VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2010

Chiller

The park is starting to release information about this years Fright Fest.

With Halloween just around the corner, Six Flags Great Adventure will raise the dead to celebrate "The Northeast's Largest Halloween Party" with its 19th annual Fright Fest Presented by SNICKERS®. In addition to the world-class line-up of thrill rides, the theme park will transform into a 140-acre "scream park" with additional themed shows and attractions.

Amid thousands of mums, cornstalks, hay bales, cobwebs and oversized spiders, you can roam the haunted midways and encounter "Thrills by Day, Chills by Night" entertainment. The month-long celebration will run Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays Oct. 2 through Oct. 31, plus Columbus Day Oct. 11, Saturday, Nov. 6 and Sunday, Nov. 7.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Like Halloween Horror Nights,they started re-union auditions for re-hires a week and a half ago.I HOPE we get a Fright Fest that eventually turns into at least Cedar Fail quality stuff,HHN quaility would be nice,BUT no one will ever be able to touch what Universal does with HHN year after year (the reason I go every year) with the back story to the theme and icons they create a year or two in advance and have their own Art ad Design department for holiday events (Mardi Gras,Grinchmas,HHN)

Hopefully Al Weber see's the potential for making even more money when running a GOOD Halloween event,you have to spend money to make money...Oh and stop upcharging the trails since they are the worst excuses for mazes in the business... biggrin.gif

Well that's my rant cool.gif If you couldn't tell,I take Halloween events seriously,I LOVE them

In recent years Dorney's The Haunt has put GADV'S FF to shame. FF has not had the hayride into the unknown for a few years or Bad Bob and now Elvira is gone. Those up charge terror trails were poor when I did them two years ago. I don't know how good FF is going to be this year with so little stuff now. :huh:

Edited by The Master

I know, I remember last year hearing early discussions about Fright Fest thinking how far away it was and before I knew it, it was October and then the offseason. I am looking forward to Friday nights since I usually get a ton of rides in on those days.

Edited by Yoshi

All I can say is I hope SFGAdv Fright Fest is better then SFNE's. Though I'm confused for the term "Northeast's Largest Halloween Party". How many Haunted houses are there, fright zones, shows?

Last year there were 2 walkthroughs, 2 or 3 scare zone,some like Frontier Adventures' Bone Butcher Terrirtory only had around 3 actors, and a lot of shows.

Maybe they mean largest in area and not amount of attractions, since Haunt at Dorney had way more. 3 indoor walkthroughs, 3 or 4 scare zones, at least 4 outdoor walkthroughs and a handful of shows.

Edited by Yoshi

I remember it always had a very long line last year. I only got to ride it once, the first Friday night of Frightfest last year when it was only around 15 minutes.

Last year there were 2 walkthroughs, 2 or 3 scare zone,some like Frontier Adventures' Bone Butcher Terrirtory only had around 3 actors, and a lot of shows.

Maybe they mean largest in area and not amount of attractions, since Haunt at Dorney had way more. 3 indoor walkthroughs, 3 or 4 scare zones, at least 4 outdoor walkthroughs and a handful of shows.

Perhaps. that doesn't sound like the largest. you mentioned Dorney which I have heard great things about. Canobie Lake Park's Screeemfest is 3 haunts(included in admission) one of which takes up the entire back section of the park. no haunt zones bu the park is themed and there are scare actors walking around the entire park. LC has 2 haunts included with admission along with the parks decked out for the haunt. There is then the Haunted graveyard which is 6 haunts and outdoor haunts to connect them. Nightmare New England is a stand along Haunted attraction with 7 Large Haunted houses and a Monster Midway.

How big is Madison Scare Gardens? Sounds like they should step up their game get back that crown they still want to boast.

It's the largest in terms of attendance and size of the park. We have more guests come to GA for Firght Fest than to Dorney or any other park in the north east. Also, the entire park is decorated and part of the Halloween celebration. That's hundreds of acres of Halloween party wether there are formal scare zones or not.

But the park is not decorated as well as it used to be and every year there are fewer decorations. Sadly Dorney is more well decorated than GADV besides having more scare zones and houses.

Mrceagle, I don't know about NY (never go up there much) but in Philly which is closer to GADV there is Eastern State Pen. It is an old historic prison that they turn into a giant haunted house every Oct, they call it "Terror Behind the Walls".

Edited by The Master

I figured that might be how they were looking at it. thanks for the info.

it dose seem like the event has been getting cut back but I have heard about that at SFNE as well. TGE hasn't expanded but is not charging for the one Haunted house that was free for years. but at least you guys got Dead Mans Party. I really miss that show.

According to the SFGA web site, it now looks like Fright Fest won't start until October 8th. :(

Begining October 8, Six Flags will unearth frightful fun for the entire family during our most popular festival of the year. Join us for Thrills by Day and Chills by Night! Before 6 p.m. enjoy Halloween-themed shows for kids, but after 6 p.m. when the sun begins to set, the ghouls come out to haunt the midways. Evening hours feature bone-chilling walkthrough attractions, eerie shows and teeth-chattering thrill rides.

I didn't even think about that, it could end up like Hurricane Harbor starting daily operations a week later at the last minute and someone said people showed up thinking the park was open. I guess it also doesn't help that Haunt at Dorney starts September 24th, giving them a 2 week head start.