VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

Question for anyone here that may know. From all the renderings released so far, and i realize they are very early rendering's, and thing's will be a little different when it's actually built. (Mayhem's station don't even have a roof) But looking at the shot's released, it look's like there will be an area that takes you close to the Lake between Blackbeard's and Mayhem. Are they removing that Garage that is to the rear rt of "Fort Independence"? There is a garage and i believe a fuel tank there. And the massive barb-wire fence that block's off the Switlick Driveway. With the little area in the rendering, it look's to be about where the Driveway Fence is, or it will be right next to it.

Here is my very poor sketch of what i think it'll be.

Pink-how far back the side path will be between Blackbeards and TM.

Orange-queue house/line

Yellow-Where queue line splits to each side of station/also connects with exit.

Green-Exit

Red line- Ride (measured in at 259f from brochure)

EEymJtI.jpg

If you guys look closer at Kingda Ka in the video.It is going off with Zumanjaro.That might come too in 2016.

Pretty sure they ran together in Zumanjaro's promo as well as commercials for the park. They just do that for visuals.

• Like 1

Enthusiasts really need to understand that this is unfortunately how Six Flags operates now. Small additions to all parks. I think this method will work fine for a few years, but soon they really need to start splurging on parks again. I'm talking additions like Banshee, Fury325, Valravn, etc.

Agreed. Now that they've successfully revived some of the smaller, neglected parks (like SFFT, SFA, SFNE, SFM), I think it would be wise to rotate who gets something new bi-yearly. This way, the investment pool will be twice as large for parks who do get something, and the unlucky ones will be guaranteed something new the following year.

• Like 1

Here is my very poor sketch of what i think it'll be.

Pink-how far back the side path will be between Blackbeards and TM.

Orange-queue house/line

Yellow-Where queue line splits to each side of station/also connects with exit.

Green-Exit

Red line- Ride (measured in at 259f from brochure)

EEymJtI.jpg

So of the ride's layout is only as long as the fort, then what are they gonna do with the grandstand's area?

At least every park got a new ride (or ride experience) this year and there weren't any Maison Rogue's, Cirque Dreams, or 40 Seasons of Thrills.

I saw the Cirque show at Discovery Kingdom a few years ago. I know it's a little disappointing to just get a show, but that's obviously something Great Adventure lacks. SFDK packed a pretty large stadium, roughly the size of Fort Independence, for that show when I saw it.

The Grandstand area will revert back to more of its orginal natural state with some landscaping (rocks, grass, mulch, etc.). The views are really nice without the stadium blocking the lake.

I think I'm as excited for this as I am for TM!

It seems like a missed opportunity for me with one thing: had we not renamed LD into El Diablo just last year, I think that TM would have been perfect it was called the Jersey Devil. The color scheme is perfect, and I know I keep harping on that name but hey I love my home state. Fly with the Devil! Haha oh well.. Maybe one day in the future.

The Grandstand area will revert back to more of its orginal natural state with some landscaping (rocks, grass, mulch, etc.). The views are really nice without the stadium blocking the lake.

Im telling you if they take inspiration from the Srpuce Street Harbor Park and add the right lighting, some nice benches and chairs, neon lights in the trees of fantasy forest, that whole area could be perfect for taking a moment to relax and take pictures. Then they could add a beer garden eventually ;)

a beer garden in a park full of people who act rowdy sober. LAWL. JK

But really id love a beer garden at GA. then again SF can prob F that idea up too. If they ever did something like that id like to see more of local/ tri state beers, god knows we have a lot of local ones and they are all great, but they prob pack it with Budlight and Coronas.

Saw CP has a Beers and BBQ event, just saying

not going to like ,its been two years since I have been to the park and last time I was there I don't think they had that lol. I love the idea of a beer garden though

shock top- its OK they have one beer I would drink. Ive tried there other stuff and just cant get into their odd flavoring, at least that's what it taste like to me lol

Beer has really gone up in price at SF parks in the last few years (not unlike most food items). Yet wine is still the (relative) bargain it has been for decades, at only $5.99 a glass at GAdv -- just over half of what some beers will run you.

Which is to say, a beer garden could certainly draw some revenue. Nothing against Gingerbread Fancy or Yum Yum, but they aren't the first places I think of when I consider where I might want to enjoy a cold beer.

Edited by pashacar

^^ That is really accurate based on what I have seen. And Railer, the garage building will remain.

Thank's, i was hoping it was going. From the overhead diagram the Garage is right where what look's to be a little viewing area that is in the rendering's. That Garage will look like crap, and block the view's of that whole stretch of land for the Driveway. They have plenty of spaces they could move that Fuel Tank to back behind Seaport, and make a new small Garage. They should at least put a Fence up to block the building so Guest's don't have to look at it while waiting for Mayhem.

Definetly sound's like a job for a Wooden Fence with a row of high Shrubs in front of it then. I forget if the Tank is above or below ground, would have to look at some shot's i took of it this year. Think it was a small, above ground one, most likely for equipment more than vehicles.