VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

No one said the reason for buying beer was to get "tanked". I like others, I assume, enjoy a nice beer or two during the course of the day. I actually have no issue spending $10 on a beer as long as it's some what specialty. Not spending $10 on Bud or Bud light

Usually the agenda items listed as "Legal Matters" are just mentioned by title and they move on. I wouldn't expect to hear anything more than"Regarding Six Flags Great Adventure 2016 Capital Improvements" and that is it. I learned that the hard way and attend a few of the meetings several years ago. Sneeze and you will miss it!

^ You got it Matt. I just clicked on 9/14 in the Agenda's, and there it was. This meeting will be all the detail's i believe. The mid Aug meeting for the initial approval was very vague, and had no detail's, just the location's. And from the rendering's, the location was wrong or mis-interpreted from the person that was there that i spoke too. I may try to make it out for it, been year's since i went to one. The Twp building is actually a further ride for me than the Park is, i was surprised how long of a ride it was when i went. But have to see with my Kids what's going on that night, they always get in the way of the fun lol.

Usually the agenda items listed as "Legal Matters" are just mentioned by title and they move on. I wouldn't expect to hear anything more than"Regarding Six Flags Great Adventure 2016 Capital Improvements" and that is it. I learned that the hard way and attend a few of the meetings several years ago. Sneeze and you will miss itThis came up e

This came up when i was posting. I didn't notice the "Legal Matters". I thought this meeting would be the "good stuff" since it wasn't in the last meeting. And i remember the meeting i went to was pretty boring also. Just new stand's, and a bathroom remodel lol.

Railer before you go see my note above yours about what to expect. You may want to save yourself some time.

I can tell you that the demolition and construction we see in the renderings is what was on the initial plans as far as ride location. The attendee at the meeting must have misunderstood what was said or it was stated in a confusing way because the plans did not change. (TM on Aqua site/Landscaping on Grandstand).

My honest issue is that I think this coaster isn't good fit for Great Adventure, and Great Adventure certainly ins't a good fit for the coaster. We get large crowds, so chances are we will have to wait 3-4 hours just to get on a ride that is 30-40 seconds long. I personally think another wooden coaster is maybe the only coaster we really needed. Meanwhile, Great America has received a Wingrider and RMC the last few years, Magic Mountain received Green Lantern First Flight, Full Throttle, Twisted Colossus, and Apocalypse in the last six years, and we have recieved (in the same time period) a relocated ride, a drop tower, and this low capacity disaster, which not to mention is a clone. We also lost three coasters in the same time period.

• Like 2

This will add a new experience to our lineup, but it is unfortunate they didn't go for the higher-capacity model. The crew will have to be consistently excellent (which is hardly common at Great Adventure) for waits to really be manageable. I do also hope they restrict Flash Pass use.

Now that you mention it, a Full Throttle-type ride would be a good fit for our park, actually.

Well we know that the core of Great Adventures capacity problem is the lack of cubbies for peoples items while riding, and that they need to spend $1 just to ride the coaster pretty much. I had a bag while waiting for Nitro, and once I was able to ride, they wouldn't even let me put it near the exit. Knowing Total Mayhem will most likely be the same, expect it to be even more of a disaster. To be honest, something like Full Throttle would be good for the park, but a wooden coaster or RMC is a bigger priority as we currently have a wooden coaster surrounded by five B&M's (and other coasters, of course)

Edited by Tower

Not really on topic, but you should just strategize and use one locker for each of a few rides. Like, drop your stuff in Toro's while you ride that, KK, and Bizarro. Use Batman's and get on that, Nitro, SM, TDK, etc. It's annoying, sure, but it's easy to keep it to under $5/day for your whole party. And your stuff is secure.

I just don't bring in alot of junk so zero need of a locker, I am SF's worst nightmare lol. To be honest this ride looks like a poor man's X, but it is a big step up from the Ring of Fire this year. Total Mayhem also kind of reminds me of Ultra Twister and looks like it will have poor capacity.

Edited by The Master

I just don't bring in alot of junk so zero need of a locker, I am SF's worst nightmare lol. To be honest this ride looks like a poor man's X, but it is a big step up from the Ring of Fire this year. Total Mayhem also kind of reminds me of Ultra Twister and looks like it will have poor capacity.

Six Flags said in an interview/news article (I think it was Corporate Engineer Larry Chickola) that they wanted S&S to come up with a low-cost experience similar to their 4D model that can be easily replicated across their parks. I think it was an LA Times article, but I don't remember.

• 2 weeks later...