VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

29yrswithaGApass

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better - Batman or Robin?

• Batman (blue track)
    • Robin (red track)
    • I was only able to ride Batman
    • I was only able to ride Robin
  2. 2. Which restraints were better on Chiller?

• Neck harnesses
    • Lap Bars
  3. 3. Which was better?

• Inverted rolls (1997-2006)
    • In-line humps (2007)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Seeing those construction photos reminds me of how loud the launches where-especially on the exit ramp.

At Six Flags America, The Joker's Jinx, also a Premier LIM launch coaster, has a loud launch too. The tunnel, however, reduces the noise it makes, but the track makes a loud roar like most B&M coasters that can be heard across the park.

• 10 months later...

I have heard rumors that Six Flags Great America intended to build a Premier Rides LIM launch coaster for the 1998 season, but the project was cancelled due to issues with the Mr. Freeze clones and The Chiller.   Does anyone have more info on this project?  This is the only piece of non speculative info I have been able to find about the project:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-06-26/news/9706260381_1_roller-coaster-six-flags-great-america-village-board

Six Flags Pulls Proposal To Build 225-foot Wilderness Roller Coaster

June 26, 1997 | By Ted Saylor.

GURNEE — Officials of Six Flags Great America informed the Gurnee Zoning Board of Appeals on Wednesday night that they have dropped plans for construction of a 225-foot-tall roller coaster.

"At this time, it appears unlikely that the attraction will be constructed," wrote Six Flags Senior Vice President J. Michael Foerster in a letter to the zoning board.

The letter did not provide a reason for canceling the ride.

Six Flags officials had requested a zoning variation to permit construction of a wilderness-themed roller coaster near the Iron Wolf ride.

Under a zoning agreement approved when the park was constructed, any structure with a height below 125 feet can be built without the village's permission.

Because the proposed new ride would have been 225 feet tall, the Village Board would have had to approve the variation. The board last October approved the 227-foot Giant Drop ride.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

its weird that the roller coaster is based on the worst movie at all time.

its way better if they theme it to batman & mr freeze subzero to promotion the animated movie of the same name

Edited by harry2004

Last picture of the ride (from four years ago) showed the track in a field (kind of like Batman in storage at Darien Lake, now back in the family, but still), everything else is safe in warehouse (and I think the trains were like new or were new when they were shipped).

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, Tbone112499 said:

Does anyone know where this farm is? Somewhere in Plumstead if I'm not mistaken?

Not far from the park.  If you use Google Earth, you can see the track sitting there in the 2008-2010 images.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/40°06'04.6"N+74°29'16.3"W/@40.1016332,-74.49325,695m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.101273!4d-74.48785

• Like 1