VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Rodeo Stampede

29yrswithaGApass

Rodeo Stampede was a pretty good flat that the park should have kept and it would have fit well with El Toro's themeing. SFA still has one that is very similar to GAdv's version.

Another removed ride I never rode. I think I only saw it operating at the park once when it was open (back then I didn't have a SP and only went once a season usually), and they had the no single rider rule and no one else I was with wanted to ride it so I never did.

Anyone know why they had that no single rider rule?

The single rider rule was put in place after another park had an accident on a Breakdance ride. That was also when they installed the doors on the cows.

The old management team did many things that didn't always make sense, but if it was a choice between keeping Rodeo Stampede and getting El Toro, I think we got the better end of the deal.

I think they could have kept Rodeo Stampede with El Toro but the old management wanted a war on lines of sorts for SFOT for cheap. Even during it's last season at GAdv I did not see the non single rider rule enforced.

The got rid of the bull for the bull. I never quite understood why it was removed, It would have helped with the theaming of the new section with the bull roller coaster beside it.

rodeo >tango ANY day but you have to realize, Rodeo was themed to a Western rodeo, and EL Tor was themed to a Mexican Bull fighting match, quite different.

There's not much of a difference and they just could have renamed the ride to fit the theming. GAdv has renamed rides for years so they fit with retheming projects. What happened was it would have cost SF more money to make RS fit with ET while it was cheaper to just move RS to another park which GAdv has done alot and install a smaller, cheaper ride like Tango which I think looks more like Mardi Gras than bull fighting.

Edited by The Master

Not to get off on a Tango sidetrack, but I remember people complaining that we got screwed in 2006 because the park didn't put in a better flat ride. I mean come on, we received a record breaking wooden coaster (El Toro), an entire new children's section (Bugs Bunny National Park), and family flat ride (Tango) but that still wasn't good enough for some people. Ridiculous.

I don't think anyone here is complaining about Tango but a few people like me just prefered Rodeo Stampede over Tango thats all. El Toro is a good coaster and nobody is complainig about it. AS for BBNP I really don't care much about it since I am a grown man that doesn't ride little kidddie rides and it does block off a major walkway along the lakefront.

I don't think anyone here is complaining about Tango but a few people like me just prefered Rodeo Stampede over Tango thats all. El Toro is a good coaster and nobody is complainig about it. AS for BBNP I really don't care much about it since I am a grown man that doesn't ride little kidddie rides and it does block off a major walkway along the lakefront.

I didn't mean you guys on here! I was talking about three years ago when people first learned that the new flat ride was going to be Tango. Sorry if it sounded that way.

I just don't count kiddie rides since I can't ride them nor do I have any kids of my own who might ride them. Does not matter how good they are because I can't ride them so they don't count to me.

• 2 weeks later...