VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

29yrswithaGApass

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better - Batman or Robin?

• Batman (blue track)
    • Robin (red track)
    • I was only able to ride Batman
    • I was only able to ride Robin
  2. 2. Which restraints were better on Chiller?

• Neck harnesses
    • Lap Bars
  3. 3. Which was better?

• Inverted rolls (1997-2006)
    • In-line humps (2007)

First of all, I use the internet and go to Google searching worst movies never made, and one of them is Batman & Robin. Another that wasn't great was Catwoman.

So in other words you cant make a decision for youself? Im just saying you shouldnt judge something off of other peoples assumptions! There are pleanty of movies that get bad reviews and end up being great. you shouldnt be a follower.

Batman & Robin? Why would they pick that name of the terrible movie for that ride, anyway? The movie was pretty bad (especially George Clooney's nipples). Never saw the movie by the way!

BAT CREDIT CARD!!!!!

bat-credit-card1.jpg

Edited by MarioSonic94

So in other words you cant make a decision for youself? Im just saying you shouldnt judge something off of other peoples assumptions! There are pleanty of movies that get bad reviews and end up being great. you shouldnt be a follower.

I understand, but Batman & Robin wasn't a great movie. I've seen many websites that says Batman & Robin is one of the worst movies of all time.

Discussion ended.

New question asked: What were the in-line humps and what was the prupose for this coaster, anyhow?

^^The inline humps were put in to replace the cobra rolls that were originally there, but would sometime have the cars stall with the riders upslide down, whihc is EXTREMELY dangerous for the extended peroids of time needed to fix the ride. I remeber it happened in 2003. The inline humos prevented this and even id the car stalled, the riders would safely be in an upright position.

I think the main idea was to reduce stress on the trains which they failed to do. The Chiller was a very fun coaster to ride but it had alot of design flaws that SF didn't have the money to fix. Chiller may have even been unfixable but sadly the ride is a pile of parts now.

Edited by The Master

There are pleanty of movies that get bad reviews and end up being great.
Okay, movies that get bad reviews and end up being great, huh?

Batman & Robin (in which this coaster is based on), The Cat in The Hat (starring Mike Myers), Son of The Mask, Catwoman, and Battlefied Earth are some of the worst movies ever made.

For more information of worst movies ever use the following websites and sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films...d_the_worst

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/feb/03...worst-film-ever

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/m...ovie_worst.html

www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/worst_of_the_worst/

Here are some movies that have negative reviews, but end up being great

Space Jam

The Grinch (starring Jim Carrey)

Jumanji

I understand, but Batman & Robin wasn't a great movie. I've seen many websites that says Batman & Robin is one of the worst movies of all time.

Discussion ended.

Okay, movies that get bad reviews and end up being great, huh?

Batman & Robin (in which this coaster is based on), The Cat in The Hat (starring Mike Myers), Son of The Mask, Catwoman, and Battlefied Earth are some of the worst movies ever made.

For more information of worst movies ever use the following websites and sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films...d_the_worst

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/feb/03...worst-film-ever

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/m...ovie_worst.html

www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/worst_of_the_worst/

Here are some movies that have negative reviews, but end up being great

Space Jam

The Grinch (starring Jim Carrey)

Jumanji

This is SERIOUSLY off-topic, and this is not the first time. I strongly suggest that you evaluate whether or not your post moves the thread forward before choosing to add your reply...

This is SERIOUSLY off-topic, and this is not the first time. I strongly suggest that you evaluate whether or not your post moves the thread forward before choosing to add your reply...

I'm sorry sorry sorry!

:(

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This IS off topic!

Sorry, I never do it again!

No more off topics!

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Edited by GAThriller

• 6 months later...

I got to ride the coaster (both sides) 5-10 altoghter.I think they may have countered down,it was awhile ago.Last time I rode it,it had harnesses and both sides were functional.96 or 98 I think.I always rode in the front,loved it the trains nose came to my knee so I felt exposed compared to Scream Machines boxed cars and the old wooden cars.I would actualy watch the brake pads(I think thats what they were)they would open one by one like a Zipper opening towards you.After the last one opened in a second or two the train lauched.If I wasnt in the the front wich was seldom,I just held on and kept my head back.It would also have a hum as they were charging it for launch.My best amusement park memories are from this park,Chiller was a great coaster,but was taken out for a very good reason.

Another thing I remember,was how loud the roar from this coaster was. It was worse than your everyday B&M. When both sides were going it was even worse.Coming out the exit was the worst part because you wanted to beat the train before launch to save your ears(If I didn't suceed I just covered my ears).You could hear it from the entance gate,just the slight rumble.My cousin never rode it but walked by it one of its last years and one of his remarks was how noisy it was.lol I loved the sound it made charging to launch,so futureistic.

Another thing I remember,was how loud the roar from this coaster was. It was worse than your everyday B&M. When both sides were going it was even worse.Coming out the exit was the worst part because you wanted to beat the train before launch to save your ears(If I didn't suceed I just covered my ears).You could hear it from the entance gate,just the slight rumble.My cousin never rode it but walked by it one of its last years and one of his remarks was how noisy it was.lol I loved the sound it made charging to launch,so futureistic.

I know, it was like a jet fighter roar, LOL.

i wanna get the roar of a coaster for my ri ngtone!

If ANYONE would want that, they'd either be crazy or just have really strong ears! :P

Since we're all talking about Chiller again, I'd might as well give my own comments. I never rode either side but was unbelievably close to riding Robin. Back in May of 2007 (before I became a GADV fanatic), I was going to ride one of the back rows with one of my friends, but another friend who didn't want to ride it convinced me to wait outside with him. Seroiusly, I was 2 or 3 loads from getting on the train and I've been kicking myself ever since. :pinch: At least I learned from this experience to ride every single coaster when I go to a theme park , because you never know when it will malfunction beyond repair and close forever.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...