VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv.Debate #27: Which is a better flat ride for Great Adventure?

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two Larson Intl rides would you prefer to see at Great Adventure?

• [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_229388.png[/img] Flying Scooters
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_204472.png[/img] Tilt-A-Whirl

Flying Scooters. I have never tried them before but they look like they are fun especially if snapping is allowed. I rarely ride Tilt A Whirls anymore since I usually get dizzy from them.

I agree with the flying scooters. I haven't gotten to ride one yet but they seem like the more fun ride being able to control them and have them snap and fly high in the air. I think one where the Enterprise used to be would be good if it would fit.

ill go with the Tilt-a-Whirl....inside a shelter done in high victorian. The Cars done in a wicker paint job. to resemble a victorian push cart form the golden years of Atlantic City....Lots of white lights ala Gingerbread Fancy...The center usinging a Mast head type gibson girl..And running at a speed thats a little faster then our old one (please). And Call it " The Waltzer". New but very retro and placed in the old enterprise location or a pad open in Action Alley.

• Like 1

I like Flying Scooters also. I rode the one at Knoebels several times and it's nice how you can control them. When I was at SFA last year they had a decent line for them so I am a little worried about the capacity. You only had to wait a cycle or 2 at Knoebels usually so I don't know if I would wait much longer for them at Gadv.

I've ridden both before, I do not like Tilt a Whirls at all. I always have an issue afterwards whether it be a headache or dizziness. I've ridden flying scooters before at Knoebel's Grove and had a lot of fun on those. I go with flying scooters. :dizzy:

I like both but Tilt A Whirl would be a better fit for the crowds GADV gets. Hersheypark has Flying Scooters and due to their low capacity often gets longer lines than some of their big coasters! Plus the lines for that type of ride are very slow moving, just not a good fit for the huge crowds GADV gets.

^ However they are low capacity that can develop very long and slow moving lines. I have seen the Flying Scooters at Hershey have a half hour wait while major coasters are walk ons, it just can't handle many riders. Hershey has many more flat rides than GADV too. Ideally it should be able to handle 16 riders at once with its two person cars. However, that rarely happens, at Hershey people normally ride in separate cars, cutting capacity to only 8 riders per cycle, 2 families of 4. Only way they would work with the large crowds at GADV is if the park installs dual Sky Scooters and forces everyone to pair up. Also the ride is very slow loading and unloading. The cars can keep swinging for several minutes after the ride is stopped, preventing riders from exiting. The operator and loader usually have to aid each guest with getting out of the cars. A fun ride but very inefficient. There are many times I have to skip it at Hershey because it takes too much time.

Edited by The Master

• 5 months later...