VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

29yrswithaGApass

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better - Batman or Robin?

• Batman (blue track)
    • Robin (red track)
    • I was only able to ride Batman
    • I was only able to ride Robin
  2. 2. Which restraints were better on Chiller?

• Neck harnesses
    • Lap Bars
  3. 3. Which was better?

• Inverted rolls (1997-2006)
    • In-line humps (2007)

• 3 weeks later...

This spotlight makes me cry. I always had an attatchment to to Chiller, and I've been there from day 1 (of year 2 :P ). This is my favorite Spotlight on the site, and I just realized, it's probably the biggest!

-Dainan "As of now at least" Rafferty

This spotlight makes me cry. I always had an attatchment to to Chiller, and I've been there from day 1 (of year 2 :P ). This is my favorite Spotlight on the site, and I just realized, it's probably the biggest!-Dainan "As of now at least" Rafferty
It definitely is the largest single ride Spotlight we have done (to date ;) ) with almost 350 photos. I think Adventure Rivers would have been the biggest if we hadn't decided to break it out into sub pages. Overall, so far the record goes to the Halloween Events Spotlight coming in at over 400 photos.

Great job Tom and Harry. When is the Batman the Ride and Batman Stunt Show spotlights coming outR.I.P Chiller 1997-2007 :(:(:(
Very happy to hear you enjoyed it! And to answer your question without ruining the surprise, one of them is in the works! B)

Don't take this as a request, I don't want to push you guys. You do plenty of work as is! But anyways, I'm really looking forward to see spotlights of Lightning Loops, Jumping Jack Flash and Stuntman's Freefall.

Edited by redsoxfan0810

Don't take this as a request, I don't want to push you guys. You do plenty of work as is! But anyways, I'm really looking forward to see spotlights of Lightning Loops, Jumping Jack Flash and Stuntman's Freefall.

Your input is really valuable and we do take it into consideration when putting our plans together. Some of the Spotlights that we already introduced have been based on reader's suggestions. We will add these to our list. Stay tuned!

Harry

It takes us a while to do them because we both work full time jobs (I actually work a full time job AND a part time job). We also want to be as thorough as possible. Between the two of us we have (literally) thousands of pictures to sort through for each spotlight, and that takes time.

We try do do one every 10 days, but with the past couple we did they were bigger than average, and with a couple that were release at the same time, it took longer than usual.

Thanks Harry. I still have two questions: 1. Why does it take too long for you and Tom to release a new spotlight? 2. When is another going to come out?Luis L.

Well, the biggest hurdle to getting Spotlights out quicker is that Tom (GAcoaster) and I both work full-time jobs and then some! In the past, our target has been to release a new Spotlight about every 10 days. We have been sort of successful with that schedule- it really depends upon the size of the Spotlight we are working on. Each Spotlight requires a tremendous amount of work including compiling photos, preparing them for publishing, researching facts and statistics, locating and editing videos, graphic preparations and font selections, layout design, writing and editing text, populating the pages, and finally proof-reading and testing. Smaller Spotlights (like Joust-a-bout) can be completed in a couple of days, but the more lengthy and detailed Spotlights (like Skyride and Chiller) can take a couple weeks. Having just completed two huge Spotlights (Chiller and Halloween) followed by the simultaneous introduction this week of five Spotlights (Safari Hospitality Center, Safari Exploration Station, The Lion Sign, Wiggles World, and the GA Rides Graveyard) to coincide with the kick-off of the forums, we will be back to a "normal schedule" over the next two months with new Spotlights scheduled for every 7-10 days. (subject to change of course!)I hope that helps!

Harry

The ride didn't really follow the movie well. In the movie, Mr Freeze's hideaway was the Snowys Ice Cream Factory. There was never a Freeze Generator in the movie. Another thing, I don't recall references of Poisen Ivy in the ride

Here are some questions

1. When did they get rid of the fog and strobes

2. Was there a safety spiel in the station like Batman the Ride and Skull Mountain.

Edited by Luis L

Answers

Number 1: They got rid of the fog and stobes during the 1998 season (I believe). Though the sonic booms were still able to be heard in Batman's queue when the train would launch in 2002.

Number 2: Yes there were spiels, they were taken away when the ride was retrofited to lap bars. Though I think I heard them last year once!

-Dainan "Hoped that helped" Rafferty

Can anybody tell me where I might be able to find a floor plan layout of Batman & Robin: Chiller's station? I am doing a report on the ride. I am not just talking about the queuing, but I mean something that shows the computer room, doorways, the control booth, and how to get to the control booth. Does anybody know where I can find something like this?

I remember there being posters of Batman and Robin over the loading tracks during its first season, but then they disappeared. Does anyone else ever remember seeing them?

I never saw them, but I have a book about coasters that had pictures of Chiller from 1997. One of them show the rear of the station and on the station were posters of the movie

Edited by Luis L

^It most definately is.

Oh yea, and the buzz on the street as that a private company in Poland is actually interested in Chiller. But not to operate, but to auction off, so... We'll see what actually happens!

-Dainan "And...begin!" Rafferty

^It most definately is.

Oh yea, and the buzz on the street as that a private company in Poland is actually interested in Chiller. But not to operate, but to auction off, so... We'll see what actually happens!

-Dainan "And...begin!" Rafferty

I am going to get that button!!!!