VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Haha. I just joined that group. People complaining about it, it must be fun!

Yeah, i miss the old El Toro lift. I thought it used to be faster but wasn't sure. When did they change it and what was it doing to the ride?

Going to try and take a quick run thru the Park today. My kids School has a faulty fire alarm sensor, and they have been going in at noon until 5pm at the other School's in my town. It kinda' messed up my early morning walkthru's.

Twister has FINALLY opened up again today. And i read Hurricane Harbor's operation's were a mess today. They moved the rope in the Wave Pool to the 3ft 6in part of the Pool and would not let anyone go in past it. Hundred's of people were crammed in that small portion of the Pool. And i find really terrible that they close at 5PM, and the latest it is open all season is 5:30.

Edited by Railer

^ Thank's. That's what i get for listening to idiot's on FB lol. I still think that is way too early though. I can understand not being open in Darkness, even with all the lighting on most attraction's it would be hard to see someone in trouble on the bottom of a pool in the dark. I complain every year about the early hours.

I have read with horror this forum and news about current problems with Kinda Ka and El toro coasters. I'm traveling to New York at the end of June all the way from Finland and going to visit the park at 29th or 30th of June or 1st of July. I have waited almost 10 years to get a change to ride those amazing coasters! Is it really so that Zumanjaro, Kingda Ka and El toro are currently out of operation?!

That would suck so much!!! Has anyone reliable information about current condition of those rides? I tried to phone the park but didn't manage to solve their answering machine jungle with my bad english. Didn't found the way to got an actual real person on the phone...

I also sent a note via their website but haven't got answered, at least yet....

I'm pretty worried after reading your recent comments here...

I would also like to know is there a lockers within or near every major ride where I can leave my belongings and how much do they cost?

It would be great to get some information about these things :-)

All have been currently running. Kingda Ka was closed for a couple of days 2 weeks ago but has since reopened. If any ride is going to have a planned closing, it will usually be on the park's website.

Lockers at the major rides are $1 for 1 time use (up to 2 hours) or you can pay $8 to use the lockers at all the rides the entire day (there is still a 2 hour limit per locker use but you don't have to pay $1 each time)

I know your travelling, and this may not be an option. But just "travel light" when you come in the park. I've never bought a Locker in my life, and never will. Just wear something that has good, deep pocket's for Wallet, Key's, and Phone, and leave anything else in the Car. Do any shopping after you have done all the rides you want to go on, on your way out of the Park. I usually will do lap around the Park at the end of my day, just for buying anything i saw that i wanted during the day. And also try to stay away from bringing alot of thing's that will set off the Metal Detectors (belt's, alot of piercings,etc) Your trip is still over a month away, but alot of the maintinance issues have already been worked out this year on El Toro and Ka, so barring any breakdown's, everything should be up and running just fine.

Thank you so much for your tips!

I’m actually arriving to New York already on next Tuesday. If the weather forecast look bad for the last week of June I might be visiting the park already on next weeks Friday (if the weather looks better on that day). Avoiding that though, cause the park might be more crowded then, than on weeksdays. At this point it looks that there might be some thunder storms ahead during my visit…

It’s good to know that all the major maintenance issues should be taking cared off for Ka and El toro. With Nitro those are the rides I am most graving to experience!!! Really can’t wait! :)

I’m actually arriving the park by bus using NJ transfer service. I’m still considering the possibility to leave all but wallet and phone behind. It might be difficult though, cause I have for instance handy cam I would like to take with me… It would be so nice to get shots also from my trip to the park… Might there be a problem to find free lockers at the rides?

It was also good to know about the metal detectors, thanks :)

^ There are no free lockers. Any loose articles have to go in a locker. Lockers are $1 per use, or $8 for the entire day. The $8 option lets you "move" the locker with you as you go from ride to ride. The official rule is that phones must be in a zippered or buttoned pocket, but it's not like they're going to check.

^ Sorry for my bad english. I actually understood that the lockers costs but I meant that could there be situation that there are no available lockers at the rides, all the lockers are taken... That would be problematic, if I decide to take some things with me, and then all the lockers are taken when I want to go in to ride... I could imagine that could happen when there are lots of crowds in the park...

I usually use lockers when I go barbecue I bring my camera, and I've never seen them out of lockers. I usually don't ride when the lines are long, though. If they are full, another set of lockers is probably just a 30 second walk away.

Good to know. I probably need to use those lockers on my visit.

If you plan on bringing things that would require a locker. I would go with the 8 dollar all day locker. With that locker, whenever you go to a new ride, you can move the locker to that ride also. It is great when you have a group, as everyone can pitch in 2-3 dollars. The lockers are decently sized, and slot can be put in them if you just take a minute and think about what goes where. About little while ago I went with some friends, and we were able to fit 2 girls mini purse handbag things (idk what they are called lol) , 3 Souvenir Cups, and everyone's phone and wallet in the locker. The 8 dollar locker is only worth it if you know you are going to switch lockers at least 8 times. If you plan on going no almost every ride, then you will definatley use it.

One more tip, which some people love, and some people hate, is to bring a small bag with you. Not a full backpack but one of those drawstring backpacks ( Like This : http://prntscr.com/7i7b6q )With one of these, you can put stuff in the bag when walking around. Lets say you win a prize, or buy some stuff when exiting the park, or go to the arcade, or anything else that involves carrying medium to larger sized objects. You arent going to want to walk around the entire day with them in your hands. You only have two hands, and so many pockets, so what do you do once they are full? Personally, i would bring a bag like this if you have it. Worst case scenario is you dont use it.

^ If I'll end up using lockers I'll definitely switch those at least 8 times so all day locker should be the best choice for me. Where can I buy this and how does it work?

If I decide bring more things than just wallet and phone I'll definitely bring my back-bag which is average in size. I imagine that should fit the lockers just fine...

My original plan was to visit the park either on monday, tuesday or wednesday at the last week of june to avoid big crowds but now the weather forecast predicts best weather on weekend. What do you think, If I visit the park on friday 26th or saturday 27th and buy the flash pass gold, will I have enough time to experience all the major rides at the park (even couple of times if possible ;) ) despite the big crowds?

Thank you all so much for your answers :)

Edited by JouniR.