VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

"Plussing" attractions to make them new and exciting again

GAcoaster

Is Plussing a ride a good idea?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is modifying an attraction to make it a "NEW" ride a good idea?

• Yes, GREAT idea! Bring new life to old attractions!
    • It's OK...better than nothing
    • I'd rather have nothing than get a modified attraction

So, with the news of X2, Superman Ride of Steel (SFNE) and Monster Plantation (SFOG) all getting makeovers to refresh them and add something new to them, trying to make them "new" attractions again, what do you think of this idea? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

What attractions (at GA or any other park) would you like to see "plussed"?

I think it's a good idea when the company has to watch every expense, and it makes sense to add new elements all the time. Of course we'd all rather see new rides and attractions added, but a good ride makeover could also be fun. :)

My list of GA attractions I could see being made over:

Medusa (new theme/name so it fits the Western section)

Nitro (new theme/name so it fits the Movietown/Superhero area of the park)

Congo Rapids (new theme/name so it fits the Movietown/Superhero area of the park)

Houdini (Scooby Doo makeover)

Bumper Cars (rehab, re installation in a new location with new theme)

All but the Houdini makeover I would LIKE to see (I think Houdini was fine as it was) :D

I agree.

Rolling Thunder- I wouldn't mind seeing some lightning effects in the structure and in some of the landscaping and trees in the future.

GASM- a queue like the old Right Stuff. I think they could remove the queue house and allow people to walk both ways around the parachutes. I'm not sure of a name change. I like the GASM so much

Runaway Train- I would like to see a couple of scenes in the low-lying areas. I'm not so sure about an actual mine as I like the trees. I would love to see a "walking" queue that would meander through and ontop of the fort.

Log Flume- I'm sure there could be a good movie tie-in for the ride, but I would like to see a nice queue similar to Lock Ness Monsters

Skull Mountain-something! Anything. This is the proper ride for an Indiana Jones soundtrack.

The splashbattle could fit around the old Evolution area.

In my opinion, adding Scooby Doo to Houdini would cheapen the attraction and have the same negative effect as adding Stitch to Alien Encounter.

Good point, Harry

Nitro- Theme it after the Riddler and NygmaTech (like Magic Mountain's Riddler's Revenge theming)

GASM- What darkridefan said

Skull Mountain- Have an Indiana Jones like theme

Medusa- Retheme it to make it look like SFGAm's Viper (even rename the ride Revenge of Viper)

Luis L.