VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Announcements for '09 Season

Railer

Updated Update:

Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) - Medusa redesign (confirmed), New GITP float?, Slide for HH?

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (CA) - Animal exhibit

Six Flags Magic Mountain (CA) - Terminator wooden coaster (confirmed)

Six Flags Over Georgia - Monster Mansion - Monster Plantation dark ride rehab (confirmed)

Six Flags Great America (IL) - Buccaneer Battle - Mack Splash Battle (confirmed)

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - ???

Six Flags America (MD) - ???

Six Flags New England (MA) - Revamp of Superman Ride of Steel (confirmed)

Six Flags St Louis (MO) - Glow in the Park Parade and Wahoo Racer 6-lane mat racer slides (confirmed)

The Great Escape (NY) - Sasquatch Twin S&S tower ride relocated from SFNO (confirmed)

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Wiggles World (confirmed)

Six Flags Over Texas - Glow in the Park Parade (confirmed)

La Ronde (Canada) - ???

Six Flags Mexico - The Dark Knight from SFNE

So the parks that are still left unconfirmed are: DK and Mexico

And the parks without any news are Kentucky Kingdom, SF America, and La Ronde.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Update:

Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) - Medusa redesign (confirmed), New GITP float?, Slide for HH?

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (CA) - Odin's Temple of the Tiger (confirmed)

Six Flags Over Georgia - Monster Mansion - Monster Plantation dark ride rehab (confirmed)

Six Flags Great America (IL) - Buccaneer Battle - Mack Splash Battle (confirmed)

Six Flags St Louis (MO) - Glow in the Park Parade and Wahoo Racer 6-lane mat racer slides (confirmed)

The Great Escape (NY) - Sasquatch Twin S&S tower ride relocated from SFNO (confirmed)

La Ronde (Canada) - ???

Six Flags Mexico - The Dark Knight from SFNE

So the parks that are still left unconfirmed are: Mexico

• 2 weeks later...

The park built new infrastructure backstage to support the GITPP so that definitely figured into it. there is a new maintenance shed back there under nitro by the firehouse. plus the costumes, and electronics for the floats, it had a lot of upfront costs. the staff was not an issue because it pulled all of the day shift entertainment crew that was already there, like the Costume characters and handlers. Same with security. so i think less money will be needed for the parade, which means more for new rides.

People complained about El Toro ("it should be longer", "it should have been in the woods", etc.), and that is a nearly perfect coaster just as it is.

I can only imagine the reactions if it turns out the only new things for next season are (just as an example) a Tornado slide for HH and a new float for Glow in the Park.

and Medusa 2.0 15.jpg

and whatever this is

9-2.jpg

sorry if i kinda am off topic

and once you think of it, there probably going to do somthing over by old county/movietown(please don't touch that part of movietown , it's my favorite) and the former site of Kowla Canyon

Edited by JetzFan14

The paint on the supports of Medusa is chipping, so I see a new paint job in their future as well. That was a good close up of the blue track.

As for the Movietown section, I'd like to see a coaster of some sort utilize the scenery offered by Chiller's old tower; that always intrigued me.

The paint on the supports of Medusa is chipping, so I see a new paint job in their future as well. That was a good close up of the blue track.

As for the Movietown section, I'd like to see a coaster of some sort utilize the scenery offered by Chiller's old tower; that always intrigued me.

That's right what i'm talking about there! and i did'nt take the photo. It's from gadv.com.

but keep all the utiltys in there the same such as, "Blue parrot restrooms","Snowy's Snacks","Showcase Theather", and possibly,"Forzen Cokea-cola

People complained about El Toro ("it should be longer", "it should have been in the woods", etc.), and that is a nearly perfect coaster just as it is.

I can only imagine the reactions if it turns out the only new things for next season are (just as an example) a Tornado slide for HH and a new float for Glow in the Park.

I agree that people will always find something to complain about. Proof is in the words... I just can't imagine complaining about anything when it comes to El Toro. I am a steel coaster fan, mostly because I love the inversions, but El Toro, that blew my mind. That was the best wooden coaster I have been on. Kwazee in Busch Gardens, Tampa is an awesome wooden coaster too, but El Toro blew it away. like someone else said...you just can't please everybody. Bottom line, GA is an awesome park with great rides and thats that!!! Thanks for listening. Happy coastering everyone!!!

Another Update:

La Ronde (Canada) - ???

Six Flags Mexico - The Dark Knight from SFNE (confirmed)

And yet another update:

Six Flags America (MD) - expanded concert line-up

La Ronde (Canada) - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, live! walk-through attraction (confirmed)

And the park without any news is Kentucky Kingdom.

• 1 month later...

i was just thinkin how annoying that frickin paintball thingy is....ITS IN THE WAY!!! ok.. i know the blocked it off 2 get people into the boardwalk area, but that was b4 superman n stuff...also alot of people take that way 2 kingda ka sooooo... move that paintball place so i can finally enjoy an undisurbed walk.. lol

• 2 months later...
And yet another update:

Six Flags America (MD) - expanded concert line-up

La Ronde (Canada) - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, live! walk-through attraction (confirmed)

And the park without any news is Kentucky Kingdom.

Screamscape has posted that according to a season pass mailer Kentucky Kingdom will get a new simulator film called Discover The Secrets of the Lost Temple. That means each park will be getting something new.

The scorecard is now:

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - New simulator film called Discover The Secrets of the Lost Temple (confirmed)

Six Flags America (MD) - expanded concert line-up (confirmed)

hey think about it this way. In the summer, when it's warm out people see and indoor attraction and figure we should get out of the sun. No matter what's in the simulator it's gonna be packed in those conditions. The real test is how many go back to see it multiple times.

^ Thanks Josh, I forgot to update GA's!

The scorecard is now:

Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) - Medusa redesign (confirmed), New GITP float (confirmed), Big Wheel Rehab (confirmed), ??? ;)

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - New simulator film called Discover The Secrets of the Lost Temple (confirmed)

Six Flags America (MD) - expanded concert line-up (confirmed)