VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Hurricane Harbor Attraction(s) Coming?

DarkKnight

My argument for the mat racer is it could take a LOT f people each run with just two attendants (one on top and one at the bottom), whereas a mutli-slide tower would require a lot more attendants. I believe because the water is so shallow for a mat slide (there is no splash down pool) the attendants wouldn't need to be certified lifeguards, making them even easier to staff.

I know what you mean about staffing. On Labor Day this year, they had one Attendant working the top if Hurricane Mountain. The wait was very long, because of it. And I had to wait in it, cause' my Daughter wanted to do a Slide for the last day of the Season.

One of my friends said that they heard from an insider that they were moving kingda ka?! Has anyone else heard that??? cuz if that were to happen I would be dissapointed :( I had also heard they were scrapping Rolling Thunder from another person. Well if that happens we could possibly have a new ride!

I personally don't think either of them is going anywhere. The cost of moving Kingda Ka would be more than a new CGI Woodie. And that would make the Golden Kingdom the fifth Kiddie Section, and nothing else. And for Rolling Thunder, I think El Toro would look pretty stupid with no Rolling Thunder next to it. It is a classic ride, that celebrates it's 20th. Birthday next year. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From Screamscape:

2009 - Hurricane Harbor Expansion - Rumor - (10/20/08) The latest rumors about the new slide coming to Hurricane Harbor indicate that the park was looking over various plans for a Mat Racer slide since they really do need something with high capacity. Anyone know more?

If it is a Mat Racer, I'd like to see one that does something other than just a bunch of drops. Aqua Racer at Dorney is fun but it's a really short ride. The one at Blizzard Beach is great, not the one that is also just drops but the one next to it like a bobsled type course with lots of turns.

Let's hope the latest rumor on Screamscape isn't true:

2009 - Hurricane Harbor Expansion - Rumor - (10/21/08) While just on the verge of Hurricane Harbor finally adding a new attraction, we’ve now heard from a very reliable source that the waterpark might not get a new slide at all next year due to some budget cuts.

:(

• 3 weeks later...

I sent Hurricane Harbor an E-Mail saying that I am interested in buying a 3-Park Pass for next Season depending if there is going to be a new Attraction. And their response to my question was a No. I just recieved their reply a couple of day's ago, So it is really not looking good at this point.

Man that sucks. HH is long overdue for a new slide, I was hoping for at least a Tornado slide if not a duo Tornado/ Bowl slides. The Mat racer slides like Dorney has, have slow moving lines because it takes people awhile to get on the mats right. Hell it takes some people 10 min to just put their butts into a tube let alone lie down on a mat and line it up andwait for everyone else to do the same thing before you can all slide down. SF has always treated HH as a second banana and because of that they probably won't put in new slide for some time to come.

Edited by The Master