VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Holiday in the Park Festival Captures the Magic of the Season at SFGA

29yrswithaGApass

New Holiday in the Park® Festival Captures the

Magic of the Season at Six Flags Great Adventure

Jackson, NJ — April 1, 2015 —This winter, the Santa tracker will lead right to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson. Six Flags Entertainment’s (NYSE: SIX) annual holiday extravaganza — Holiday in the Park® — will debut at the world's largest theme park on November 21 and run weekends and select days through January 3, 2016. Millions of glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s village, animals and many popular rides will magically transform the summer thrill destination into a winter wonderland, and will be included with all season passes and active memberships.

Holiday in the Park will provide an escape from the hustle and bustle of the shopping rush, and a way for guests to create their own magical, memorable holiday moments. A visual feast will await just inside the gates as six areas of the park undergo a massive makeover that showcases the world’s best holiday traditions. Each area will be an emotional journey, and bring the warmth of the season to guests in an entirely new way.

“Holiday in the Park will be a winter spectacular on every family’s must-do list and is included with every season pass and membership,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald. “We have invested years of research into making this the most incredible and immersive seasonal experience it can be, combining holiday traditions with thrills that are uniquely Six Flags.”

Stunning light shows, illuminated, towering trees, the iconic smell of fresh pine and crisp peppermint filling the air and festive street vendors offering sweet and savory treats will provide a multi-sensory journey of winter delights. Kids can join Santa in his workshop for a fun photo opportunity. A new entertainment program will feature a tree lighting spectacular, grand stage production, live carolers and a nightly awe-inspiring finale. Regardless of the weather forecast, a touch of magic will ensure that snowflakes fall gently every evening.

Holiday in the Park also features nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel, Parachutes and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy pint-sized thrills in the Adventure Seaport area. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN, SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Skull Mountain, weather permitting.

More information about Holiday in the Park will be available on the web during the coming months at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

gallery_2_1031_1116797.jpg

gallery_2_1031_633767.jpg

gallery_2_1031_3765121.jpg

gallery_2_1031_590082.jpg

gallery_2_1031_1789072.jpg

gallery_2_1031_388410.jpg

Sounds like they plan to have a lot open as long as they can have things opened! The wait was worth it since this sounds like they really put time and planning into it. Great to see its included with the season pass too.

It looks like they are putting a lot of time into it, and plan on having a good amount of rides open. The only sections that will be open will be the Boardwalk and to the right. I am glad they plan on opening some bigger roller coasters. Sometimes I go to Hershey at Christmas and its 50 degrees and no coasters are open.

Does anyone know what the hours are?

Looks like they are giving themselves 20 days to break down Fright Fest, and set up Holiday In The Park. Sounds like it will be really good, and it's extending the season pretty good, adds more value to a Season Pass.

think I might have to check this out. Nitro In December might be interesting. Anyone know the details as to what exactly falls under :weather permitting" does that mean is ifs too cold they wont run

think I might have to check this out. Nitro In December might be interesting. Anyone know the details as to what exactly falls under :weather permitting" does that mean is ifs too cold they wont run

Low temperatures and high winds usually prevent steel coasters from running.

It is hard to believe that the last day of the season this year is January 3rd! The description of the event far exceeded my expectations and I can't wait. Two of my favorite things, Great Adventure and Christmas, all rolled into one!

Same. I can't wait to see how the park is decorated. Last year I took my son to StoryBook Land which was amazing. The year before was Hershey. This year I can go to my home park.

All they had to do was include Nitro and I that was all I needed to see to want to go to the park no matter how cold it is. It's nice to see that Great Adventure plans to have some major coasters open. It has frustrated me for years that Hershey has refused to run any of their coasters for their holiday event, not even a smaller coaster like Trailblazer. I can see coaster fans from all over the northeast going to the park for this because there are really no other options that time of year. Other than Busch Gardens running Verbolten and Hershey running Laff Track (since it's indoors), I don't think there is a park outside of Texas, Georgia, Florida or California running anything more than a family coaster or 1 larger coaster.

I wonder how cold it is going to have to be for them to not run the outdoor coasters. I have been in the park at the end of October a few times when the temperature is around 34 and it looked like almost everything was still running.

I think it is going to depend on how many trains are running. Nitro's 3rd train isn't usually ready for opening day with a 5 month offseason so I have to guess that at the most Nitro will be running 2 trains with the 3rd train starting it's offseason rehab. The other coasters except TDK all have 2 trains and if they all only run 1 train, that could effect lines.

If they do as great a job as SFOG seems to have done with their first season of HITP, it should be awesome! Almost all the pictures and video from the press release is from SFOG.

We're hoping to get up there for a visit in December and maybe get to visit the park...

Another great surprise for this season! What if this is just an elaborate advertising scheme... they announce a "coaster" they know will cause a lot of debating, then, they announce a limited time run for another coaster, making the season somewhat better, and then they announce something huge, making this the best season in a long time. Due to all of this they get a lot of time in the news and press. Creating a buzz, for the park this means more people and more money.

Im just kidding lol.

but i could get used to these "surprises" as we get closer to the season

maybe at 11:59 PM on April 2nd, they will announce that the park secretly built a roller-coaster lol

Adventure Alley will be awesome with even more light's, and the area around the Carousel has the potential to be a Wonderland. Strolling Caroler's, Reindeer, it's going to be good. Park capacity will be lower with the closed sections, hopefully won't have any mobbed days.

Adventure Alley will be awesome with even more light's, and the area around the Carousel has the potential to be a Wonderland. Strolling Caroler's, Reindeer, it's going to be good. Park capacity will be lower with the closed sections, hopefully won't have any mobbed days.

Boardwalk has potential to be amazing too. If the games are open i can picture archways or streams of lights over the walkways connecting all of the games.

I have full faith in the park. They didn't just jump on board with the trend and went out and did research this past winter. I definitely think they know what they're doing and also trying to shoot to be the biggest and best Holiday In The Park event.