VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2008-- Weekends Through November 2nd!

GAcoaster

I was at the park today (SEPT 14th) for the last two hours and man was it hot today. It was a shame HH was not open because it would have been a great day there. So the last ride for the night was the Big Wheel as I got in the gondola the ride ops announced that it was the last run for the Big Wheel for the year. So I guess next week Dead Man's Party's stage will start to go up.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you meant to say the 14th :D. Unless you have mastered time travel at which point stop hogging it all to yourself lol :P

I'm now certainly glad that I got on the Big Wheel on Labor Day because I now have to wait for next season for a ride. It is too bad that they can't keep it open for FF since the sight of the park decorated from up there would be lots of fun.

I am going for Fright Fest on October 12th. I am looking forward to seeing what they've done this year.

I hope to have pictures and information but knowing my luck someone else will have all sorts of stuff prior to my trip. LOL.

It just happens that I always hit the FF late October.

BTW, are they still running both sides of Rolling Thunder? I was there in July and August and loved that they were running both sides. I hope they continue to do so forever and ever.

Details have been added to the Six Flags site on Fright Fest:

Chills by Night: The Awakening Parades

When the clock strikes 6 p.m., the sun goes down and the ghouls come out. Watch as the park transforms from "thrills by day" to "chills by night" with a dramatic procession of the walking dead and the resurrection of Dr. Fright. Runs from the Movietown to The Big Wheel.

Chills by Night: Dead & Local Music Showcase Shows

The Live & Local Music Showcase takes a sinester turn during Fright Fest featuring dark, local rockers on the Festival Stage in the Lakefront. Presented by SKITTLES®

Chills by Night: Dead Man’s Party Shows

Fright Fest’s most popular show returns at the Big Wheel with hit songs and red-hot choreography produced by "So You Think You Can Dance" first season’s runner up, Ashle Dawson. Located in Fantasy Forest at the Big Wheel. Presented by STARBURST®

Chills by Night: Demented Forest Shows

Venture through the dark side of a fairy tale swarming with ghosts, trolls and goblins. Brace yourself for this terror trail - you will encounter bizarre creatures in this fantasy gone wrong. Located next to Congo Rapids. Presented by Silent Hill®

Chills by Night: Escape from the Asylum Shows

Fright Fest unveils a new terror trail where you become the mental patient trying to break free from the madness. Located in Movietown. Presented by Snickers®

Chills by Night: Haunted Midways Shows

Themed areas provide more walk-through thrills such as the Lakefront Graveyard where restless spirits roam our fog-filled cemeteries and zombies lurk throughout the park’s midways. Plus, Boardwalk will transition to a demented circus filled with side show freaks and deranged clowns, called Circus Psycho; and guests will be terrorized by ghoulish cowboys and southern specters in the Bone Butcher Terror-Tory.

Chills by Night: Hypnosteria Shows

An amazing mentalist/comic hypnotist exercises his power of suggestion on audience participants in the Showcase Theater. Presented by Milky Way®

Chills by Night: Monster Mash Bash Shows

Kids and parents alike can join Frankenstein, Wolfie, The Count and Igor in this spooktacular musical extravaganza, evenings during Fright Fest. Sing and dance to Halloween renditions of classic pop songs. Located in Bugs Bunny National Park. Presented by M&M’s

Chills by Night: Scabs the Clown & Sideshow Freaks Shows

Guests can watch these sideshow freaks perform amazing feats of oddity in Circus Psycho. Located on Boardwalk.

Chills by Night: Voyage to Voodoo Island Shows

Evenings during Fright Fest, explore the world of the enchanting Atlantic bottlenose dolphin and California sea lion in a special Halloween-themed, magical mayhem of hilarious hijinks and be spellbound by the agility and intelligence of these lovable marine mammals. Located at Fort Independence.

Chills by Night: Wheel of Fright Shows

Six Flags Great Adventure will add a new twist of chill to this year’s Wheel of Fright, as this season Six Flags will Save a Cockroach and give you the opportunity to test your gag reflexes and sample other creepy crawlers. Our not so ’live’-ly hosts will invite daring guests to spin the Wheel of Fright for a chance to win front of the line access when the wheel lands on one of five Fright Fest-worthy items. Located in the Fantasy Forest near the Fantasy Fling. Presented by TWIX®

Chills by Night: Zambora Shows

Watch as the beautiful Zambora of the Amazon summons the animal within and transforms into a ferocious gorilla beast. Located on Boardwalk.

Resurrection of the Marshmallow Man Shows

The massive, one-of-a-kind Bengal tiger habitat features "Resurrection of the Marshmallow Man," an enthralling, Halloween-themed show evenings during Fright Fest. Watch amazing Bengal tigers take turns stealing the spotlight as they display animal athleticism through natural behaviors like jumping, swimming, pouncing and playing. Located in the Golden Kingdom at Temple of the Tiger. Evenings during Fright Fest.

Thrills by Day: Dawn of the Dead & Local Shows

Creep on over to the Runaway Country Stage for some live music from local bands in the Bone Butcher Terror-Tory. Saturdays and Sundays only.

Thrills by Day: Kids Costume Parade Parades

October 18, 19, 25 & 26 children 12 and under can participate in a costume parade at 3 p.m. that winds from Granny’s Country Kitchen to Wiggles World. Bring the kids out to show off their Halloween finest!

Thrills by Day: Masked Perception Shows

Head over to the Looney Tunes Screamport for a magic and comedy show that will leave the whole family amazed. Runs Saturdays and Sundays during Fright Fest.

Thrills by Day: Professor Slither’s Creepy Critter Shows

Professor Slither and his ghoulish gang will introduce some of the creepiest critters including rats, bats, tarantulas and bearded dragons. Watch and learn as they dispel the frightening myths and phobias behind these amazing creatures and teach the importance of their roles in our ecosystem. Located in the Gazeboo on Main Street.

Thrills by Day: Trick-or-Treat Trail Shows

Kids can fill their candy bags in the Fantasy Forest on Saturdays and Sundays during Fright Fest. Stop by the Trick-or-Treat trail between noon and 5 p.m. to receive a yummy treat from your favorite Looney Tunes characters. Located next to the Character Cafe.

It looks like a great and mostly new lineup for this year. Not the names but the locations of some things. Having Showcase and Chiller open will bring that part of the park back to life. And the Trail behind Seaport looks like it could be really good. I hope they open up the Old Country but I don't think they will. It would be good to have it open just to have guest traffic a little more manageable.

OK so I[m officially pissed off. Anyone read the site yet where it states both the Demented Forest and Escape from the Asylum require an additional fee to access this year. Guess that counts me out since money is kinda tight right now. I already paid to access the park for the year, now they want me to shell out more for a stupid walk through, when I could have gone to tons of concerts and other stuff for free all year. Yeah right, I'm actually reconsidering even going for FF right now I'm so heated!

Well for me every little penny counts right now which is why the park has been such a treat especially this year. Paying more just puts me in a tough situation and I know that to some of you that might seem fickle and stuff, but for me it's just the facts I have to deal with right now. The park is going to turn some people off with that I feel.

This isn't the first time the park is charging for a terror trail. In 1999 there was a fee to experience Brutal Planet which was a walk through in the Garden of Eatin' (Old Country Picnic) area. The attraction was pretty elaborate and the lines were minimal. The following year Brutal Planet returned over near the Log Flume but without an entrance fee and the quality of the trail was not as good.

I hope that this year's trails are really good if they are going to be charging for them. However, my bigger concern is the number of people who will opt not to experience the trails and instead queue-up for the regular rides. With the huge Fright Fest crowds, in seasons past the lines for the rides were extreme and now with the possibility that the trails won't be keeping people busy, the lines are only going to get longer. With fewer rides this season, this could become its own type of "nightmare"!

Without the help of Musik Express, Autobahn, Houdini (unless they reopen them) and 15 other rides gone since 1999, this Fright Fest is sure to be interesting on Saturdays and Sundays. Charging is a plus if the walk thrus are going to be like Brutal Planet. If you go on a Saturday or Sunday, get all the rides out of the way as fast as you can!

There is a new contest on the Official Site, where you can have your house decked out with "Official" Fright Fest Prop's, and have 4 ghouls at your house on Halloween. Sounds like they liked the idea of Backyard Fright Fest too. With the first prize you also win four Passes for 09', and 4 day tickets. Each park I believe has a winner, and you have to live within 30 miles of the park you enter the contest at. You can enter as many times as you like, and they announce the winner around the 20th. of Oct. I alredy have entered quite a few times, so you all better get busy.

Well that sucks that they are charging extra for the haunted houses and terrior trails. Dorney has great houses that are free, GAdv has so many upcharge stuff now like Qbot, locker nazis, etc that it is pissing me off. I didn't do the 99 Brutal Planet because it was upcharge but the next year BP was free and it was still good. I am sorry but I just think it is low and it makes SF and GAdv look desperate which usually turns people away.

It's economic necessity.

They are practically GIVING TICKETS AWAY, but they need to add MORE STAFF just to run these Fright Fest attractions. I'm sure they'll get a lot of complaints and it may cause them to reverse their decisions, but they got a lot of complaints in past years because the walk throughs were less than stellar due to lack of actors and no money to pay for new props and things. As it is, he park is giving away more at Fright Fest in terms of additional dollars spent, but doesn't raise the gate price for it. I don't think it's unreasonable to have some attractions as upcharges. It may be that they are contracting them out, and the money is paying the contractors who are then responsible for the content and hiring enough staff to run them.

I am not sure how much it will be for the attractions, but i am sure it will be somewhat reasonble. Also i am glad they are charging a fee to run it this season, it means they will make money witch will improve the trail and maybe allow more trails to be added in the future. It will also keep the destuctful crowd out of the trail witch will make it safer