VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Lots of people. People still do. One of the most-asked questions for Green Lantern entrance workers is still "does this ride go all the way up there?" (pointing to Kingda Ka)

Yep. I brought a friend to the park once and he asked if GL and Ka were one ride. When I told him no, he responded that the park "should connect them."

I do think it will be bright color's for the reflection on the Water, and an orange mixed in with red & yellow would not be that bad. I'm trying to picture what color's would look good with the backdrop it will have on the Lake. "Twisted Colussus'" blue and green would look good on the Water.

I agree. A bright electric blue color I would love to see in that area.

At first I hated the thought of us getting a Free Spin, but now I'm actually very excited for it. I think it'll look great along the lake and it will be a new experience that our park does not yet have. I really hope we get the 10 inversion, 220ft model, but I'm happy regardless of the size. (still crossing my fingers for the 220ft one though)

At first I hated the thought of us getting a Free Spin, but now I'm actually very excited for it. I think it'll look great along the lake and it will be a new experience that our park does not yet have. I really hope we get the 10 inversion, 220ft model, but I'm happy regardless of the size. (still crossing my fingers for the 220ft one though)

Yeah same. I wasn't too fond of the idea when it first surfaced but I do think it would be a great addition to add to the park. It would make our coaster lineup even more diverse than it is now. I think if that is what we get it would definitely inch us closer to having the best coaster lineup in the world.

Really hoping they surprise us and give us a new slide in HH. In the future, (talking about by 2020 or something), i think they need a plan to combine HH and the regular park. Not sure if that could ever happen because of how far away they are but I guess in 5-10 year after major expansions to the park it is always possible. If I ran the park I would try to make that happen eventually.

Well it looks like this thread will be getting loads of attention for the rest of today and tomorrow. Any last predictions?

S&S 4D Freefly. But I am not buying in that it will be the 10 inversion, 220 ft tall model. As much as I hope it is I just don't see it.

I also expect something else to go by the Lakefront, maybe a flat ride or two and some food stands.

As I just stated I also hope a new addition to HH happens but I am not really confident in that.

Why a premier launcher. I'd love a giga coaster that's 350 but I kno that will never happen.

Because I just want a launcher that goes pretty fast, but not quite as fast as Kingda Ka (75MPH launch would be pretty sweet) because I just think that's something that we don't have, and could appeal to a bunch of people.

I called it months ago and i'm still sticking to my original guess, my guess is that it is an s&s free spin. I did the same thing last year too, about 2 months before the announcement I think I guessed a Larson super loop. hope I can go 2 for 2 this year

I'm guessing a 10 inversion S&S Free Fly by the Lakefront. I simply don't see them not seeing how important capacity is in this instance.

Also, how did you get in that picture, Matt? Did you attend the commercial shoot for b-roll footage? If so, how? Because I really want to be in one of those as I've heard you can get so many rides in it's ridiculous. People were getting 12+ rides at Twisted Colossus' commercial shoot!

The park usually contacts people to be in broll/video shoots.

For example for the sky screamer 'elvis' videos they asked employees, as well with zumanjaro.

For the zumanjaro shoot ace members were supposed to ride but it ended up they weren't allowed yet because the state didn't sign off on it yet so they ended up riding ka instead.

^^ When Angel was with the Park she would usually contact Wade from GA Outpost and say "i need 20 people for a shoot" and he would round people up. I did Bizarro's b-roll that way. I also won the Photo contest they did for "Bizarro", and was in on the Scavenger hunt and won a "Golden Ticket" for Media Day. He was at "El Diablo's" Media Day, not sure if he still help's with the "B-Roll's". "Medusa" was always my fav Coaster, so i was all over it when they trasformed it. I remember there was a Cheerleading competition in the Arena and they had all the Cheer Squads using the road that runs next to the Babboon section in the Safari. So i went on the road and was able to grab pics of Medusa's transformation, and Screamscape and Newsplusnotes ran them. They were the only shot's out there of the Coaster's infield and the Propane Tank's for the flames.

But now that it's "Announcement Eve", wouldn't it be a major "swerve", if we end up getting the Pendulum Ride being removed from Texas? That would be a major let down.

I think that would be a bit of a let down. I didn't get to ride the one here when it was in place. It was in place during the 5 year gap I had in my season passes, when my daughter was too small for any rides. I think I would have enjoyed it.

Here's my prediction for the next few years.

2016 : 4D "10 element" in the "new" Lakefront.

2017 : The "dueler" in Chiller's Station with a re-theme of Old Country/Movietown to "Gotham City" (if the Dueler does not show up anywhere tomorrow)

2018 : "Justice League" in our old Simulator Building.

After that have to see what "trends" emerge from the industry. RMC (or anyone) may come up with something new that all Park's start to install, have to see.

My plans for the future:

2016: 4D S&S Free Fly Coaster / 2 flat rides

2017: Justice League: Battle for Metropolis 4D

2018: Hurricane Harbor expansion /

2019: Dueling Launch coaster / repaint coasters

2020: Hurricane Harbor expansion / fix parking lot

Edited by SFGadv123