VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

29yrswithaGApass

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which was better - Batman or Robin?

• Batman (blue track)
    • Robin (red track)
    • I was only able to ride Batman
    • I was only able to ride Robin
  2. 2. Which restraints were better on Chiller?

• Neck harnesses
    • Lap Bars
  3. 3. Which was better?

• Inverted rolls (1997-2006)
    • In-line humps (2007)

Welcome to all our new members! We are happy to have you here and look forward to you sharing pictures and information about the arrival and construction of the coaster in Brazil.

We will work to understand your postings in English (none of us speak Portuguese, and we applaud your attempt at speaking our language and doing it well! :)

I have always been fascinated by BCW and the similarities between it and Great Adventure.

I think this park looks fantastic! While they may done a bit of copying attractions from other parks, there's a great deal of creativity here. Quite frankly, this is very much what Great Adventure could and should be. I do, however, have to wonder if the park is actually profitable.

Hey.'m New here as you can see, I am an admirer of the network Six Flags, my wish is that someday in Brazil has a park network. Going to the subject on The Chiller am very confused because she has always known that many problems at Six Flags, I'm afraid it gets here and the Park Beto Carrero failing to regain it's ZERO ... no problems in the duel.Going to the parks of Brazil, in my view ta Best Park is the Hopi Hari think you probably heard or read something goes about it, he has a contract with Warner Bros. and also he is in a phase of the redesign Park, modifying two themes, one that is already opened with the theme INFANTASIA tHE LOONEY TUNES SHOW, the other subject area that is being modified is ARIBABIBA to have JUSTICE LEAGUE, also signed a contract to bring to meet the Penelope Pitstop girls for the second half of 2012 the park will launch the new model 10 inversions that rely on the lift with a speed 20km/he immediate drop taking that curve before the fall.peepwallA.gif

Edited by André Vides

Hey guys, sorry about the confusion!

First of all....we're members from CBMR (visit us > www.cbmr.com.br - google translator may helptongue_smilie.gif) ;about Maria Renata ; really sorry about her, she's a rich daddy's girl banned from our club - I guess brazilians shoud be more patriotic, like americans, however we have persons like her, that besides of complain about our park, go to spend their money on other countries....attitude that won't help us, anyway. - But, don't think that we're like her ...please). We're like you ! We love our parks rolllaf.gif

Some rumors about The Chiller has been spread for us since january, i guess... We're so happy about it, of course it'll need to be completely refurbished., but we're sure it'll receive a good tretament here... don't worry!biggrin.gif

Answering a member question: no... they won't reinstall the heart-line rolls.... The supports were modified... sad.gif

We'll be happy to share you some news about the construction , if you wanna....

Thanks, and really sorry about the confusion!

Sorry horse's girl. I've forgotten ur profession....maybe I'll ask u some stuff from USA, guess this will help you to pay your awesome trip :P I'll be happy to help ur parents

Edited by overthehills

The site preparation to receive the Chiller has begun. I do not know how to post pictures here so I'll leave the link to a fan site with photos:

http://www.clubebetocarrero.com.br/2012/05/atualizacao-01-comeca-super-obra-no-bcw.html

http://www.clubebetocarrero.com.br/2012/05/update-02-novas-imagens-da-obra-no.html

No, I'm not a rich girl. I work my ass off in order to pay for my trips. That's the problem with average brazilians. They complain a lot, don't work hard, don't make any effort to improve their culture, to learn a new language and to travel abroad. And when someone has the guts to stand out and have a opinion, those poor in spirit complain. Those people here study in private schools, that are not cheap in Brazil, and those schools teach english classes since kindergarden, There's no excuse for this "google translator english", that's just lazyness (or stupidity)

Unlike most brazilians, I'm not blind. I know how to aprreciate what my country has to offer, and I'm able to tell when something needs imporvement. And if something in my country is not good, there's no reason to pretend that I don't see that.

I think buying the Chiller was a stupid option. BCW doesn't have ATM machines, doesn't have a website in english/spanish, doesn't offer transportation to/from airport and bus station, doesn't have a Q'bot system, doesn't have multilingual staff, has the WORST SLC coaster I've ever ridden (and I've ridden a lot of SLCs), it's themeing is confusing, it lacks a coesive landscaping and doesn't have enought flat rides. I think the money would be much more well spent if they tried to solve all those small issues that makes the park look indeeed, MESSY, CREEPY and with a lot of rip off rides.

Brazilian parks tend to copy American parks, but they do not have that extra factor that makes american parks so good. Hopi Hari, for instance, has a huge RCCA wooden coaster that is pretty much crap. It hurts like hell, it's almost impossible to ride it twice. Why not build a much smaller GCI or Gravity Group coaster instead? Mirabilandia bought Deja Vu, which was a mistake at first place, and now it's rotting away because the park and the government are having some issues about the land the park stays in. BCW bought a SLC coaster, repainted it, put a lot of cool themeing, but the ride is CRAP, really crap. It made me burst into tears. And do you know what the funny thing is? BCW knows that it's SLC is crap, but they don't do anything to make it better, because brazilians don't know any other inverted coaster, so they think Firewhip is actually good!

I'm really ashamed of those brazilians, I really am. I think everyone should have the right to express their opinions, and I think it was really inappropriate of them to come here and start defending BCW. On their own forum in Brazil they complained a lot about you, americans, saying that you were just jealous that Chiller was coming to Brazil, like you have nothing better to do. Unfortunately, that's how the average brazilians think.

Edited by mariarenatafranca

No offense taken and we don't mean to criticize the park in Brazil. It offers a lot of different things that are just a little strange compared to things here in the U.S. We just hope that Chiller operates a little more reliably in South America than it did at Great Adventure. We will be curious to see how it goes!

Welcome everyone to our site!

Does anyone know whether Six Flags sold the parts for the ride, or if they sold the rights to the ride as well? If the ride goes really well with the modified supports and new technology and refurbishments, does anyone think that there may be a future for another shot at a LIM launch coaster? The park has been turning for the best in my opinion and they seem to be going for a nostalgic feeling. Plus, with a big anniversary coming up for the park, what could be coming in the future?

I think everyone should have the right to express their opinions, and I think it was really inappropriate of them to come here and start defending BCW.

She contradicts herself right here by saying that people are allowed to express their opinions, yet, at the same time, thinks it's inappropriate for other members to come here and show their positive views (which is everyone else, by the way) and real facts about the park.

Mariarenatafranca was expelled from our national forum (CBMR) for being a well known major TROLL. Unfortunately she has a long history of intrigue and cheap hassle. Her efforts for being a jerk are quite extraordinary.

Stop playing RCT3 and go start yourself a theme park. I want to see you build, from out of nothing, the n°1 theme park in South America in 20 years.

Well, since she dislikes so much our local park let's see if she's going to be coherent and won't show up here any longer. In the meantime everyone else is invited to enjoy the new home of The Chiller (if confirmed) and ride this great coaster once again.

We'll most certainly be celebrating a lot the arrival of this thrilling ride alongside the new partnership with Dreamworks and Universal Studios, to be announced officially later today.

As for you mariarenatafranca, I'm afraid your problems go way past roller coasters and theme parks. Honey, you should get a boyfriend A.S.A.P. That would do it sugar!

We'll most certainly be celebrating a lot the arrival of this thrilling ride alongside the new partnership with Dreamworks and Universal Studios, to be announced officially later today.

Has there been anything announced yet about a partnership yet? I did not know there was a potential partnership going on...but then again, how should I know? Im in the U.S.

Has there been anything announced yet about a partnership yet? I did not know there was a potential partnership going on...but then again, how should I know? Im in the U.S.

Yes chillerrocked, the partnership with Dreamworks and Universal Studios has been officially announced and confirmed this afternoon. Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda are the new characters strolling through the park. Later they'll receive specific themed areas and attractions. Fast and Furious is also the new franchise confirmed. It'll be the theme of a stunt motor show similar to Lights, Motors, Action! - The one in Disney World's Hollywood Studios.

Link to the park's facebook:

http://www.facebook....etocarreroworld (it's in Portuguese, but google translator should help)

No word yet about The Chiller though, still not confirmed.

Edited by Moonstreak

so is it confirmed that the chiller was actually sold? who says six flags is not moving the parts of the ride to another storage area? if it has not been confirmed yet if the ride was sold or not, who knows really where it is or where it is going...?

This may answer your questions:

Randon guy: "I remember hearing that this ride was purchased, but when was it announced that it was heading to Brazil? If someone has an article or something, I'd love to read it."

The guy who take some photos of the Chiller being removed: "The truck driver showed me the paperwork, i don't know if it was announced publicly,..."

Edited by overthehills

As jpfirewhip said, the park has not officially announced Brazil a new roller coaster, so we have no information about it. But still, is sure she is already on our way to the park and a maximum in July, it must begin construction.

Sorry for bad English ...

Edited by Cintya

• 4 weeks later...