VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

ADVENTURE ALLEY - New for 2012!

GAcoaster

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not really complaining. its simply stating the facts. A long long time ago. After the dust settled. Many many promises were made by Six Flags about the future of the park. it was to the Crown Jewel of the corperation. Did they do it? No not really. They promised to expanded and build it. they did in the beginning ..the new Main Street, The Americanna Music Hall, The Old Country, River ADventures, All great additions. Then something happened. They allowed them selves to turn it into Ceder Fair East...More steel, the all of Pittsburg, Themeing went out the window. Shows closed, And the Park became a shell of its Past...Destroyed the forrest...All in the name of expansion. Lets face the fact theres almost 2000 acres of land. Was it really nesscary to crame it all in 450? They could have taken and added areas each themed to a concept. Example...Sky Scream, Baloon Flight, Parachutes Purch, And yes even a new Hot Air Balloon ...themed like the orignal, And placed it on the Nitro Area..behind big wheel... And call it Air Adventure..But instead we jam it all into the same spaces... Plan lack luster..Stock Rides came into the picture..yes the flats in the park were standard AMusments in the early years. But given that great adventure twist..More lights added...More Gingerbread work added, Painted to colors of the areas...And above all they were dazzling to see ar night. :hot_air_balloon:

Edited by FlumeOp1974

Exactly. You do not need to ride Sky Screamer to see how cheap and tacky it is. It just adds to the "tacky carnival" atmosphere Six Flags has made the park over the years. You pull into the parking lot and it looks like a giant parking lot carnival, tacky and cheap. All the colors clash with each other, there's no coherent theming, and the forrest has been destroyed and turned ito a parking lot with rides.

Simple things can be done at no extra cost, like giving the rides names and colors that make sense. You have to name them and paint them anyway, it doesn't cost more to do it with some class, instead of random names and colors that clash.

I think it would have been a much better idea to put in a new Flying Wave than that hideous eyesore they replaced it with. If it was a great ride it might be worth it, but it's not. Flying wave is much better because of the "wave" movement, instead of just the flat circular movement of Sky Screamer. The fact that it goes up in the air does not change the ride, it's the same movent at the top that it is at the bottom, boring. And the whole thing is an ugly eyesore, as apposed to the fanciful look of Flying Wave that wasn't a giant metal tower overpowering everything around it.

They continue to destroy the atmosphere in an attempt to make the park more "exciting", which only makes it ugly and unpleasant and a turn-off to most people. You can have exciting thrill rides without making the whole park unpleasant and tacky.

i dont think its tacky in any way, the surveys went out with suggestions and the majority chose this ride, and even got it made bigger, just because of paint you think its tacky? thats a pretty shallow statement, sure the park isnt themed, because its NOT a theme park, its an AMUSEMENT park. besides you dont have to ride, go on something else. i have seen the ride and think it looks good

...just because of paint you think its tacky? thats a pretty shallow statement... besides you dont have to ride, go on something else.

Seriously, I hate it when people complain about something before they've even seen it in person. How the hell do you theme a 242 ft. tower anyways.

EVERY person here is entitled to their opinion and, as such, deserves to be treated with respect. Consider this a warning to you all.

...because its NOT a theme park, its an AMUSEMENT park.

Wrong: they consider themselves to be the world's largest seasonal THEME park, as it has themed areas - Plaza Del Carnaval, Frontier Adventures, Golden Kingdom, Lakefront, Movietown...

I dont have a problem with how it looks. I just hope it has good capacity. I am glad we are getting something. They do what they have to do to give us new thrilling attractions each year and Im happy for it. I just dont like the fact that it is beside the Big Wheel.

I like the fact that we are getting this ride in this area of the park. However, the colors of the ride doesn't make sense in that area of the park. It looks ridiculously out of place. Also, the globe on the top is ridiculously obnoxious. Even more so than dare I say, the Jumbo Tron

^ :clap:

Seriously, I hate it when people complain about something before they've even seen it in person. How the hell do you theme a 242 ft. tower anyways.

Take a look at Mach Tower at Busch Williamsburg, google it. It's heavily themed to match the surrounding atmosphere. The tower itself is blue, to blend with the sky, while the loading area and ride itself is german themed to match the area of the park. The name also fits that theme. The same with the new coaster, Verbolten. It is themed to the German Autoban, not a random superhero. It fits the theme of the park and most of it is hidden in the woods, making it exciting to ride and not overpowering the atmosphere of the park. A large portion is in a building and that building is behind trees and dug into a ditch to hide as much of it as possible. World class parks know how to add rides without destroying the atmosphere, actually adding to the theming and making the ride more exciting. Six Flags seems to go out of their way to destroy the atmosphere when they add a ride.

It's not JUST the paint that makes Sky Screamer tacky. The structure itself is a cheap, carnival pole, not like the parachute tower or Mach Tower. And wether or not you ride it, you are forced to look at it. The rediculous ball on the top with "Six Flags" on it makes it even worse. Again, it is not necessary to see it in person or to ride it in order to see how awful it looks.

The ride looks awesome, however I agree with everyone else about how it looks out of place, however I'm sure they still have a lot of work to do and planned for Adventure Alley. I can't wait to see the final outcome of the area.

I rode one of these in Orlando and they are a great ride. However I just don't care for SF's paint scheme for their's. The Orlando one is painted white and it looks alot nicer. I think what SF should have done was to paint the Skysceamer the same color as the Big Wheel and either add led light strips inside the tower or use color changing floodlights.

It's not JUST the paint that makes Sky Screamer tacky. The structure itself is a cheap, carnival pole, not like the parachute tower or Mach Tower. And wether or not you ride it, you are forced to look at it. The rediculous ball on the top with "Six Flags" on it makes it even worse. Again, it is not necessary to see it in person or to ride it in order to see how awful it looks.

In my opinion, and after having seen the ride firsthand, I disagree that the ride looks tacky. It is bright, cheerful, and colorful looking like a rainbow spectrum in the sky. While the ride does look less significant than the Windseeker style ride, I think the later would have looked too industrial for that area and standout like a giant pylon. The airy feel of the ride matches the lattice-style structure of the Big Wheel and the neighboring Granny's.

The original Strawberry Fair was designed with carnival style ride (some of which even operated on their trailers for many years) - Warner described them as over-sized windup toys. Yes, they are flashy and simple, but the entire area is meant to be lighthearted and eye catching and the SkyScreamer (globe and all) fits that bill.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the bumper cars will be flashy off-the-shelf model or a more refined/permanent version like Autobahn. I sort of like all the lights of this fanciful looking model by Bertazzon.

3bbldg1.jpg

I can confirm that the new bumper cars will be supplied by Bertazzon although I am not yet sure of the exact style.

any word on when the bumper cars will be arriving or when construction on the ground can start?!?!?

Queue line work will probably start in about a week once the workers are done installing the fencing and queues for SkyScreamer. Very little site work will be needed for installation of the ride as the concrete pad from Evolution is perfect for assembling the ride. I would imagine we should see some action in less than a month.