VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

I'm glad people were skeptical about it. It was obviously released before it should have been, and I have faith that people would question the validity of something like that.

I do commend you for sticking to the Total Mayhem name through everything.

It wasn't easy sticking to it with how much heat i took for it. But i trusted my source, and never heard anything else that was from a more credible source. The thing that scares me a little, is the Hotel, and Riverboat rendering's must of been from someone in Corporate, they had the circular pattern on the ground right. It was from someone who had early access to the rendering's.

^ Our Sky Screamer grew taller after the announcement. Looping Dragons location and name changed, maybe we will end up getting a bigger version of the ride. Although Total Mayhem is not the biggest ride, its still the biggest ride that Six Flags is adding in 2016.

As much as I'd like that, I don't see it happening. :( Those other changes were relatively easier. For SkyScreamer, just manufacture another section or two and get longer cables. If they've already started manufacturing track and supports for Total Mayhem, I doubt they'd be able to change their minds about it.

^
Not a new stadium like some reported but it is getting redone. Probably going to have a very minimalistic feel to it to keep views open as possible.

By the way, the Great Lake Grandstand site will be naturally landscaped and offer wonderful views of the lake. Even today with the piles of rubble still there, the view of the water from the surrounding areas is already a great improvement.

Wish they would have announced a new aqua stadium with a bit smaller capacity and bring back the dolphins or a dive show. Really hate the name Total Mayhem, why not Mayhem by the Lake; also only 120 ft tall is disappointing. They continue to call El Diablo a roller coaster and now there saying Total Mayhem has 6 inversions, it doesn't, you spin around 6 times. On a postive note it does bringthere roller coaster count to 13. Hope 2017 is a dark ride addition. Just my opinion, Have a Nice Day

Welp, this has been my prediction all year and it ended up becoming true. A little disappointed, but the location and the fact that we are finally getting a brand new coaster is exciting. It is certainly one of the few coaster types out there that gives our lineup a truly new look.

Also, rumor has it that KK is getting Altair trains as well...is there any truth to this?

In my opinion, I am really happy it is not named for another super hero in yet another area of the park.

And it's funny how except for TM and the super loops pretty much every park got a ride named after a DC superhero/villain. I'll admit I am kinda jealous of SFOT's additions. I feel like those three would go great in Movietown. Maybe next year? ;)

And I'm only a little let down bc the rumor of the taller model of the free spin was put out there, but hey what can you do? Also I personally wouldnt color it red and orange. Definitely Blue and white or Silver along the lake would look better, but maybe if we complain enough we can get that to happen. Lol

I hated the color scheme at first but it really isn't too bad. The color for the supports I think is a good choice. Would still rather have some type of blue for the track but the orange/red two toned is pretty cool. And the orange facing the park is good because I don't think the red would look very good over the lake.

TM looks fine. Of course they didn't go for the higher-capacity model because that wouldn't have been the bargain-basement move -- same reason that they didn't change the background from SFFT in our rendering, and that our park's season pass page says "Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor" all over it. Completely agree that TM does look nice, but not exactly sure it warranted the removal of the Aqua Spectacle. And, you're spot on with the attention to detail that Six Flags strives so hard ensure.

Beyond that, glad to see a giant frisbee in the lineup. The Joker looks surprisingly meh for RMC. I'm sure everyone's excited about all those Super Loops. Yes, I'm sure everyone can't wait to experience the new Super Loops "coasters."

A lot of what JRA says in the video really annoys me; SF has always been flexible with the truth, but his hyperbole gets to a whole new level. How can he say, "I'll see you at one of our beautiful parks" with landscaping, park services, and other budgets slashed? Far worse, how can he claim that Six Flags has "The best dark rides in the world" with a straight face? I can't decide if it's an indication of how ridiculous and out-of-touch their approach is, how they'll say anything to try to make a buck, or both. JRA is just ridiculous, period! In my opinion, he lacks any credibility whatsoever. He obviously has very little respect for himself saying some of those things with a straight face. But, then again, he is able to say how good profits are with a straight face just as easily. I think he really believes his own BS!

Also why does the video say "Summer 2016"? Are they really going to wait that long to open it?

KK doesn't have a lap bar though. This would be an improvement.

They are probably saying summer just to cover themselves so they don't repeat what happened with Zumanjaro where the signs said Spring 2014 and had to change them to summer 2015 when they found the ride would be delayed. Also probably because Memorial Day is consisted the unofficial start of summer so if they get it open for Memorial Day, they might consider that summer.

I'm not mad but I'll be honest I was really looking forward to the bigger version even though there isn't really a difference. I think next year is either a overall park improvements or something going to hurricane harbor. Man I wish this park was runned by cedar fair because I bet this would've topped off Europa park and cedar point.

JRA is just ridiculous, period! In my opinion, he lacks any credibility whatsoever. He obviously has very little respect for himself saying some of those things with a straight face. But, then again, he is able to say how good profits are with a straight face just as easily. I think he really believes his own BS!

The thing is, for better or worse, profits are very good. In the short term, his strategy of giving away the gate and cutting costs is working.

My concern is around the long-term future of SF parks. While some good changes have been made under JRA, the parks are, as a whole, getting more and more unpleasant each season under his watch. I'm talking about a lot of small changes that erode the intangible "soft product," similar to what we saw during the Premier era:

- Insufficient ride staffing

- Rampant inefficiency in rides and other departments

- Insufficient training and apathetic staff

- Insufficient security presence and inconsistent enforcement of rules

- Poor maintenance of structures

- Barely any landscaping

- etc.

In a lot of ways, it feels like we're reaching the bottom of the cycle again -- maybe the parks won't become the ghetto wastelands they did during the Premier era, but it's undeniable that bathrooms are getting filthier each year, and crews slower -- even on on blockbuster rides.

So yes, our addition looks nice. But it hardly paints the whole picture.

At least during the Premier days we got record breaker's, and whole themed section's as a trade-off. The Park seem's to be doing alot of infrastructure upgrades now though, with the Water Plant coming, new resteraunt's, and cleaning up older area's of the Park it all adds up. They are spending alot of money, just on thing's other than new attraction's.

^ What's being cleaned up?

The Lakefront is being refreshed, sure, but that's so it can generate more revenue (and seen as a negative change by many GA fans). PDC, GK, and other areas are left to deteriorate, with the only updates being even more out-of-place ads being installed.

I will give them credit on attention to detail in that water features around the park seem to have been running this season. But I see little else to commend in that department.