VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 21- Upgrade Congo Rapids

Our wish for day #21:

gallery_2_864_294328.jpg

Repair and maintain Rapids and even add something new to it (geysers, etc.).

With only two water rides left in the park, it would be a big improvement to get everything working on Rapids again (waterfalls, etc), and maybe even plus the ride. After more than 30 seasons it needs something new as well as TLC.

I would remove all the poison ivy on the banks and exit staircase. Also I would plant Needle Palms, Windmill Palms, and cold hardy fiber Banana trees along Congo Rapids. Cold hardy bamboo would also work as well.

Edited by The Master

I think they should reopen the walkway which they use to have down to Koala Canyon. By opening up the area between that walkway and the rapids ride they could make the entire side of the ride available to spectators. As it is situated now, you only can view the ride if you are a rider.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If they turn back the falls on the Rapids it would be like getting a new water ride experience that the park has been needing since removing Water Effect. This is exciting to hear! With them putting so much investment into fixing the ride up, I'm hoping that they plan to keep this ride for many years to come. With all effects working this really is a fun ride!

• 1 month later...

I've got an idea for Congo River Rapids!They slightly alter the name and theme to "Movietown Rapids" and the ride divided into sections.The load station is the first section where the riders are told they are "stuntpeople" for some new adventure movie and they need "one last shot".The rest of the rapids ride is broken up somewhat into different segemnts(depending on how elaborate they are willing to get):various props set up around&over the flume can have the ride start off as a "Jurassic River" with fake dinosaurs on the riverbanks&Pteradactyls overhead,and end up as "Wild West River" with Grizzly bears and Desperados nearby.