VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Opening Day 2010

bvfcfirefighter

What a horrible forecast, I know it is early but Sunday, Monday and Tuesday look the wind will be a problem, I was planning on going Sunday of opening weekend, now it looks like either opening day or Wednesday for my first trip to the park. Otherwise I will have to wait until the week after that.

it changes everyday so you gotta keep checking it

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

One of my friends I'm (supposed) to be going to Great Adventure with 3 weeks (holy !@#$ thats not long seems like yesterday it was November) from tomorrow (March 30th) broke his knee last Saturday (February 27th) and he is getting surgery next Tuesday because he tore ligaments in his leg or something i don't know the full story (March 16th), Assuming his doctor and mother give the thumbs up for him to go which I'm really hoping for because I might not be able to find a third person to go and I don't want to be driving 2 hours away with just 1 other person, I might have to bring him in a wheel chair.

What rides will he/ will he not be allowed to ride if any?

Am I allowed to bring my own wheelchair without renting it at the park?

What is the policy about disabled people in wheelchairs? I think i remember people in wheel chairs get to skip to the front of the line? And how many guests are allowed to go with the disabled person if i remember correctly?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm no expert, but you can check out the park's site for rules. They'll tell you everything. http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/index.aspx

Anyone who works at Great Adventure be sure to be on the lookout on March 30th for me (I'll be wearing a Red or Blue shirt with a Maltese Cross with a "1" in the middle with "BVFC" written on the back...that is if it's mad nice out and I don't have to wear a sweatshirt which I'm hoping for if the forecast stays warm with temps in the high 50s to low 60s that would be mad nice or even mid to high 60s would be better

Honestly, wait until later in the day to process your pass. The line is always HUGE in the morning because everyone goes right in to process, but later in the day the line goes down a lot.

Also, Pass Processing has moved this year to the old Alcatraz building. The old location is closed for renovations.

I always take the NJ Transit. It runs everyday that the park is open to the public. The schedule isn't posted yet for the season on their web site but keep checking. Look for the bus number 308.

I'm going to be ordering my season pass sometime tomorrow (I always wait til the last minute) It says I can use print-n-go thing...Just clarifying if I use that I print out whatever it tells me to print out when I get my pass processed they will give me an actual card or the actual pass that I will use after I go march 30th??? That's what I'm understanding it as just making sure that's what happens

Thanks for the help!

It is a shame they didn't open this weekend, with the great weather they would have had a good turnout. As of now there are mixed forecasts for next weekend which is usually the case with forecasts that far ahead.

Tell me about it! When I look at the picture, I always seem to be amazed at how cool it looks toward the end of the season. When I go opening day, there will barely be any blossums and leaves on the trees yet... but not for long :)

gallery_760_504_73271.jpg

Edited by ThemeParkRider

Opening weekend looks like to be a mixed bag, while dry alot of stuff will probably still be damp from the rain on Friday and Sat is only going to be in the 40s so there probably won't be much of a turn out and the park may close early. Sunday looks better with temps in the mid 50s but early next week is going to be cool and rainy. Later next week it will dry off and the temps should warm up to near 70. Too bad GAdv decided to open up on the chilly weekend sandwiched between two warm weekends.