VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Panorama Wheel

GAcoaster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the object is behind the Panorama Wheel? It looks to be temporary and nothing shaped like that was ever on any of the maps (although those aren't always the most accurate resource). I'm assuming Fender Bender Bumper Cars is pictured on the left.

gallery_2_4_175863.jpg

I believe what you see behind the Panorama Wheel is the Shooting Galary that stood there for some time. I believe it was called the "Safari Shootout." That is definitely the Fender Bender bumper cars to the left and the rotor would have been to the right of the shooting galary. Actually, the "Super Cat" was to the right of the shooting gallery and the rotor was to the right of the Super Cat... See the 1977 park map.

Edited by Daved Thomson

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Little Wheel, from what I could remember, was maybe about 100 feet. The gondola's would rock back and forth just enough that the ride operator would issue warnings when the ride stopped to let people on/off. It wasn't too dangerous, but I can still remember that "small chain" that was the security at the time.

I always thought you could get a pretty good view of most of the park, especially of Lightning Loops and Roaring Rapids. That part of the park and the Best of the West section were always my favorites.

One of these days, I'm going to head back there and visit the park, while also comparing today's version of it to my days of going there when it was brand new.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Great info....I do remember them spinning, but boy were they heavy. I've been digging around trying to find info about Soli and all I've got is they make bumper cars. But no info about their days at making Ferris Wheels. Could well be ours was from Marco Polo Park here in Florida? It closed right after Walt Disney World openned which would have been 72-73 that the park closed.

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting theory and one I agree with you on. Here's why. If you look at all of the videos and still photos that you have imported to the site, most of them are from Dream Street and Rootin' Tootin' Rip Roarin'. (Best of the West). Even the parking lot. There were so many great rides tucked away in Fun Fair.

If I went back there today, I could remember exactly where all of those once-great rides once stood.