VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

A Great Adventure on a Bizarro ride

GAcoaster

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if anyone else here has been on X2, but I got to ride it for my first time last week. It was AWESOME... definitely a coaster in a league of its own. A huge part of the thrill was the audio, and the fire was pretty impressive too. The audio was especially cool since the sounds were in stereo around your head with lots of creepy panning effects, and the ride up the lift was extra scary since you're going backwards.

That said, we were trying to decide how those effects would translate to Medusa. We came to the conclusion that the effects probably won't be quite as impressive on Medusa since it's the same old familiar ride that we've all been on many times. You never know though. At the very least, it will probably be more fun/interesting to ride at night, especially if they use the same Jim Morrison "is everybody in?" audio during the boarding process. Either way, I'm really interested to see how it stacks up to the incredible effect on X2.

• 2 weeks later...

A bunch of the new scenery is now in place on Bizarro. From the lift of El Toro you can now see a series of those steel Superman style shields in place around the drop entering into the vertical loop, and inside the carousel turn there are new set pieces going in. You can actually see the set pieces from the Super Teepee area:

gallery_9_427017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am there!!! I am really getting psyched for this, even more than The Dark Knight last Season. One thing I did find out though is, if there are winds, stronger than 15mph. no flames on the Dive Loop. There is a Weather Station on the Propane Control, you can see it on my pic. of the Flame Pot.

gallery_208_401_151602.jpg

Edited by Railer