VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

TM looks like it'll be a fun ride, looking forward to trying it. I see this ride being as popular as SUF with the GP. Also noticed that most parks got multiple flat rides, wish they threw in a flying eagle or tilt a whirl with El Diablo but they had more coaster additions last season so it makes sense.

^ What's being cleaned up?

The Lakefront is being refreshed, sure, but that's so it can generate more revenue (and seen as a negative change by many GA fans). PDC, GK, and other areas are left to deteriorate, with the only updates being even more out-of-place ads being installed.

I will give them credit on attention to detail in that water features around the park seem to have been running this season. But I see little else to commend in that department.

Adventure Alley was a pretty big upgrade a couple of years ago, SORA is MUCH better than the drive-thru was, and PDC got a lot of attention this year with El Diablo and the great-looking Macho Nacho.

GK and Movietown/OC are the only two areas now that I feel deserve some renovation, IMO.

I see your points, but I can't agree with most of them.

There is nothing to Adventure Alley. The only theme element is that bus, which is in awful shape. And as in other sections, it's plastered to near-saturation with advertisements.

I think very few Guests agree that SORA is a huge upgrade. Compared to losing the Safari, of course it's better, but a lot of Guests appreciated the option to drive through.

PDC has faded or destroyed theme elements and Greyhound ads everywhere. Outside of the that, Macho Nacho looks fine (as it should after being under construction for half of the season). Beyond its statue, El Diablo looks pretty unremarkable, to me.

In addition, Boardwalk looks awful, GK is pathetically far below its potential, and as everyone has acknowledged, most everything past the Big Wheel is not in good shape.

I'm not trying to hate, I just think that objectively a lot of the park has looked better in just the past few years. I do think the stretch from BBNP to SORA looks nice these days.

Edited by pashacar

The landscaping around SORA looks absolutely incredible

PDC looks better than it has in a while, especially at night with the hanging lights. The only complaint about PDC I have is the empty lot of dirt behind El Diablo. At least plant some grass.

Compared to recent years, the park looks a lot better. Adventure Alley is better with rides compared to empty ride pads. But everyone is a critic and you can't please everyone. With the new coaster and new landscaped area to come, the Lakefront will now be refurbished. Everyone complained about the area looking deteriorated and now that the park announced Total Mayhem, people complain more. I don't understand.

^ I know when I went to the park this year most of the park was plenty nice, the only areas I'd say don't look good are Nitro's queue line and Old Country which is supposed to be revamped within the next couple of years.

As for Total Mayhem the ride itself looks pretty good to me, I just wish it had a better color scheme. Either the red or the orange would have been fine for the track but I would have most preferred a blue to go with the lake.

I'm also glad to hear that the new Lakefront will be landscaped to offer good views!

Those fake renderings, had a better logo than the real one. I think I'm going to send Six Flags the fake logo and tell them it would be an improvement, maybe they'll listen. Also, I honestly think a green track with grey supports would have looked cooler than the blue you guys are talking about. I'm disappointed in our addition, but I prefer this 6 inversion one over the 10 inversion one, because 10 inversions are just too much (And I think SF realizes that as well). I really just wanted Full Throttle, which probably costs less than this ride, and isn't much bigger.

I have to say I am very disappointed with the addition. You think Six Flags would owe us a larger model since we were supposed to get this in 2015, as you can tell they didn't even make a new animation for 2016, just used the one from last year (No El Diablo in the background) Most of us didn't even want an addition like this, and just as we started to feel better about the 220ft model, and realizing it's a good fit for the park, we find out we are getting a clone. Hopefully the future entails additions to the park actually worth being excited for in 2017.

Edited by Tower

^We are the only Six Flags park that received a new major roller coaster for 2016 and you are disappointed?

Well, you have to understand why some people are a bit upset by an addition like this. Most people were predicting a larger more unique version of the Free Spin. Also, just because "The Joker" is an RMC doesn't mean it isn't new. That attraction was certainly the highlight of the 2016 additions. The biggest thing to be honest was the fact this was leaked last night while everyone was excited for announcements, and half of the people upset about the attraction are pissed due to the ride being leaked, basically ruining the joy of watching the announcements (myself included)

I have to say I am very disappointed with the addition. You think Six Flags would owe us a larger model since we were supposed to get this in 2015, as you can tell they didn't even make a new animation for 2016, just used the one from last year (No El Diablo in the background) Most of us didn't even want an addition like this, and just as we started to feel better about the 220ft model, and realizing it's a good fit for the park, we find out we are getting a clone. Hopefully the future entails additions to the park actually worth being excited for in 2017.

This is where the problem is... the park doesn't OWE anyone in the coaster community anything and that is where the problem begins. Everyone(not just you) feels like the park should add what THEY want, and what THEY think is best for the park, instead of looking at it from the parks perspective. They add things for the GP not the coaster community. The GP will eat this up just like they do in SFFT. It doesn't matter if 'we' don't like or or approve because our opinion is nothing. Most of you don't have to want the addition, because to the park and the company it doesn't matter.

It was also never confirmed we were supposed to get this, it was just a rumor that spread like wild fire just as it was with the 'larger' model-rumor spread like wildfire and everyone was convinced about that it was gonna be that.

Everyone begs and begs for a new ride, and now that we do finally get a NEW ride, its not enough, not what we had in mind, etc etc.

Just think it could've been another year with minor additions. Would you rather have yet another kiddie area instead of this? Im sure majority wouldn't. Be thankful with what we are getting and keep in mind SF has a lot of parks to split up the $ for additions. Its also been stated they will never run like they used to with big expensive additions so don't expect big bad additions year after year.

• Like 3

I am kinda like "meh" about the new addition. I'll definitely try it after all the hoopla and crowds die down a bit. I find it humorous people are genuinely mad about this coaster or the fact that it was leaked, though. At least it won't ruin another ride (cough cough KA) or be labeled as a coaster, when it's not,,,,el diablo-I'm looking at you. So really, I think we did pretty good this year man! Relax! Personally I would have rather had a bunch of nice flats and diving shows brought back- but that's just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions....

• Like 1

We got the 2nd best addition out of all Six Flags parks this year so we should be happy. Yes it is pretty lame that it is the exact same thing that SFFT got last year and they didn't even have the decency to make a new video for it but regardless I am very excited to ride this and can't wait to see how it changes the view when you first walk into the park.

The reason why were not getting monster coasters is because that is what led the company into bankruptcy. A ride like Nitro would probably take 2+ years to pay off after paying labor, utilitys, general maintenance, property taxes. Running a theme is not cheap and the current management now is spending just enough to have something to market that wont take 3 years to pay off but yet will make the gp happy. Corporate has been trying to give each park a new addition every season and they know the GP will eat this up weather its 120 ft or 220 ft its a new concept to the east coast and people are gonna come and ride it. I saw people on face book posting about it who are gp and there excited and anxious to try it. Don't get me wrong I wish we got the larger version too but we just gotta deal with it. If we the enthusiasts ran the park we'd be filing chapter 11 after 2 seasons for over building. Hell I probably would add a giga here, launched wing rider there, war on lines 2.0 everywhere. lol I totally get where every ones coming from but we need to look outside the box and maybe one season they'll splurge here and there. I will say though that MM and GrAm got 2 coasters in 3 years so lets hope the pendulum swings this way and 2018 will be a treat. It is what it is on the bright side the park is at least adding things we been lacking like flats, the drop tower, the brad ross show, and Holiday in the park. Just my :TwoCents:

One cool thing about the location is it will be the first coaster in park history that you will see directly in front of you as you enter the park. Since it is a short distance, the ride should be a towering first impression.

Total Mayhem will be 16 feet taller than the Skyway, so I think it will be a pretty nice view!

Those fake renderings, had a better logo than the real one. I think I'm going to send Six Flags the fake logo and tell them it would be an improvement, maybe they'll listen. Also, I honestly think a green track with grey supports would have looked cooler than the blue you guys are talking about. I'm disappointed in our addition, but I prefer this 6 inversion one over the 10 inversion one, because 10 inversions are just too much (And I think SF realizes that as well). I really just wanted Full Throttle, which probably costs less than this ride, and isn't much bigger.

Which fake renderings?

Did SFFT have issues with longer than expected que lines for Batman 4d? I just keep thinking that's it's right near the entrance, center of the park, and it's going to be mobbed.

My friend who rode Batman said that the line was constantly moving, so it really didn't seem that bad. Pretty much as soon as he stopped walking, the line would move forward again.

We got the 2nd best addition out of all Six Flags parks this year so we should be happy. Yes it is pretty lame that it is the exact same thing that SFFT got last year and they didn't even have the decency to make a new video for it but regardless I am very excited to ride this and can't wait to see how it changes the view when you first walk into the park.

Enthusiasts really need to understand that this is unfortunately how Six Flags operates now. Small additions to all parks. I think this method will work fine for a few years, but soon they really need to start splurging on parks again. I'm talking additions like Banshee, Fury325, Valravn, etc.
Edited by Matt Kaiser

Enthusiasts really need to understand that this is unfortunately how Six Flags operates now. Small additions to all parks. I think this method will work fine for a few years, but soon they really need to start splurging on parks again. I'm talking additions like Banshee, Fury325, Valravn, etc.

You gotta remember though... The only reason CF is able to purchase these enormous coasters is because the majority of the budget goes to one park for the coaster while the rest of it goes to the other parks for tiny additions or perhaps even [nearly] nothing at all. At least with SF's strategy ever park gets something. It's debatable which strategy is better and it's up to you to decide which works more

Edited by KK456

Question for anyone here that may know. From all the renderings released so far, and i realize they are very early rendering's, and thing's will be a little different when it's actually built. (Mayhem's station don't even have a roof) But looking at the shot's released, it look's like there will be an area that takes you close to the Lake between Blackbeard's and Mayhem. Are they removing that Garage that is to the rear rt of "Fort Independence"? There is a garage and i believe a fuel tank there. And the massive barb-wire fence that block's off the Switlick Driveway. With the little area in the rendering, it look's to be about where the Driveway Fence is, or it will be right next to it.