VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2014

gafreak

It wasn't really that good today, there was only a few people on each trail. Wasteland was probably the best, I went on asylum late and I only counted 7 people there to scare you and there were only 3 people on total darkness

It'll definitely improve as time goes on. I even think the park tweeted that they are looking for more scareactors and auditions will be Wednesday. I hope they improve the clown makeup

/ costumes.

I went yesterday and I noticed a decent increase in scare zone ghouls. However what I also noticed is that decorations are lacking in areas that aren't scare zones, and I get it they aren't scare zones but still the park should be totally decorated. Also total darkness is scary in it's own right so even though I only counted 4 actors, I still was scared to death. I also went on the manor which has definetely improved, and the $35 front of the line scare pass is an amazing deal *which i got* and the offer ends today for whoever wants it. Crowd control however is horrific, considering all scare zones range from the fountain and left side of the park(which is also where all the better roller coasters are) everyone swings that way and the park traffic was awful, you couldn't walk anywhere on that side of the park. When Six Flags finally decides to add an attraction in the movietown area like they should I'm hoping they create a "haunted backlot" scare zone which I think would be awesome.

I went yesterday and I noticed a decent increase in scare zone ghouls. However what I also noticed is that decorations are lacking in areas that aren't scare zones, and I get it they aren't scare zones but still the park should be totally decorated. Also total darkness is scary in it's own right so even though I only counted 4 actors, I still was scared to death. I also went on the manor which has definetely improved, and the $35 front of the line scare pass is an amazing deal *which i got* and the offer ends today for whoever wants it. Crowd control however is horrific, considering all scare zones range from the fountain and left side of the park(which is also where all the better roller coasters are) everyone swings that way and the park traffic was awful, you couldn't walk anywhere on that side of the park. When Six Flags finally decides to add an attraction in the movietown area like they should I'm hoping they create a "haunted backlot" scare zone which I think would be awesome.

A scarezone around the Nitro/Wasteland/Skull Mountain area would be amazing. I went through Wasteland last night and it was fantastic. Great length, decent amount of actors, and the theming is awesome. 5 stars.

$35 pass ends today but you have to trade in your "FREE" ticket. So don't forget to get that if you want the pass.

Hopefully they limit the number of these they sell (event at $40) or I fear it won't be any benefit.

No single trail tickets this year.

I also saw Parallax in the Junk Yard while on Nitro.

-Ken

Neatly placed or trashed?

Unlike last year, missed you yesterday at Total Darkness Ken!

Lets say you could see Parallax was made out of foam...it did look like it could be saved (depending on how long they leave it out there).

At first I thought it was something from FrightFest.

Maybe next Saturday for Total darkness (I knew yesterday was going to be a crowded mess)...this time of year I usually only attempt Friday night visits.

This is the problem all parks that include their night time Halloween events with admission have. Parents are dumb and keep their (little) kids in the park no matter how many warnings they get it will be scary after a certain time. That leads to making the Halloween event more tame overall, which then upsets the people who come their for a good, scary event. They're the same idiots who take the kids to R rated movies. Irresponsible parents, who then can't figure out why the kids can't sleep because they have nightmares.

Hell, even at the upcharge Halloween events I've been to (HHN, Howl-O-Scream (BGT), and Knott's Scary Farm) I've seen parents bring pre-teen children who they had to pay full price to get in.

It just makes me angry when I've been at GA or at BGW for the Halloween events after 6:00 when parents are specifically told it's not appropriate for children. You have those moments of either terrified children who parents are pushing towards ghouls because they think it's funny to see them afraid or the other extreme is treating them like park mascots and having the kids stand with the ghoul and pose for pictures. The ghouls are supposed to SCARE people, not just stand and pose like Mickey Mouse. If the the ghouls scare your kids too much, that's the point, and you have no right to complain to the park that they got scared when you were warned, but being "family" parks, the park ends up having problems and complaints.

Scary Halloween events should be adult events, and just like with movies the parks should be able to say "no one under a certain age", but they can't. Even when you have events where it is specifically "adult" there are still people who have problems with it. Every year the Bill & Ted shows at Universal have people get upset with the content (which is VERY adult) even with all the warnings including the MC of the show at the beginning explicitly telling the audience what to expect in explicit terms and language.