VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Rage of the Gargoyles at Skull Mountain Sept 24 to Oct 31

29yrswithaGApass

Coming soon:

Infected reindeer have overtaken the North Pole and are on a quest to stop Santa and his elves from delivering presents. Do you have what it takes to stop the carnage and save Christmas? You will have your chance this year at HITP with our new VR on skull mountain. Have a six flags day!

• Like 2

I was on the very first train on Saturday, and none of the VR goggles worked properly. They simply displayed the cockpit for the entire ride. While the view rotated, and we did see the backs of our seats during several instances of the ride, the video never displayed properly. Accordingly, we were all given tickets to ride again, however, when we were re-seated, they then experienced mechanical difficulties with the actual coaster. After about twenty minutes in our seats with the goggles on, they threw in the towel and closed the ride. They were not going to issue additional re-ride tickets, but one of the customers pressed the point, so they relented.

Interestingly, Neil was in the building until things started going downhill. He then left. Not a good demonstration of leadership in my opinion.

Edited by rj1972

Went on it today, waited like 11 minutes until we got our headsets, so not that bad of wait. My brother's first 2 headsets didn't work, but the 3rd one seemed to work fine. We all agree'd it was really cool, but I don't understand why it's so low quality. Next time you're on, look to your far upper right, almost behind you, and you'll see part of your cockpit, and it looks like insane HD, and I'm not sure why the stuff in front of you doesn't look like that.

Went on it today, waited like 11 minutes until we got our headsets, so not that bad of wait. My brother's first 2 headsets didn't work, but the 3rd one seemed to work fine. We all agree'd it was really cool, but I don't understand why it's so low quality. Next time you're on, look to your far upper right, almost behind you, and you'll see part of your cockpit, and it looks like insane HD, and I'm not sure why the stuff in front of you doesn't look like that.

Not sure if you were told but there is a knob ontop that puts it in focus. I also noticed few times if it was recently cleaned there could be a smudge or something on the lenses as well.

• Like 1

Went on it last night and walked right on three different times. The first time was flawless; the second time, I couldn't get it to focus correctly; and the third, it was great other than the crosshairs being inaccurate.

Overall, I think the concept needs work, but is going smoothly for how new it is.

To be honest, and I know people won't agree, but I don't like the idea of virtual reality. Especially not on Skull Mountain. Skull Mountain has the best load time in the park, that's why the line moves so quickly. Now the Virtual Reality will be stacking up trains. And they really should have a non VR line because you'd end up waiting in an hour long line just to ride the ride without VR. Why ruin such a good family coaster by making the lines insane for families. Not trying to spark an argument, but I'm very glad the VR is only until October 31st.

To be honest, and I know people won't agree, but I don't like the idea of virtual reality. Especially not on Skull Mountain. Skull Mountain has the best load time in the park, that's why the line moves so quickly. Now the Virtual Reality will be stacking up trains. And they really should have a non VR line because you'd end up waiting in an hour long line just to ride the ride without VR. Why ruin such a good family coaster by making the lines insane for families. Not trying to spark an argument, but I'm very glad the VR is only until October 31st.

I think SIx Flags wants to test the whole VR thing, and skull mountain is the only one they can do it on in the park. It needs to be a ride with little to no themeing that isn't too popular because of wait times.