VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

^^ My PTR from May that is titled "Speculation now moves to the Lakefront" I originally wrote as "Confirmed : Aqua Stadium and Grandstand being removed". I had confirmation back then they were going, and my PTR's title was changed.

Once again, I'd like to remind everyone that until something is actually built, nothing is "confirmed". I was there when they tore down the park's greenhouses to build the Cyclone. ANYTHING can happen between now and the actual construction. Remember when they announced the Dark Knight Coaster for SFNE (which was canceled), or their first announcement they were building the Sky Screamer (which was postponed) all because their planning boards didn't approve them? Remember Great Adventure's announcements last year about Looping Dragon (and its location) and the Fright Fest attractions (which from what I've heard have been changed several times and haven't even started construction yet)? There is a L-O-N-G history of Six Flags things being planned and even announced and then being cancelled, postponed or changed.

^Or Dorney never getting the Windseeker. I forgot why though. I wish they got one, it would be nice to be able to try one of those close by, though I'm trying the one at KD next week

Probably because of the problems they had with them at the other Cedar Fair parks that had already installed them. I'm glad Six Flags went with the Star Flyers instead.

He just asked, so i told. I knew 100% the Lakefront was coming down back in May, and that's all i "confirmed", i said nothing of what as coming then, i just knew what was on it's way out.

And Six Flag's did make a really good move going with the "Star Flyer's", those rides have been a nightmare for Cedar Fair Park's. "Star Flyer's" seem to be a much simplier design, not as many thing's that can go wrong or break. And i think the "freedom" of swinging on chain's compared to an "arm" is way more fun, and more of an evolution of a traditional Swing Ride.

Edited by Railer

Harry--out of total curiosity, are you aware of any of Great Adventure's 2016 plans? Has the type of attraction been determined yet? Not asking for any hints or details, strictly whether they have informed you (as you say they have some previous years in history).

I wonder if the swings are still in storage? I thought they were gonna refurbish them? Traditional swings are always a favorite.

The Flying Wave is not in the boneyard or in storage. The ride was struggling the last few seasons with a lot of downtime and is probably tucked away in some landfill right now.

Harry--out of total curiosity, are you aware of any of Great Adventure's 2016 plans? Has the type of attraction been determined yet? Not asking for any hints or details, strictly whether they have informed you (as you say they have some previous years in history).

;) and yes, the type of attraction has been determined.

Harry is a pro with keeping thing's quiet, has been for year's. Sometimes if you go back on his PTR's from previous year's, he has given "clues" though. Never with word's, just with "un-captioned" shot's.

Edited by Railer

Harry is a pro with keeping thing's quiet, has been for year's. Sometimes if you go back on his PTR's from previous year's, he has given "clues" though. Never with word's, just with "un-captioned" shot's.

From his latest PTR: http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/GATripReports/2015/2015_07_13/2015_07_13_IMG_2047%20copy.jpg

I see a mountain of rocks that starts from the ground and goes up. OMGZ 2016 Ground up RMC officially confirmed!!

Edited by Coasterdude28

Must be really hard to keep that a secret. I know if I knew what it was I would be wishing I could tell someone.

Sometimes it's nice to know something when others don't. It's like a little game that only you know about and always a voice in the back of your head laughing,especially if they're wrong, because you know something they don't.

I think because Harry can be trusted the park is more inclined to work with him. I don't think that trust will be ever be broken and we are the beneficiaries of the advantage that trust brings.

A ground up RMC would be amazing they could make it duel and call it Thunders Revenge or Rolling Thunders Legacy something like that or I personally think we should have got a premier launched coaster this year we need a launch that isn't as intense as Ka

Thunder's Revenge...I like this idea, although I have my doubts the park would do it. But I doubted that they would keep that section of Thunder, so anything's possible...

Also, a bit late on the Star Flyer/Windseeker discussion, but when I went to Cedar Point a few years ago, as I was leaving one day, Windseeker was stalled, with people on it, and debris was falling everywhere. To this day, I don't trust the model.

Edited by GASM