VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

29yrswithaGApass

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better - Batman or Robin?

• Batman (blue track)
    • Robin (red track)
    • I was only able to ride Batman
    • I was only able to ride Robin
  2. 2. Which restraints were better on Chiller?

• Neck harnesses
    • Lap Bars
  3. 3. Which was better?

• Inverted rolls (1997-2006)
    • In-line humps (2007)

not to be a downer here, but do you actually think the coaster is going to work any better in Brazil then it did in New Jersey? seems like a giant waste of time , but we made out on the deal, and where are the trains? they were never in the fields, were they sent to another park or are they getting new ones

not to be a downer here, but do you actually think the coaster is going to work any better in Brazil then it did in New Jersey? seems like a giant waste of time , but we made out on the deal, and where are the trains? they were never in the fields, were they sent to another park or are they getting new ones

With some investment it might run fine. Evolution never worked at Great Adventure but has been much more reliable at Six Flags St Louis.

We believe that the park can really make it work, and we look forward to the announcement is officially made, as it has not happened. Perhaps the announcement when we know more details.

We know with certainty that it will not be ready this year, but we're all curious to see the first parts being assembled.

I am personally THRILLED to see that this ride will be rising again. I thought it was going to rot in that field forever. I used to operate this coaster back in it's final seasons, I was quite close to it. I believe the problems can be fixed, but it will be tough. An entire team of six flags engineers couldn't figure it out, but granted they probably had a limited budget to work with... and add that to all the modifications they did to the ride in the prior off season it would not have been wise to invest more into it. I heard they are bringing in an outside company to do some modifications, not Premier. I expect they will modify the trains, purchase new LIMs, weld up the track some, paint it, and look into rewiring and reprogramming/updating the computer system. I wish it all the best of luck in its new home, I'll be visiting Brazil shortly after its opening...

I am personally THRILLED to see that this ride will be rising again. I thought it was going to rot in that field forever. I used to operate this coaster back in it's final seasons, I was quite close to it. I believe the problems can be fixed, but it will be tough. An entire team of six flags engineers couldn't figure it out, but granted they probably had a limited budget to work with... and add that to all the modifications they did to the ride in the prior off season it would not have been wise to invest more into it. I heard they are bringing in an outside company to do some modifications, not Premier. I expect they will modify the trains, purchase new LIMs, weld up the track some, paint it, and look into rewiring and reprogramming/updating the computer system. I wish it all the best of luck in its new home, I'll be visiting Brazil shortly after its opening...

The park has a vekoma's engineer with direct contact with the company.... maybe Vekoma can help( but I'm sure that Premier wants to see the ride perfect...) . I hope they modify the trains too.

Hopefully Chiller will run again well down there. Though it probably will still mean I won't be able to ride it again. I think Chiller was what caused Shapiro to go on his ripping out older rides kick. GADV still suffers from the lack of flats caused by him.

Yes, but perhaps not so shiny parts! I am curious what color, if any, they repaint the ride. The blue portions actually appear to still look in decent shape paint wise, however the red sections (if you want to call it red anymore!) obviously need some paint asap!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to double post but a thought just occurred to me; does anyone think it might be possible they are just restoring / refurbishing the ride? I was looking into the history of the park and it appears they have done this twice in the past. As in, brought a coaster onto the property, fixed it up, then sold it again. And given the status of the park, I find it hard to believe they would have adequate funding to run the ride. It's a small park with coasters no where near being on this level. If a park like Great Adventure could not keep up with the costs of such a ride, I'd imagine a smaller park might have lots more trouble with it.

Yes, the park has done it before, but I do not think this is the case with The Chiller. Until we have a ground prepared for it.

Beto Carrero World has some kind of partnership with the city to the power supply, and by what we know has already been made to purchase a generator exclusively for The Chiller. This park receives much support from the state government, for it was he who made the small town where it is built appear on the map of Brazil, without the park, Penha (the city) never "exist". The proof of this support is the tax cut on import roller coaster.

Every month of May happens an event aimed at tourism professionals in the park, and we believe that next year we can see The Chiller being inaugurated this event.

We are always looking for news about the parts, which are currently in storage awaiting restoration, probably. And we think that all the parts have not arrived yet.

Sorry to double post but a thought just occurred to me; does anyone think it might be possible they are just restoring / refurbishing the ride? I was looking into the history of the park and it appears they have done this twice in the past. As in, brought a coaster onto the property, fixed it up, then sold it again. And given the status of the park, I find it hard to believe they would have adequate funding to run the ride. It's a small park with coasters no where near being on this level. If a park like Great Adventure could not keep up with the costs of such a ride, I'd imagine a smaller park might have lots more trouble with it.

I'm sure that the chiller will run again here, unfortunately it'll take some time until we'll be able to see the tracks on their place. According to the project the area where The Chiller will be assemble is going to be used at a festival in november, until there only the track will be refurbish...

**** rumors about new trains :)

• 3 weeks later...