VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Opening Day 2010

bvfcfirefighter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in reality it's just around the corner. Spring Training starts in 10 days, and Baseball season begins when GA's season begins and ends when GA's season ends.

It's not unusual for us to have snow right through March, and some of the worst blizzards we've ever had were the first week of April. The only difference is the snow melts off much faster because the angle of the sun is higher.

im lovin the snow, my theroy is if we get alot of snow now, we will get little rain later, i hope im right !

We will probably get alot of rain this spring if the weather pattern doesn't change. Ever since last fall we have been pounded by nor'easters, that is the weather pattern we are stuck in. All the snow we have been getting is because of all the damn nor'easters and being cold enough for snow. Hopefully it will at least be warm enough for rain again by then.

Also when all this snow does melt away everything will be a muddy mess for months besides flooding concerns. Normal winters we only get 19 in of snow tops, we have over that on the ground right now so this is not a normal winter. With over 65 in of snow so far this has been one of the worst winters in history and it's not over yet. So it has not been a normal winter this year, here is what the Farmer's Almanac predicts.

FEBRUARY 2010: temperature 34° (1° above avg.); precipitation 3.5" (0.5" above avg.); Feb 1-5: Showers, warm; Feb 6-10: Rain to snow, then sunny, seasonable; Feb 11-14: Snow showers, then sunny, very cold; Feb 15-18: Snow, then rain, milder; Feb 19-24: Sunny; cold, then mild; Feb 25-28: Snow, then heavy rain, seasonable.

MARCH 2010: temperature 39° (2° below avg.); precipitation 2" (2" below avg.); Mar 1-6: Rain and snow showers, then sunny, cool; Mar 7-9: Rain and snow showers, cool; Mar 10-18: Rain and snow, unseasonably cold; Mar 19-21: Rain, then sunny, cool; Mar 22-25: Snow north, rain south, then sunny, cool; Mar 26-29: Rain and snow, then sunny, cool; Mar 30-31: Showers, cool.

Annual Weather Summary: November 2009 to October 2010

Winter will be colder than normal, on average, especially north of the Chesapeake Bay. The coldest periods will occur in early to mid- and late January and mid-February. While precipitation will be below normal, slightly above-normal snowfall will occur in many parts of the region. Watch for snow around Thanksgiving, with other snowy periods in mid-January and mid- and late February.

April and May will be warmer and drier than normal, with water reservoirs running low.

Summer will be cooler and drier than normal, with a drought possible despite heavy rain in early June from a tropical storm. The hottest periods will be in mid-June, mid-July, and early to mid-August. September and October will continue drier than normal, with near-normal temperatures.

Temperature and Precipitation November 2009 to October 2010

graph.us.2.png

Edited by The Master

April and May sound good, not so much with early June. Early and mid June is one of my favorite times to go to the park. Everything is open, and going during the week while school is in session always has very low crowds.

April and May sound good, not so much with early June. Early and mid June is one of my favorite times to go to the park. Everything is open, and going during the week while school is in session always has very low crowds.

That is my favorite time of the year too, at least Apr and May should be decent if the forecast holds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

One of my friends I'm (supposed) to be going to Great Adventure with 3 weeks (holy !@#$ thats not long seems like yesterday it was November) from tomorrow (March 30th) broke his knee last Saturday (February 27th) and he is getting surgery next Tuesday because he tore ligaments in his leg or something i don't know the full story (March 16th), Assuming his doctor and mother give the thumbs up for him to go which I'm really hoping for because I might not be able to find a third person to go and I don't want to be driving 2 hours away with just 1 other person, I might have to bring him in a wheel chair.

What rides will he/ will he not be allowed to ride if any?

Am I allowed to bring my own wheelchair without renting it at the park?

What is the policy about disabled people in wheelchairs? I think i remember people in wheel chairs get to skip to the front of the line? And how many guests are allowed to go with the disabled person if i remember correctly?

Thanks in advance!!

What a horrible forecast, I know it is early but Sunday, Monday and Tuesday look the wind will be a problem, I was planning on going Sunday of opening weekend, now it looks like either opening day or Wednesday for my first trip to the park. Otherwise I will have to wait until the week after that.

Edited by Yoshi