VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

A Great Adventure on a Bizarro ride

GAcoaster

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POST DELETED

Nothing against History, you guys are the best. Harry is the man, Tom has really made this site amazing.

[off topic rant]

But just maybe, one day a grown man will grow up and act like his own age. Maybe one day. I mean just look at like just a few of his posts. :rolleyes:

POST DELETED

The other GA Fan Site out there had some pics. of Medusa's, or or should I say, Bizarro's Train's in the Station. They had the water Dummies as Rider's. You really can't make out the Speaker's in the Seat's though. The only reason I knew about it was Screamscape had a link today. So I quess the testing phase has begun, probably to get the Track Sensor's in sync with the Effect's.

Stay away from GAOnline!!!

it wasnt from them....

For real, it is like every other post of you is trying to talk about are site or making fun of our members. How old are you? If you got a problem with my site, be a man and just say it to one of the staff members faces on there. Don't go posting around and attempting to make fun of us.. really. Our members are enthusiastic about the park, young. Learning. But we also all a family, united for the same thing, the love of the park. Maybe one day you will be able to comprehend that.

[/off topic rant]

And you are welcome Harry! I haven't seen you at the park in a while!

Were going good, but we better stop. Their Parent's might get mad at us, they will all be there Opening Day to pick their Kids up when it get's dark.

Parent's? Last time I checked my drivers license, I'm 22 and I don't have no parent picking me up or dropping me off.

So in reality, I would watch what you say, because you don't know everybody and their age. We are not all youngn's like you may think and I don't like being referenced to as a kid.

Thanks.

Yea...Mixed company....

[soapbox]

OK folks, there may be a few Great Adventure fan sites around, but they're all the same in their love and enthusiasm for the park. Each site has something special to offer that the others do not, and we must respect that. That having been said, if you have a problem with someone, notify a moderator; don't cut right to threats such as "I would watch what you say." We're all brethren in our passion for the park: fratricide is not the option!

[/soapbox]

And now, back to the topic... :)

Look, and this is for EVERYONE, KNOCK IT OFF. I won't tolerate slagging of other sites or members. I've said it before (see it above) and I'll say it again: we're all the same in our love for the park and we must see each other as branches of the same family...

Look, and this is for EVERYONE, I won't tolerate slagging of other sites or members. I've said it before (see it above) and I'll say it again: we're all the same in our love for the park and we must see each other as branches of the same family...

Thank you! Exactly how I put it! But when someone tries to slagger my site I just am not going to just sit there and listen to him, especially when he is trying to get us a bad image. Like I said this site is great, you guys all have done a amazing job covering the past with everything! You guys have a impressive old park employees demograph, so much content, and intelligent posters, but like I said when I see someone (especially at my own site), I just can not tolerate it anymore. Especially when we never did anything to spark it except having a enthusiastic forum community...

Thank you! Exactly how I put it! But when someone tries to slagger my site I just am not going to just sit there and listen to him, especially when he is trying to get us a bad image. Like I said this site is great, you guys all have done a amazing job covering the past with everything! You guys have a impressive old park employees demograph, so much content, and intelligent posters, but like I said when I see someone (especially at my own site), I just can not tolerate it anymore. Especially when we never did anything to spark it except having a enthusiastic forum community...

I understand, and that's why I made it clear that the statement was for EVERYONE. I rarely have to "moderate" here, nor do I enjoy having to.

PLAY NICE, PEOPLE!!!!

In other news...

Do you guys have any information about those trains? Do you know if they are new or just heavily modified?

I really don't think they are the same trains. I mean, I worked Medusa when I was with the park and those trains look really really REALLY different!

^I believe the guts of the trains are the same, but with exterior modifications. I could be very wrong, though, as I quite often am. Tom & Harry may be able to better inform us, however, as they may have seen the trains during one of the off-season "research" trips to the park...

I believe the trains are basically the same but rebuilt from the ground up. When we were there over the winter we saw the frames stripped down and I think they just put everything back together with new seat frames for the sound systems. As far as I know the "box" is for the sound system and the batteries to power it.

Hey look, the only reason I have been sort of "busting on" Online is because some of the Bizarro stuff floating around on your boards is just "out there" and the only thing I have really been doing is pointing it out. This is the only Site I will Post on and it's because of the Members and the Content. No other Site can touch this place when it comes to content, not even close. I don't have anything against anyone Personally over there or anything like that, and it is all in fun. It's funny though, cause' last Season all you guys guy's wanted over there is for me to start doing my "twice a week" PTR's over at your place. (That will be starting up again soon, I have been busy setting up my new House lately) And here's a Message that has been sitting in my inbox for over a year at my Online Profile over there. It is a reply from Christian after Josh sent me a message asking me to come over there to put up my pics. and I asked Christian if they had member galleries over there, cause I could not find any.

Josh wanted me to come over from GAHistory to post pics. Are their member Galleries over here?

Yes we do have member galleries! Nobody has used them yet except for me when I just tested it. What you do is click on "Photo Gallrey" and you'll see a bunch of options at the top. Click on "Register" and put in your information. When you Log in, go to "Create/order Albums" and make a new gallery, then you can upload from there! Thanks for coming over, you have some great shots on GA History and I'm happy you want to bring them over here!

I will never mention your place again, and if anyone has taken offense to anything I have said, i am sorry. I did not mean to "make enimies" or hurt anyone's feeling's.

Rich

^I don't get why your busting on them at all. They have a much larger forum which is most likely 10x harder to moderate then here. Of course if you have more members your going to have more people who write nonsense. They have some really good discussions going on there and have alot of cool features like there twitter page they update right from the park (which is pretty awsome btw). This site has the great history and spotlights so there both unique in there own way. I really don't understand why you would limit yourself to just this site but hey whatever floats your boat.

Edited by Chiller4life

OK, starting with this post we are ending this non-topic related discussion and getting focused back on Bizarro.

The thing to keep in mind is each GA fan site is unique - in focus, in style, and in size and scope. GAOnline, GA Outpost, and GA History all have their niche in the Great Adventure fan world and there is no reason why each can't coexist without butting heads. If any of the posts on this site offended anyone, we apologize. It is not our intention for us or any of our members to ruffle feathers.

Let's move on.

Harry, when you said that you never heard of Bizarro...you may not know, but a new superman movie is coming out in 2011. Maybe he will appear there.

just for the record, dont be surprised if most park employees call it Medusa. i know the callsigns on the radio are the same, plus im calling it medusa. Bizzaro is a dumb name and this retheme stink like the baboons. Medusa was my first coaster ever and it just needed new seats. they should have saved the money and got a new flying wave, which totally rocked my socks

just for the record, dont be surprised if most park employees call it Medusa. i know the callsigns on the radio are the same, plus im calling it medusa. Bizzaro is a dumb name and this retheme stink like the baboons. Medusa was my first coaster ever and it just needed new seats. they should have saved the money and got a new flying wave, which totally rocked my socks

That does not surprise me, Riptide (or any of it's other monikers) was commonly referred to as Hydro Flume during my time working at the park.