VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

29yrswithaGApass

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better - Batman or Robin?

• Batman (blue track)
    • Robin (red track)
    • I was only able to ride Batman
    • I was only able to ride Robin
  2. 2. Which restraints were better on Chiller?

• Neck harnesses
    • Lap Bars
  3. 3. Which was better?

• Inverted rolls (1997-2006)
    • In-line humps (2007)

With SFDK getting a new premier coaster (red zone would have never considered), could you imagine they completely renovated chiller and reintroduced it as Batman Vs. Joker escape from Arkym? ......oh the possibilities, but now back to reality. Its such a shame that this ride is sitting and rotting away, breaks my heart!

I would love it! We might as well stick with Batman theming in Movietown. We could do just a joker theme. So there would be Batman the Ride, The Joker and The Dark Knight (which is kind of both, I guess). I still think Mr. Freeze... and we could call it MR.FREEZE: CHILLER... gasp!

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
Spelling, punctuation, capitalization, internet shorthand.

It really is a shame what happened to Chiller. I wonder if Chiller would have been saved if Shapiro was never in charge at the time? He was very trigger happy about removing rides during his tenure in SF.

Edited by The Master

the station really needs to be used. i hope SF plans something. why else would they keep it up? be a shame if they didnt wanna pay to remove it....

it really would be perfect for some sort of launch rollercoaster like an intamin impulse coaster.... even a zac spin like the green lantern in MM??? PLEASE! lol

I've heard there were plans to re-use the station under Shapiro with twin spinning coasters, but with the bankruptcy, things fell through.

It really is a shame what happened to Chiller. I wonder if Chiller would have been saved if Shapiro was never in charge at the time? He was very trigger happy about removing rides during his tenure in SF.

I don't think it would have made much difference. The real deciding factor was the companies finances and the bankruptcy, although the ride was doomed from the start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Noticing that the station for the Mr. Freeze coasters both have an animatronic of the Freeze-a-nator himself, I thought that it would've been fitting if Six Flags took a similar approach and created animatronics of George Clooney (Batman) and Chris O'Donnell (Robin) to put in the station.

http://www.staggercy...ibits/mr-freeze

Edited by MarioSonic94

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have heard from two sources yesterday that the Chiller was sold to an unknow company in early February this year--first was in a comment on a youtube video, and the second was on wikipedia. Does anyone know anything else of this? And if so, who bought it and where it may be/ will be reconstructed? And lastly, does this mean that Great Adventure does not own this design anymore and will never ever be brought back regardless of what happens in the future? Please, answer.

I have heard from two sources yesterday that the Chiller was sold to an unknow company in early February this year--first was in a comment on a youtube video, and the second was on wikipedia. Does anyone know anything else of this? And if so, who bought it and where it may be/ will be reconstructed? And lastly, does this mean that Great Adventure does not own this design anymore and will never ever be brought back regardless of what happens in the future? Please, answer.

This:

Did the Chiller's sale fall through? A few days ago on italintl the ride was listed as sold. Now it's back. You can also see the ride on Amusement Trader.

I have recently heard that the Chiller was sold toan unknow company, and I wanted to know if anybody knows anything at all about this? I hope the buyer is close to / in the United States becasue I would love to ride the Chiller at least once in my life. Also, does anybody know if this means that Great Adventure/ Six Flags does not own the rights to this ride/design? Also, does this mean that they can not try to fix the ride even if they decide to give it another chance? I doubt it, but still, please respond.

Edited by chillerrocked

Did you read the reply you got in the Batman and Robin The Chiller thread? I dont think anything else is known at this time.

This:

RideOfSteel, on 15 February 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

Did the Chiller's sale fall through? A few days ago on italintl the ride was listed as sold. Now it's back. You can also see the ride on Amusement Trader.

Oh THANK GOD! I doubt it will happen, but I would love to see the park realize that it is useless now, and that they decide to fix it for some strange reason. It would be a dream come true for me to ride it once in my lifetime. Also, thank you for responding-- I posted yesterday but it got removed...

It won't let me follow the link to Amusement Trader, and I was on the italintl website literarlly 5 minutes ago and it says that the ride is unavailable--that it has been removed or sold. Also, I saw on another website that it was sold too...

http://www.intermarkridegroup.com/roller-coasters/premier-dual-lim-coaster-rc1290 this seems a bit unreliable though... please someone respond once again

Chiller will find a good home some day. If you want the same 'Chiller experience' you can always make your way down to SFA in Maryland. Joker's Jinx is a slower ride but its still great! I still have to try Mr. Freeze either t SFOT or St. Louis!

I know that Mr. Freeze is very similar to the Chiller, but what I don't get it why Great Adventure doesn't try new technology on a dummy ride...if Mr. Freeze works fine, then why can't the Chiller run well with the same technology? Our technology now is 15 years newer than it was when the Chiller was built, and i am almost certain that this new technology will cost less and need less maintenence. Also, can someone link me the address of the Batman and Robin the Chiller thread that was talked about before? Thank you...I cant find it anywhere and I would love to see what is being said there.

Here you go!

My link

Well technology is so much more advanced now. No doubt Chiller would have been able to survive with the more advaned Intamin launch systems. Even with this I doubt SFGA would have kept the ride. They put so much money into the ride without results. GA didn't want to deal with the problem anymore.

I dont blame them for being tired of fixing it and spending money, but does it really HAVE to be a LIM launch? LIM launches are sick, but why can't it be a different form of launch? Or, have the initial LIMs, but have the spike's LIMs be replaced with launch wheels to give it speed to make it back while saving a lot of money. I really think that the staff should look around and see how much people want the ride to come back. i counted on a youtube video that out of 250 comments, 126 said how badly they wanted the CHiller to return, and a LARGE portion of the other comments were about which park was better-- GAdv or MM. Most comments here had the Chiller in it too. It's not like only a few people want it back. Look how many memorial videos there are out there... Also I am sure people will return just for a re-opening of the Chiller. Anyways, thank you for the link i couldn't find it anywhere.

If it really is a piece of crap, why don't they repair it so it isn't a piece of crap so it can be sold? If no one is buying it, then hopefully they will realize that it has to be improved upon first. Then, if we get lucky, they may completely repair it and re-install it in the park... I highly doubt this will happen and I am not getting my hopes up, but still...it would make a great 40th anniversarry gift, right?

No problem man! I have the same feelings as you do! By the way, I created one of those memorial videos(Bathardyzman- my account). Anyways, nothing comes close to that LIMs launch. It's just breathtaking that first launch. "3,2,1 go!" Man those were great times. Kingda Ka is the only ride now that you can experience that rush (when it's open). Intamin has a better design than Premier Rides did and it would be great for the rebirth of Chiller to have some sort of design like that. With the amount of people who want this ride back, voicing our opinions to the GA team might and I stress, might, help our cause to bring the Chiller back.