VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park Coming To American Dream Meadowlands

29yrswithaGApass

13 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I wonder if the timed tickets are just for the preview or will be the standard and if there will be annual passes or the option to pay per ride.

If this is how tickets will be sold all the time, $50 for 4 hours on the weekend seems like a lot although I guess it was to be expected with it right next to NYC.

Agreed

• 4 months later...

It that even legal? To demand extra money after paying the previously agreed price. It is such a scabby thing to do that is going to burn customer goodwill. Really bad marketing. 

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

The water park is opening March 19th.

https://www.americandream.com/venue/dreamworks-water-park/tickets

Pricing is $99 for 1 day, The twilight ticket for the last 2 hours a day is $74. That is way more than I was expecting and at that price maybe it will help keep lines shorter but there is no way I'd pay that much for a water park.

• 1 month later...

I have a feeling the waterpark is going to suffer from the virus incredibly.  Who is going to visit a water park for $100/person, during a recession, after a global pandemic (a few minutes away from the epicenter in the US).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Six said:

I have a feeling the waterpark is going to suffer from the virus incredibly.  Who is going to visit a water park for $100/person, during a recession, after a global pandemic (a few minutes away from the epicenter in the US).

Agree.  Not to mention once again delaying the opening of the mall’s shops and restaurants.  That thing is cursed!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 3:25 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Agree.  Not to mention once again delaying the opening of the mall’s shops and restaurants.  That thing is cursed!

And the shops and waterpark were set to open literally the week when NJ really escalated to a shut down! They were so close!

• 5 months later...

Just when you think their policies and rules can’t get worse especially considering the main audience for this park is families with kids :

Can I bring my own food into Nickelodeon Universe? 

Food is not currently allowed inside Nickelodeon Universe under COVID-19 guidelines.  Please also note that due to these guidelines, food is also unavailable for purchase in the parks at this time. ”

That is in addition to no re-entry allowed once someone leaves the park. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Coaster Justin said:

This entire development needs new management. Any person on this forum could do at least 10x better the morons in charge.

The Miami project is probably canned. It would both be a smart and dumb move at the same time to demolish it. It's not like one of the NY teams wants to be build a new Stadium (The MLB teams got new stadiums in 2009, Met Life in 2010 right next door).

TBH, they are in the right with NO FOOD PERIOD with the times we are in, but it could still be cheaper with 20% capacity limit.

• 6 months later...

“It would have been much better if American Dream had burned down or a hurricane had hit it, financially,” said Kurt Hagen, senior vice president of development for Triple Five. “Because we would have been covered by insurance. But this pandemic that we didn’t see coming has not been covered and it is the worst scenario imaginable.”

https://www.nj.com/news/2021/03/cash-crisis-at-american-dream-will-likely-lead-developer-to-lose-49-stake-in-mall-of-america.html