VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Coasters/Designers You'd Like to See in the Future.

MarioSonic94

I agree a suspended coaster would be cool. They look like they are really fun rides and it's too bad that Great Adventure didn't get XLR-8 from Astroworld that was being considered.

Vekoma makes basically the same ride as the Arrow suspended coasters so they could just go to them

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8260

B&M and Intamin are awesome, but here's three companies (and one coaster from each company) that weren't listed......

Gerstlaur EuroFighter

SFOG-5-29-2011-DareDevilDive-12.jpg

Zierer Family Launching Coaster

120521-verbolten.photoblog500.jpg

RMC Hybrid Coaster

Silver%2BDollar%2BCity%2BOutlaw%2BRun%2Bd%25C3%25A9voile%2Bson%2Bparcours%2Bcomplet%2B2.jpg

Edited by MarioSonic94

There's no reason why another coaster company can't produce a ride with a similar design as the swinging suspended cars.

Your right that would be pretty cool, box track with swinging cars! I bet B&M or Intimin would make a much better model than arrows! ....no affence arow fans. Ive actually ridden a suspended coaster, Iron Dragon at cedar point, it was awesome!!:bananarock:

Edited by Coasterharrison'98

B&M and Intamin are awesome, but here's three companies (and one coaster from each company) that weren't listed......

Gerstlaur EuroFighter

SFOG-5-29-2011-DareDevilDive-12.jpg

Zierer Family Launching Coaster

120521-verbolten.photoblog500.jpg

RMC Hybrid Coaster

Silver%2BDollar%2BCity%2BOutlaw%2BRun%2Bd%25C3%25A9voile%2Bson%2Bparcours%2Bcomplet%2B2.jpg

I've ridden the Dare devil dive and trust me on this one it isnt all that its turned out to be, no affence Gurstreular fans..... I dont think I spelled that right X) Its a shame the big bad wolf could not be saved... one of the last of a dying breed...

Edited by Coasterharrison'98

I agree a suspended coaster would be cool. They look like they are really fun rides and it's too bad that Great Adventure didn't get XLR-8 from Astroworld that was being considered.

Vekoma makes basically the same ride as the Arrow suspended coasters so they could just go to them

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8260

Really? we were gonna get XLR8... maby that would have replaced Viper instead of El toro :Z001_unsure: man why didnt they save it this is just like the big bad wolf! By the way good idea about going to Vekoma I didnt know thy made that type of train!

We were supposed to get it in the early 90's, before Viper was built.

They should have saved XLR-8 (along with Viper from Astroworld) but I guess they thought the rides were too old to be relocated and wouldn't be that popular.

Despite the maintance nightmare that chiller was, I'd love to see a new carefully electrical engineered premier replace it. It would definately ice the cake! It sounds like a far fetched dream but how nice would it be for movietown to have that roar! Imagine launching out of Batmans station going into inverted top hat then loop with a diving loop into robins old station stop launch backwards into dive loop then through robins old launch path OVER inverted top hat, hill over loop and brakes (full throttle style and trains) more reliable lims !=D!!! Okay I'm sorry I know I went off topic and ranted but I mean come on!! Chillers revenge? But Intamin would be great too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yoshi, for astroworld they spent all the money they had getting serial thriller out of their but sadly I belive that all the other rides would have cost to much to save because they were to old... At least some of the rides like the drop tower and swat were saved Batman the escape is still in storage but no longer owned by six flags though I'm afraid it's going to be scraped.... over all six flags made a bad move in getting rid of astroworld it hurt a whole lot of people in Houston and hurt six flags's rep big time!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is just my daydreaming power and this roller coaster doesn't exist, but I hope it does in the future. It is an inverted and sitting on the top ride, running as one train. I'm not sure how the supports or poles and beams would work in the structure, but the idea seemed really cool to me as my mind floated around one day. I really want a new type of coaster. That always sparks people's interests more.

what I want In order:

1. Intamin giga (I-305 or Skyrush style preffered, but MF or Bizarro style is OK)

2. Intamin Blitz

4. Launched wingrider

3. GateKeeper Style wingrider

4. RMC Custom Creation

5. New trains for green lantern

6. Repaint nitro

What I think will come (in no particular order, IF they get a coaster):

1. X-Flight clone with different theming

2. RMC Custom creation

3. Premier launched coaster of some kind

4. 4D Free-Spin coaster (similar to Batman:The ride @ SFFT)

5. Moderately intense wooden coaster less crazy than El Toro

• Like 1

In no order..

1. RMC coaster that travels into the woods, named Jersey Devil

2. Intamin Impulse or Blitz inside Chiller Station, Mr. Freeze or the Flash

3. All new Neon Batman theming elements in TDKC, retheme it Gotham City Gauntlet

4. Floorless train for Green Lantern with on board audio.

5. Bizarro Backwards, ORRAZIB

6. Eventual Giga Coaster that travels back trough the Safari/Old Monkey Area, the Jersey Giant

7. Remove Superman, Add a wing rider, Man of Steel Coaster

8. Remove Skull Mountain, Rebuild something similar to laff trakk w indoor theming, Legend (or Curse) of Skull Mountain

9. Que line themed elements for Batman: the Ride.

oh and obviously 10. some sort of Verboltenish Zierer Launched coaster. If no RMC then named, Jersey Devil. "themed event" could be coming face to face w the creature :D

Edited by Andrew M

^Replacing Superman: Ultimate Wait with wingrider is actually a great idea. First of all, even though the lines are always long, it's only because it's at the front of the park. It's not even that forceful at all. I could engage in a perfectly normal conversation throughout the entire ride, except maybe the pretzel loop, as it is the only exiting part of the whole ride.

Plus, a wingrider at the front of the park would give the guests something new and beautiful to look at, and since it's so close to the entrance, they could even go GateKeeper style and incorporate it into the entrance. That's just one way to get 2 things done with one ride: A people bringer, and a beautiful entrance.

I completely agree with you about green lantern. Since Im rather tall, my heartline is higher than average and as a result I get head-boxed enough to think Im fighting Muhammad Ali :rolllaf: Sitdown trains or floorless would be much better and more comfortable, and IMAGINE the first drop in one of those. But they already have a floorless so...

Bizarro backwards is a great idea, it would be more unique to us than all of the other parks with batman, plus the effects would be a nice touch. Problem is, I don't think they have a backwards chassis for it.

As for batman, If all they did was turn on the A.C in there I would be happy

RMC coaster would have to be low to the ground and/or with overbanks to differentiate itself from El Toro

Intamin Blitz would be amazing, and the first of it's kind on the east coast! That's marketable right?

Intamin giga would be freakin' amazing. Nuff said.

Superman's spot isn't big enough for a wingrider. However, they could use some of Chiller's spot just across the front gate. Still, I would like to keep Superman because all the people waiting there take pressure off the other rides and the Wingrider go entirely in Chiller's spot.

Supermans line is way to ridiculous on a constant basis for a ride that only delivers an intense pretzel loop. They could easily take away some of the premium parking (lets be real there's always a lot of empty parking spots) to build a coaster worth the wait. I'd rather wait over an hour for a thrilling winged rider than a flying coaster that is common to every SF park

I wouldn't say it's "common to every Six Flags park", they only have three of them, and 99% of guests have no idea that the same ride is in those other parks (most probably don't even know the parks exist). While jaded coaster and park "enthusiasts" bash SUF, most of the GP thinks it's a great ride which is why it still gets lines while Medusa/Bizarro (which is a better coaster in most people's eyes) does not. And, SUF is still one of only a handful of flying coasters in the U.S. and only about a dozen in the world.

^Yeah, but it's a clone! :lol2:

I wish they had just been a little imaginative and built a custom layout like nitro. If it had better pacing and elements, I would be all for keeping it.

Also, in B&M terms, this ride is ridiculously unreliable. In normal terms its just unreliable, but not for a B&M

And Kingda Ka, while making it a must visit park cost them a lot of money after it was built. It seems they have just recently learned how to run that monster. Also, they never even run both sides of the station and not even the unloading side of the right station. If they did, with Zumanjaro eating up time the lines would move much faster

I asked an employee and they said KK was designed to typically get 60 launches an hour before Zumanjaro was built, but it usually got 50-55. Now with Zumanjaro they only get around 35. It seriously puts a damper on lines

EDIT: ^Wasn't Nitro (also a custom B&M) a huge reason Six Flags got into all that financial trouble?

Edited by KK456

Six Flags financial trouble all came from the 1990's when Premier purchased SF at an overly inflated price, poured too much money into "flagging" small parks and then the dot com bubble burst and the economy went bad. Add to that the continued recession and 9/11 and it all added up to billions in debt. The additions they made at GA were all trying to improve that situation by getting more bodies through the door at the park, which is the cash cow of the company.