VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

23 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Looks like the park is almost at Fright Fest level wait times today. Nitro 85 minutes, Justice League 90 minutes and some of the other major coasters around an hour. 

I went to the park around 7:30 last night. It must’ve died down since the afternoon because only JL and SkyWay had lines. Everything else was a station wait. Wonder was packing a sizeable line for the 8:00 show, with people waiting as far back as Cyborg with a line wrapped through Metropolis. I wouldn’t be shocked if the theater hit capacity with that showing.

Park was packed tonight. Got there around 4pm and stayed until almost 7. Nitro took 45 minutes (for front row),  and Justice League was an hour. The lines for food/drink were ridiculously long. The line to see Wonder was very long as well, the showing I went to was completely full. I don't know if crowds have been like this often, but they should really consider opening the rest of the park up to deal with these lines. 

Edited by SFGadv123

5 hours ago, SFGadv123 said:

I don't know if crowds have been like this often, but they should really consider opening the rest of the park up to deal with these lines. 

HitP is only really that busy during the week break between Christmas and New Year, when everyone is off work and school. Considering how the park is not very full the other 95% of the time, i'm not sure it'd be worth it from the park's perspective to staff and maintain another large section of the park when it'd sit almost completely empty during the rest of the event. Plus, I'm pretty sure Toro is very temperamental in the cold, Ka is notoriously unstable even in optimal conditions, and Zu would not be fun that high up in the cold. 3/4 major rides closed, leaving a very empty area of the park.

6 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Just was reading how SFMM was at capacity for their parking lot yesterday and extended HitP through next weekend.

Based on weather closures and SFGAm adding HiTP, I wouldn't be shocked if the highest attendance for 2018 was SFMM, SFGAm, and then SFGAdv.  It will be interesting to see how close Mexico gets to the 3 million visitors mark in coming years.  They have expanded their operating schedule for Q1 of 2019 and are working towards operating 365 days a year in future seasons.

Edited by Medusa42
typo

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

Based on weather closures and SFGAm adding HiTP, I wouldn't be shocked if the highest attendance for 2018 was SFMM, SFGAm, and then SFGAdv.  It will be interesting to see how close Mexico gets to the 3 million visitors mark in coming years.  They have expanded their operating schedule for Q1 of 2019 and are working towards operating 365 days a year in future seasons.

And it'll only get worse next year, as Maxx Force will almost certainly draw more crowds than Wonder Woman. GAdv has such a big market to tap into, being dead center of both NYC and Philly, but corporate refuses to make the changes that'll bring in crowds.

Yeah March 30th would have been nice, I'm just glad it isn't the 2nd weekend of April like in 2014 when Easter was also late. I hated having to wait until almost halfway into the month for the season to start.

Maybe hours aren't decided for those days yet? I don't think the park will be closed on either day.

It also looks like some July weekdays have a 9:30 closing instead of 10:00.

2 minutes ago, TylerRRC1972 said:

April 15, 16, 17 and 18 Closed? I feel this will change as most Schools are closed the week before this year.

I hope it changes but am expecting it might stay that way. A few years ago they used to be open the week before Easter and after Easter. Jackson schools and NYC schools are open on the the 15th to 18th.

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2019 at 10:02 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

I hope El Diablo will return this year, I hear rumors about there will be new loop with new computer controller to replace old joystick mode.

The ride was literally packed up and shipped to a different park, I’m not sure how you expect it to return LOL. 

On 2/11/2019 at 1:11 AM, GASM said:

The ride was literally packed up and shipped to a different park, I’m not sure how you expect it to return LOL. 

They could ship a new one in and have it up in under a week.  That's the rumor that's been going around since fall, that a new Super Loop with a programmed ride cycle will go in at that pad. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...