VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Green Lantern

GAcoaster

I am still trying to figure out why the last Corkscrew will be yellow. The tunnels are before and after that element, maybe we will be going thru some sort of "zone" or something. What effect's do you think will be in the tunnels? Fog, Strobes, and some audio maybe? Some LED's like the "Bizarro" shield's would be really cool in a tunnel. And like "Bizarro" it will probably be better at night.

Remember, it's Green Lantern with 'Stand Up to Your Fear' as it's tagline. Comic book fans know that Parallax stand's for fear and that the Green Lantern Corps. tries to fight against it. In the movie Parallax is the main villain. With the last inversion being yellow, and the special effects being centered around that inversion, I foresee some cool things with this coaster. ;)

Remember, it's Green Lantern with 'Stand Up to Your Fear' as it's tagline. Comic book fans know that Parallax stand's for fear and that the Green Lantern Corps. tries to fight against it. In the movie Parallax is the main villain. With the last inversion being yellow, and the special effects being centered around that inversion, I foresee some cool things with this coaster. ;)

That's an interesting factoid, but I'd have to say that concept/connection is definitely going to be lost on probably 98% of the general public. Still, the effects sound pretty neat... I'm certainly getting curious.

From our friends at Six Flags Great Adventure:

Six Flags Great Adventure topped off the lift hill of Green Lantern, the new stand-up looping coaster set to debut late Spring, which coincides with the release of the new Green Lantern film starring Ryan Reynolds. The lift hill stands 154 feet tall. Green Lantern will rank among the tallest and fastest coaster of its kind anywhere in the world. Photo taken – Jan. 24, 2011 by Six Flags Great Adventure.

gallery_2_43_527016.jpg

gallery_2_43_338652.jpg