VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

My honest issue is that I think this coaster isn't good fit for Great Adventure, and Great Adventure certainly ins't a good fit for the coaster. We get large crowds, so chances are we will have to wait 3-4 hours just to get on a ride that is 30-40 seconds long. I personally think another wooden coaster is maybe the only coaster we really needed. Meanwhile, Great America has received a Wingrider and RMC the last few years, Magic Mountain received Green Lantern First Flight, Full Throttle, Twisted Colossus, and Apocalypse in the last six years, and we have recieved (in the same time period) a relocated ride, a drop tower, and this low capacity disaster, which not to mention is a clone. We also lost three coasters in the same time period.

The last thing GA needs in an RMC wood coaster, it would be just like El Toro and still not a traditional wooden coaster. If they get another wood coaster, it will be from GCI and be more on par with the thrill level of Mine Train rather than the thrill level of El Toro. What I think would be cool is to see something like Chiller built by Intamin in Chiller's old spot. After having Chiller be down more than it was running, Premier should not be building it.

We do have 5 B&M coasters, but if B&M develops it, wouldn't it be great to have an X2 style 4D that is the length of Cedar Point's Gatekeeper and the height of Nitro.

Great Adventure with the crowds they get really should be going for the highest possible capacity rides they can get.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while, but I have some recent aerial photos to share of the park in general, and more importantly, construction taking place along the lakefront to make way for Total Mayhem in Summer 2016...Here are the two galleries you can view:

August 30 and October 11

Enjoy !!!

• Like 3

To be honest, something like Full Throttle would be good for the park, but a wooden coaster or RMC is a bigger priority as we currently have a wooden coaster surrounded by five B&M's (and other coasters, of course)

Said I wanted Full Throttle since last year I think. It would've been a perfect choice for that area, and people would've been happy even though it's a clone.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So now there is ALOT of rumbling's that "Total Mayhem" now has the green and purple color combination for the Track, and that it will be called "Joker's Total Mayhem". Although i am happy about the green and purple color's, as i think they will look good together along the Lake, i really hope the Joker is NOT part of the theme. Since the start you all know i think "Total Mayhem" is a perfect name for a free-spin, and it's a perfect theme for where it is in the Park. Adding the Joker to it will just cheapen it, and make it like all the other Joker themed rides. But as were one of the only Six Flags Park's without a Joker Themed ride, i guess were due. But i wish they would use it for a new spinning flat-ride a year or two down the line. And also i'm sure "Suicide Squad" coming out this Summer with Jared Leto's Joker ,making his big screen debut has a little part to play in it as well if it does come to be.

We'll have to wait and see. I have to say i was not the biggest fan of the name, total mayhem, at the announcement, however after a while it did grow on me and i did like it and just like you, thought it fit the ride. I liked the colors too and I'm going to be disappointed if its yet another DC ride out of place. I much rather have original names, or non DC names, for rides.

I feel like a many people aren't too happy about the coaster. I think that its a great idea. Its going to add an experience that the park never really had before in an area that could use improvement. Maybe this will pave the way for a little more expansion in this area. The way I see it, its not another super hero themed coaster built out into the parking lot. And lines are always going to be chaos for any new major ride. I don't think that's something that's exclusive to SFGA. But as a few have pointed out, the loose article policy (and the way it is enforced) doesn't help shorten the lines. But I don't think that means that the coaster is the problem. Now if Total Mayhem is themed to the Joker or any super hero character, I will be disappointed that we lost all that for just another super hero coaster. That's probably one of my latest pet peeves. I don't suppose there's any rumor or word on whether we will be getting another form of dolphin show elsewhere? I guess the show's attendance wasn't doing so hot lately?

Well, after some thought, a "Joker" theme now on this Ride could make sense if another Batman Ride is coming. It could be used in the marketing also, after the "Joker" invaded the Park in 2016, Batman strikes back with the TRex Dueler in Movietown for 2017. But it really does make sense adding a Joker Theme before adding another Batman themed Coaster taking it up to 3. Just another little thing......