VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Announcements for '09 Season

Railer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kind of new to this coaster and theme park enthusiast atmosphere, so I am a bit confused. Why would someone complain about Kingda Ka or any other major improvement? Do they have valid complaints or are they just bashing xyz ride manufacturer? Or are they complaining about internal organizational issues and information that may not be privy to the general public?

Edited by Eric

I am kind of new to this coaster and theme park enthusiast atmosphere, so I am a bit confused. Why would someone complain about Kingda Ka or any other major improvement? Do they have valid complaints or are they just bashing xyz ride manufacturer? Or are they complaining about internal organizational issues and information that may not be privy to the general public?

The complaints form GA enthusiasts were mostly about how the ride didn't do anything more than Top Thrill Dragster, and thought it should have been more creative. Of course, 15 year-olds playing Roller Coaster Tycoon think that the budget should have been unlimited and it could be the world's tallest fastest coaster, be 5 minutes long, with 10 inversions and a wooden standup 4th dimension all at the same time. People on the internet just seem to want to complain about everything. I always have to point out when people complain about something (like they did with the Dark Knight) that it could be worse...we could be one of the parks that gets NOTHING.

^In all honesty this is the same that you see all over the place. No matter what it is someone is going to complain about it, and their mind has been made up on the subject before even knowing all about it. You can never please people. Had they gone and put something like TDK in to coincide with Batman Begins instead of KK when they did, people would have complained that it was nothing but a mouse and the ride should have been more significant. So either way people were not going to be happy about it. Lets be honest if you pleased everyone, then I'd be afraid to see what the product was.

People complained about El Toro ("it should be longer", "it should have been in the woods", etc.), and that is a nearly perfect coaster just as it is.

I can only imagine the reactions if it turns out the only new things for next season are (just as an example) a Tornado slide for HH and a new float for Glow in the Park.

^ The second part of El Toro should have been enclosed. :P

The complaints and comments can sometimes be critical and can get some results. The Source set wanted a new themed area after Nitro opened. In 2005, the park opened The Golden Kingdom and in '06 Hernandos Hideaway was remodeled...well...and Bugs Bunny National Park and in 2007 Wiggles World opened. I never thought of a new area and I didn't think it would be needed or possible. I always thought that only rehabbing existing areas were necessary. I think the company is influenced by SOME forums.

You can't make all the people happy, all the time. Personally, I don't think the Park has made a bad decision in a while when it comes to new Attraction's. But that is just me, whatever the park put's in as a new Ride i'm usually happy with it. But now that I heard about a Wooden, 4th. Dimension Coaster, with Ten Inversion's that is 5min. long, anything less will be a dissapointment. :D

Anyone want to place bets on what the other Six Flags park will receive? These are the latest rumors from Screamscape:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (CA) - Animal exhibit

Six Flags Magic Mountain (CA) - GCI wooden coaster / Terminator themed

Six Flags Over Georgia - ???

Six Flags Great America (IL) - Mack Splash Battle

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - ???

Six Flags America (MD) - ???

Six Flags New England (MA) - medium sized coaster

Six Flags St Louis (MO) - Mack Splash Battle / HH water slide

The Great Escape (NY) - "Iconic" and "stunning" major new ride

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Kiddie Area (Thomas or Wiggles)

Six Flags Over Texas - Glow in the Park Parade

La Ronde (Canada) - ???

Six Flags Mexico - The Dark Knight from SFNE

Where is our Rumor? (other than HH)

My question was geared more towards what "the other Six Flags park will receive" being we have some specualtion theads already about GA/HH, but here you go.

Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) - New GITP float, Slide for HH, ???

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (CA) - Animal exhibit

Six Flags Magic Mountain (CA) - GCI wooden coaster / Terminator themed

Six Flags Over Georgia - ???

Six Flags Great America (IL) - Mack Splash Battle

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - ???

Six Flags America (MD) - ???

Six Flags New England (MA) - medium sized coaster

Six Flags St Louis (MO) - Mack Splash Battle / HH water slide

The Great Escape (NY) - "Iconic" and "stunning" major new ride

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Kiddie Area (Thomas or Wiggles)

Six Flags Over Texas - Glow in the Park Parade

La Ronde (Canada) - ???

Six Flags Mexico - The Dark Knight from SFNE

If I were SFNE, I would be applying for building permits NOW !!! :)

I think they changed the laws in Mass. so SFNE won't run into problems again. But I would still apply now anyway if I were them. Just to be on the safe side. :huh: And if we recieve a new Float I would bet the other Park's that have the Parade this year would also get new one's too.