VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Houdini's Great Escape

CycloneMan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people want this ride to reopen so with any luck we could possibly be riding it again soon this season. ;)

I sure hope so. Houdini's Great Escape rocks!

Edited by The Master

Some bad news, over on Screamscape they are saying Houdini probably won't be open this season due to budget cuts. If this is true I don't expect Houdini will be around much longer.

• 2 weeks later...
I never even heard of the Houdini ride until I found this forum. What exactly is it? Not another "Star Tours" type simulator I hope.

it alot of fun it makes it seem like the room is spinning its pretty cool im sad its closed <_<

Edited by coasterloverx13

well if the sign is gone you can kiss this one good-bye.In all the years if the sign is gone the ride is sure to be gone. with the entire old country area being closed i think GA is up to something big. however i have thought this before and was wrong. but im thinking with new park management the future is going to bring us something good.rumors say they have something planned every yar till 2010. i just hope its all g.ood

• 3 weeks later...

That is pretty rough, and kinda sad to see such an enjoyable ride relegated to autograph signings, although it does make sense for the park to put things like that in there since it stops lines from forming right in the middle of walkways. How I do miss this ride, especially on days like this past weekend where it could offer a nice indoor attraction out from the rain and cold!

I was really excited when I went to GA yesterday because I saw a line for Houdini. Turns out it wasn't for the ride... A few Giants players had come to GA and were in there, and people were waiting to meet them.

Which players were there?

Luis L.

What interactive haunted house like Disney's? I am not aware of Disney having something like that. Haunted Mansion is haunted but it's a dark ride not interactive, so is Tower of Terror.

• 1 month later...
the other day i was walking past the ride, and i asked one of the supervisors and she said "We are changing the interior".

Hmmm very interesting Mr. Bond :)... Seriously though it is intriguing for that answer. Could mean a new ride coming in the Houdini Shell, or it could mean a refurbished Houdini ride with a completely fixed and renovated pre-show area!. This makes me smile :)

I was at the park today and I took a look at Houdini's. There is now a pallet of bricks behind the main gate for Houdini and sections of the fence has been removed and there is a narrow trench dug where the missing fence sections were.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...