VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dutch Wonderland History Book

Chiller

My book, Images of Modern America: Dutch Wonderland, will be officially released two weeks from today. It is currently on presale for 27% off at Amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com. It is also available on the publishers website, arcadiapublishing.com. The book is in full color and features many never before seen photos of the park, including construction pictures of the Sky Princess roller coaster.

The book will be a great addition to any amusement park/roller coaster enthusiast's collection.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1467122858/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_y-Uivb0R1C0HZ

Dw

Congratulations!!! I am super excited about this. I drove past the park last week and mentioned that a book should be published about the park! I remember the early commercials from when I was little and only visited the park as an adult starting in the late 80s. Preordering a copy now!

It looks interesting. I used to really like the Old Engine 99 train that the park used to have pictured on the back cover and always looked forward to visiting the park almost every year when I was a kid.

• 4 weeks later...

We went to DW once in 2004 the day after going to Hershey. It was in the middle of June on a Tuesday and the park was empty (and I mean EMPTY!) which was nice. We rode all the rides several times and only spent 1/2 day there. It was perfect for a 4 and a 6 year old and it was very enjoyable.

In fact we had such a good time (and also the day before at Hershey) we ended up visiting my relatives in Pittsburgh for the rest of the week (and also went to Kennywood); and that was my wife's idea (she asked how far away we were and I said about 2 1/2 hours... so she said "lets go"). It was a planned overnight stay that turned into an unplanned week long vacation.

The only down side was we had to do some clothes shopping to get through the week a long with a few trip to the laundry room in the Hotel.

I just noticed this thread. That's pretty awesome, congrat's. I went there almost every year growing up in the 70's & 80's. I will get all my Family's old pics from it, think we have alot. I think i even have my Chief Halftown Autographed "glossy" somewhere still. But almost every year we would go to Hershey, and Dutch Wonderland. Then we switched up to Wildwwod later on. I have some old shot's from there too. But i will def get the Book.