VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2022 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2022 at 8:08 AM, GAcoaster said:

I think an RMC it definitely in the park's future, the question is when and where... 

I agree. Seeing that ground-up hybrids are becoming more common (e.g. Zadra, some of Iron Gwazi's main structure, ArieForce One), it's possible that Six Flags will get in on that. Especially considering B&M price tags are back on the table.

• 2 weeks later...

From the annual report:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/us/sixflags3/SEC/sec-show.aspx?Type=html&FilingId=15600308&CIK=0000701374&Index=10000

In 2022, we are excited to add (i) the world's steepest dive roller coaster featuring a 95-degree drop at Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio, TX); (ii) the tallest and longest single rail coaster on the planet and record-breaking 20th roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia, CA); (iii) a state-of-the-art, all-new family cave ride experience and a first-of-its-kind in North America water coaster thrill ride at Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington, TX); (iv) a combination family coaster and animal exhibit experience at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo, CA); (v)  a 164 foot tall, dual action, spinning and looping thrill ride at Six Flags St. Louis (Eureka, MO) and a multi-level kids water play center featuring 4 slides and 71 interactive water features at Hurricane Harbor in Six Flags St. Louis (Eureka, MO); (vi) a 5-story, fast-paced waterslide stretching 500 feet in length at Six Flags White Water Atlanta (Marietta, GA); (vii) a brand-new Summer Vibes festival at Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ); (viii) DC Universe, a newly themed area featuring three reimagined attractions at Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL); (ix) a rebrand of the Jr. Thrillseekers family area and Medusa top-rail floorless coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ); and (x) a rebrand of Splashtown to Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Darien Lake with a brand-new, 60-foot water slide (Corfu, NY).

• 1 month later...

Off topic but can we all agree that the Jim Reid Anderson era of Six Flags additions that took place from 2012 - 2020 was absolutely awful? The chain focused on giving parks one addition per year and nothing else (no park improvements on anything) and often times parks with lots of money and were in high income areas class wise were prioritized. With the improvements GAdv has announced as well as the Medusa retheme, it makes me believe that the future of this park is incredibly bright and that the terrible JRA era is long gone.

Every management change is always looked at in retrospect as being the best and the worst depending on what aspects you're focused on. Premier was TERRRIBLE in so many ways, but they also added so many things that have really shaped the park. 

The pendulum always swings back and forth with one managements philosophy leaning toward family and smaller attractions then another deciding it's all about big thrills. This will always happen unless they get one steady management team.   

It doesn't matter who is managing the park it seems there is never any attempt to take care of it. I went to the park 2 weeks ago for the first time this season and it is literally crumbling. Best of the West is rotting, simply from neglect. Yum Yum Cafe is rotting, simply from neglect. The paint on Nitro is peeling off and the metal underneath is rusting. The cars on the Big Wheel are all peeling and some are missing. There are abandoned buildings all over the park and a junkyard right in the middle of the park only partially hidden by a fence. It's the first month the park was open for the season and it looks like it's been abandoned for years.

BOTW Log.jpg

• Like 1

The simulator building needs to go. it's a huge ugly eyesore, a giant gray warehouse in the middle of the park.

the paintball building needs to go and Dream Street reopened. they don't need to force people into the games area anymore. there are plenty of draws in that area.

Whether the buildings "look" abandoned or not, they are. And most of them do "look" abandoned. You can add the arena to the list, which is actually boarded up. Even some of the stupid billboards they have around the park are empty. Those REALLY need to go. 

And I can't believe they painted the Runaway Train cars white with multicolored handprints on them as a rolling billboard. That's disgusting!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Enchanted Forest Fanatic said:

And I can't believe they painted the Runaway Train cars white with multicolored handprints on them as a rolling billboard. That's disgusting!

I would call it far from disgusting that the park is using the coaster to help raise awareness for cancer. They do not benefit or profit from having the coaster promote a worthy cause except for demonstrating a commendable amount of goodwill.  

• Like 3

On 5/8/2022 at 11:37 AM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I would call it far from disgusting that the park is using the coaster to help raise awareness for cancer. They do not benefit or profit from having the coaster promote a worthy cause except for demonstrating a commendable amount of goodwill.

I fail to see how painting the cars white with multicolored hands on it raises awareness for cancer. If they want to raise awareness there are much better ways to do so. That is not the way or the place to do it.

• Like 1

I agree with both of you, it is indeed a worthy cause, but it is also not the best-looking wrap for the ride, especially from a distance. Somehow Kia on El Toro blends better with it's regular color, and Skull Mountain was just little stickers, and a few large banners. Twix on Twister looks ok I guess. Stride on El Toro really stood out though, Got 2B on Kingda Ka didn't stand out as much, Twix on Rolling Thunder was okish. Axe (I think) on Scream Machine didn't look the best on it. didn't like Rock Assurance on Mine Train, Polly-O on Mine Train was a little better, but would rather not have it wrapped. M&M's on Skyway is fun I guess, 

• Like 1