VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

gallery_2_131_492430.jpg

Before I looked closely I thought this picture was taken recently. What first caught my eye was the age of the people in the shot (and if these are guests and not park officials.) You don't see that many people over the age of 35 in one shot at the park anymore.

With the elephants, I'm taking a guess at 1979. It was a very good year. :P

Before I looked closely I thought this picture was taken recently. What first caught my eye was the age of the people in the shot (and if these are guests and not park officials.) You don't see that many people over the age of 35 in one shot at the park anymore.

It's funny that you say that Dan. I was recently looking through a new batch of Garden of Marvels photos and noticed the same thing. Everyone appeared "elderly" and all the woman were in dresses and looked like Edith Bunker!

QUESTION #32: Which Six Flags park is currently home (out of the open and operating parks in the Six Flags chain) to the most rides that were once featured as part of Great Adventure's ride lineup (the actual ride equipment once found in GA is now operating in the Six Flags park)? Also, name the rides.

My guess would be my favorite Six Flags park, Great America.

They have the HUSS Condor that used to be at SFGAdv and SFGAdv's very own Pendulum (Revolution) HUSS frissbee.

They also have Chubasco Zamperla tea cups. The Orbit Schwarzkopf enterprise, Triple Play HUSS troika, Fiddler's Fling Schwarzkopf calypso, The East River Crawler Schwarzkopf monster spin, King Chaos HUSS top spin, Whirlygig Zierer waverswinger, Hometown Fun Machine Eli Bridge scrambler, a Zamperla rock n' tug and balloon flight (on a main midway too, tsk-tsk) Batman, S.U.F., TDK, Arrow log and hydraflumes, an Intamin 12-person rapids ride with the same name as SFGAdv's original name for Congo Rapids, antique cars, and to stretch, they have a b&m hyper, a wooden racer, bumper cars, a carousel, drop tower and pirate ship and they once had SFGAdv's Sarajevo Bobsled (Rolling Thunder,) a Von Roll dual Sky Ride which used the gondolas which currently run on SFGAdv's Sky Ride/Skyway,) a Schwarzkopf Bayern Kurve (Yukon Yahoo,) an Iwerks motion base simulator theater, Hopkins shoot-the-chutes, and an Arrow multi-looper (Shockwave) with the same elements as GASM, albeit with some different dimensions and design.

Wow, I forgot alot of the similar rides:

Haybailer (Mack Matterhorn,) Cajun Cliffhanger (Chance Rotor,) The Edge (Intamin 1st Generation Freefall,) Power Dive (Intamin Looping Starship,) and there are a ton in the kiddie sections including Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine (Zamperla Crazy Bus,) Bedrock Boulder Roller (Zamperla kiddie Ferris wheel,) Yosemite Sam's National Park Tour (Zamperla Rio Grande kiddie train ride,) Looney Tunes Lodge (SCS Interactive foam play area,) Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cups (Zamperla mini tea cup) Yummy Yummy Fruit Salad Tower Ride (Zamperla samba tower) and Dorothy's Racing to the Rainbow (Zamperla samba Balloon.) They also have the Hampton Beep Beep Buggies and Daffy's Magical Motorcade-type rides.

They have the same pay attractions too:

Dare Devil Dive, go carts and a rock-climbing wall

Edited by darkridedan

Hopefully this will clarify the trivia question: Which Six Flags park is currently home (out of the open and operating parks in the Six Flags chain) to the most rides that were once featured as part of Great Adventure's ride lineup (the actual ride equipment once found in GA is now operating in the Six Flags park)? Also, name the rides.

Anyone want to update their answer?