VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

I don't get why new additions don't open on opening day at Six Flags. I know that Medusa East opened on opening day 1999 which is April 2, but the past several years they open in May, June, and even early July. I think it's because of winter season, or to make the first few weeks not too crowded.

I don't get why new additions don't open on opening day at Six Flags. I know that Medusa East opened on opening day 1999 which is April 2, but the past several years they open in May, June, and even early July. I think it's because of winter season, or to make the first few weeks not too crowded.

They feel like it attracts people to come back. They visit the first month or two, see its not ready and think 'I have to come back to ride it!' Its a marketing strategy on SF part.

It probably does work, I don't think a ride has opened on opening day since Safari Planes back when Wiggles World opened in 2007. I guess it is also because Great Adventure opens so much earlier compared to other seasonal parks in the area and I'd rather have the earlier opening than a later opening and new rides ready for opening day.

I know people are tired of DC themed rides but I love them! Haha Im glad we're finally getting a Joker themed coaster! Especially with the Suicide Squad coming out this year you know they will be marketing the hell out of that movie. Next we can expect a Harley Quinn Spinsanity ;D

And from Great Adventures FB Post for it this morning, they are marketing it like i said they would a couple post's ago on the "Total Mayhem" thread. "The Joker has taken over Total Mayhem at Great Adventure". Next year Batman will "strike back", makes perfect sense. Another little thing........

Here's some of the pics the Park released. They put out an official Press Release also this morning. I'll let those on the site put that up. One thing is the Joker Themeing is WAY better than "Total Mayhem". From the entry Portal, to the "HAHAHA" in the Courtyard, it does look good, and "fit" being nearby our 4 Tent's. Never thought i'd say i'm pretty impressed with it. And even more excited for the future now.

gallery_208_401_92702.jpggallery_208_401_27300.jpggallery_208_401_18568.jpg

I think it looks great. I'm very impressed with what Six Flags was going with. It was just a matter of time before the Joker came into our park. I'm excited to see what this does for the future. It also seems like we're gonna be able to see the construction updates from Great Adventures website.

The Joker Will Wreak Total Mayhem in 2016

Iconic DC Comics Super-Villain Masterminds Plot to Seize the

Most Insane Coaster in the History of Six Flags Great Adventure

JACKSON, N.J. ─ January 27, 2016 Chaos reigns supreme at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2016 as one of the world’s most iconic DC Comics Super-Villains commandeers the park’s 14th and most unique scream machine in its history, The Joker.

Earlier this fall, the world’s largest theme park announced “Total Mayhem,” which quickly became one of the world’s most anticipated new coasters of 2016. But behind the scenes, criminal mastermind The Joker was secretly plotting to take over the new 4D, free-fly coaster and name it as his own.

“The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest DC Comics Super-Villains ever created. Only someone with his warped sense of humor could provide this level of insanity or spinsanity with a new, vertical coaster that delivers gravity-defying somersaults with utter unpredictability. It is the perfect addition to our dynamic line-up of award-winning roller coasters because this ride delivers total mayhem with its next-generation, cutting-edge thrills,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

The unique design of The Joker features:

· Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design

· One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track

· 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles

· Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels

· A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift

· Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling

The Joker is expected to wreak total mayhem beginning in the spring of 2016, and join the ranks of all legendary roller coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure.

For more information about the 2016 season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

About Warner Bros. Consumer Products

Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

About DC Entertainment

DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

What gave you that idea :Spikey:

Well now I guess I'm joining the team, unfortunately.

And from Great Adventures FB Post for it this morning, they are marketing it like i said they would a couple post's ago on the "Total Mayhem" thread. "The Joker has taken over Total Mayhem at Great Adventure". Next year Batman will "strike back", makes perfect sense. Another little thing........

Do you think that it will eventually be brought back to Total Mayhem, or that another Batman related addition will occur in the park? Its not that a Joker theme ruins the whole idea or experience, but its getting kind of redundant.

Good lord! What an improvement! That brings us to, what, 5 coasters based on DC characters now? Not that I'm complaining, far from it actually. This is a very welcome improvement from the name and "theme" of Total Mayhem. I', also surprised that they have (at least some) of the track already painted green and purple. Now I'm even more excited for this new ride!

• Like 1

Just asking i didnt see this on their facebook. When did they post this?

^ The Facebook page doesn't say it that way, but the passholder email I just got says that "the Joker was plotting to take over our new ride".

Although I still feel like this would be more fitting in Movietown or Boardwalk with the other DC rides, the theming and colors are much better than before. Overall good change!

Edited by RC98

I was thinking of relocating Deja Vu to Movie Town (for a Harley Quinn Spinsanity), Blackbeard --> Catwomen's Whip, Rapids themed to Penguin, Nitro --> Riddler's Revenge, Safari Kids/Seaport --> DC Super Friends; I'd retheme Bizzaro back to Medusa. If they wanted to make Adventure Alley apart of Gotham City too, IDC (I don't care).

It would have been better if this ride was put back by where the chiller was, or anywhere in that area really. That would mean Batman, TDK and The Joker all in the same area. Would have been really cool. But overall I still like this theme much better than Total Mayhem regardless of where it is.

Edited by SFGadv123