VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 12 - Add (and Maintain) Theme Elements Along with Attractions

• 2 weeks later...

The thing that separates a theme park from an amusement park it theme, and it would be nice to see more emphasis on themed elements being added along with attractions. I know we will never see anything on the scale of the Golden Kingdom again, but a little can go a long way when it comes to theme elements. It would also be nice to see theme elements maintained once they have been installed.

Maybe some more theming with El Toro. Add in maybe some cardboard cutouts on ride, maybe like a banner about it on the supports facing Diablo. To be honest, that would do it for me. Maybe some Nitro l theming, bringing back a Golden Kingdom Kids Area (Bloodshed is a good maze but that's prime location for a kids area

I'd put more emphasis on that for stuff like Looney Tunes, classic park areas (Frontier, to an extent Golden Kingdom), and dark rides (JL and Houdini); they don't don't need to go all out like the 90's.

• 2 weeks later...

Two things Great Adv. could do with a little effort(and probably a huge profit in return):

1-Have music appropriate to each area,like country/bluegrass music for Frontier Adventures and Spanish music/Latin Jazz around Plaza Del Carnivale.Six Flags could partner with a "royalty free music"company to do this.

2-Have uniforms appropriate to each area.Once again for Frontier Adventures it's easy:everyone dresses in denim outfits,like overalls or button-down shirts.What's even better is that some uniform companies could customize the denim outfits for seasonal events:blue denim for spring/summer,black denim for Halloween,and green or red denim for HITP.

They already play appropriate music for Plaza Del Carnaval, Golden Kingdom, and Frontier Adventures but Frontier Adventures could improve on the music they play. While I don't mind the El Toro station playing pop-punk music, they should change it to Latin music to fit with the Mexican theme.

• 3 weeks later...

The Golden Kingdom was such treat for Great Adventure, as well as Plaza Del Carnival. But with Fantasy Forest and Frontier Adventures, Just adding few small things like the Fantasy Forest sign would go a long way. Few Western props in Frontier. I love what Magic Mountain did with DC universe. They are capable of doing good re-themes on a decent scale. The area that needs the most change desperately is Nitro and the whole entire adventure Seaport area.