VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

It's not working for me either. I'm surprised they didn't spring for the larger 10 inversion model for capacity reasons. This year was pretty crowded so I imagine capacity could be an issue next year.

It's not working for me either. I'm surprised they didn't spring for the larger 10 inversion model for capacity reasons. This year was pretty crowded so I imagine capacity could be an issue next year.

That's what we all said earlier, and people were assuring us that, since we'd be getting a 10 element model, that wouldn't be a problem :P

The media was told 5am EST by Great Adventure's PR department. That's when everything went out and got published. Park Journey said they were told the same from Magic Mountain (5am est). It seems like other parks are just either slower at sending it out, or they're not posting it themselves exactly at 5. The national news got published slightly late, but here it is: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150903005525/en/#.VegQrtNVhBd

Edited by Matt Kaiser

By the way, the Great Lake Grandstand site will be naturally landscaped and offer wonderful views of the lake. Even today with the piles of rubble still there, the view of the water from the surrounding areas is already a great improvement.

This is the best part that isn't in the announcement!

I was afraid they were not seeing the value of the lake front walk.

So Total Mayhem is being placed where the arena was with one of the drops facing the lake? Hard to tell from images.

Not my kind of ride but it is a good addition to the park.

Hopefully SFNE Superman gets its old trains back without the speakers. Let's see if it gets #1 again.

I gotta' say, Six Flags is really going "cheap" with most of the attraction's. The best looking ride was one of the new Enterprise design's with "Catwoman's Whip". And us and the "Joker Coaster" are the only Coaster's going in anywhere. And i'm not even saying anything about "Total Mayhem", after 3 month's of saying it, i don't have to anymore. Funny, even after the 1st press release was put out at midnight, people still didn't believe it.

Edited by Railer

I gotta' say, Six Flags is really going "cheap" with most of the attraction's. The best looking ride was one of the new Enterprise design's with "Catwoman's Whip". And us and the "Joker Coaster" are the only Coaster's going in anywhere. And i'm not even saying anything about "Total Mayhem", after 3 month's of saying it, i don't have to anymore. Funny, even after the 1st press release was put out at midnight, people still didn't believe it.

I'm glad people were skeptical about it. It was obviously released before it should have been, and I have faith that people would question the validity of something like that.

I do commend you for sticking to the Total Mayhem name through everything.

• Like 1

I truly hope they go along with the plan to naturally landscape the Lakefront and it doesn't get washed away like plans have in the past. On the other hand, I'm super excited about the new coaster as well as everyone I have shown it to so far. I don't think the smaller version of the 4D matters to the general public, anyway. Nor do they know of a bigger version.

• Like 1

TM looks fine. Of course they didn't go for the higher-capacity model because that wouldn't have been the bargain-basement move -- same reason that they didn't change the background from SFFT in our rendering, and that our park's season pass page says "Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor" all over it.

Beyond that, glad to see a giant frisbee in the lineup. The Joker looks surprisingly meh for RMC. I'm sure everyone's excited about all those Super Loops.

A lot of what JRA says in the video really annoys me; SF has always been flexible with the truth, but his hyperbole gets to a whole new level. How can he say, "I'll see you at one of our beautiful parks" with landscaping, park services, and other budgets slashed? Far worse, how can he claim that Six Flags has "The best dark rides in the world" with a straight face? I can't decide if it's an indication of how ridiculous and out-of-touch their approach is, how they'll say anything to try to make a buck, or both.

• Like 1