VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Hurricane Harbor Attraction(s) Coming?

DarkKnight

At the Golden Carousel Awards last night at the park (awards given to employees every year), park president Mark Kane announced that Hurricane Harbor will definitely be getting a new attraction next year, but anything for the park side has not been finalized yet. No idea what it will be, although we can guess (Torando).

If I had to guess, we probably will receive one of three options (most likely #1):

(1) Tornado - almost every park except ours has one. (Below -- Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom)

gallery_2_28_99851.jpg

(2) Watercoaster - a really nice addition (and the one that gets my vote) but I think it is probably the most costly. (Below -- Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom)

gallery_2_28_10635.jpg

or (3) Tony Hawk's Halfpipe - inexpensive but unfortunately really simple. Click the image below to see a video of the ride at Six Flags America

gallery_2_28_169027.jpg

I'm ok with any of the three choices and feel that the Tornado Slide is the best option. The halfpipe slide would be ok I guess, but if they used the Tony Hawk theme it would just kill the theming in Hurricane Harbor.

Pete

yeah i wouldn't really want a halfpipe.. it looks like it is done in like two seconds.

My vote is definetely for a water coaster, as I said before. It may be too expensive, but Hurricane Harbor hasn't seen a new addition in almost a decade. I think Hurricane Harbor deserves a big new attraction like this because nothing new has been added. And also, when we find out what it is, will it be added to the H.H. spotlight? And also, could somebody explain this tornado slide to me? What does it do?

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass

I would rather see a bowl than a Tornado but with HH's crowds they will need twins of whatever they will put in. It would be cool if they put in a tower with both a big bowl and a Tornado.

If they are going by last year's numbers of 7mil. for New Attractions at each park, That is more than one Water Slide. If the Theme Park is not getting a new Attraction for "09" and all the money is going for HH, it probably will be something big. Have any of you seen those new slide sections that have a Projector that puts an image on a "water wall" that makes it look like you are going to go thru spikes or whatever you want to project on to it. They can be added to any "Tunnel slide" and are really cool.

Thanks Railer! Although it's not a projector, your post gave me a SUPER, GREAT, and FANTASTIC idea Go to this address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSLEX8iivPo

That's water writing, water is dropped from a fountain in the shape of letters to make words, just image if Hurricane Harbor got a brand new entree plaza, and instead of those recorded annuoncements, they are written with water writing-

"Welcome to Six Flags Hurrican Harbor

Please be aware that there is no

smoking, profanity, or violence

Food and drinks may not be brought in

All guests must comply with all written, recorded and verbal warnigns while in Six Flags Hurrican Harbor

Today, the following attractions are closed(attractions that are closed will be listed here)

Thanks and enjoy your day at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor!

Edited by warnerleroy

I'd like to see something like Aquatica's Roa's Rapids at Hurricane Harbor. They could change the lazy river into something like Roa's Rapids. For those who don't what Roa's Rapids is, it is a lazy river with a current.

Luis L.

SFGAm's Hurricane Harbor has a 6-lane mat slide....

P6020047.JPG

I think that would be a great addition to HH, but I still have a feeling it will be a Tornado.

That's a 6 Lane Octopus Racer and is awesome. Mat Slides are the best, on that middle hump you can get some serious air. If the park put one of those up I would definetly get "kicked off" and in trouble. But it would be worth it.