VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Announcements for '09 Season

Railer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully ALL parks are getting the permits and approvals from their local planning boards right now. :unsure:

Approval's from the Jackson Board are all public knowledge aren't they? I know Harry mentioned one time in a Post he was at a meeting. Do they have hearing's when the Application comes in for something new? Or do they only do Approval's a certain time of the year?

Jackson Township Planning Board agendas can be found here. Many times Great Adventure seems to be added to the agenda just a couple of days before the next meeting. The current agenda contains applications all the way out to November 17th but that doesn't mean additional ones won't be added.

The meetings are open to the public.

Thank's Harry. It is a site I will frequent, to see what's going on. It must be a good resource at least once a year, if something new is being built. Do they usually make the "New Attraction" announcement first, or can you sometimes find out first on the Jackson site?

Usually the Planning Board Meeting precedes the official announcement. The details revealed at the meetings are sometimes very vague - just a general description, attraction type, height, location (as in "to be built in a developed section of the park not requiring the removal of trees"), etc.

Updated Update:

Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) - New GITP float, Slide for HH, ???

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (CA) - Animal exhibit

Six Flags Magic Mountain (CA) - GCI wooden coaster / Terminator themed

Six Flags Over Georgia - Monster Plantation Rehab

Six Flags Great America (IL) - Mack Splash Battle

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - ???

Six Flags America (MD) - ???

Six Flags New England (MA) - medium sized coaster

Six Flags St Louis (MO) - Glow in the Park Parade (confirmed) and Wahoo Racer (6-lane mat racer slides)

The Great Escape (NY) - Sasquatch Twin S&S tower ride (relocated form SFNO)

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Kiddie Area (Thomas or Wiggles)

Six Flags Over Texas - Glow in the Park Parade (confirmed)

La Ronde (Canada) - ???

Six Flags Mexico - The Dark Knight from SFNE

Updated Update:

Six Flags Over Georgia - Monster Plantation Rehab (confirmed)

Six Flags Great America (IL) - Mack Splash Battle

Six Flags New England (MA) - medium sized coaster

Six Flags St Louis (MO) - Glow in the Park Parade (confirmed) and Wahoo Racer (6-lane mat racer slides)

The Great Escape (NY) - Sasquatch Twin S&S tower ride (confirmed - relocated form SFNO)

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Wiggles World (confirmed)

La Ronde (Canada) - ???

These parks are keeping you on your toes Harry. And I will second the motion for Holiday in the Park at the expense of anything else :) I have to say I'm really having fun with this speculation and stuff and I think the main reason is that when I began reading last year this type of stuff (as well as spotlights) really drew me in :)

From what I have read Online, these are the first wave of announcements, and to be considerd the "minor" ones. The big stuff is still to come, and since we have not had anything for GA yet.... How much of the 96mil. that they are spending for new attraction's for "09" will be our's? I'd bet around 22 or 25mil. I can think of some great thing's for that amount.

From what I have read Online, these are the first wave of announcements, and to be considerd the "minor" ones. The big stuff is still to come, and since we have not had anything for GA yet.... How much of the 96mil. that they are spending for new attraction's for "09" will be our's? I'd bet around 22 or 25mil. I can think of some great thing's for that amount.

I wouldn't count on any more than the $10 million they spent last season ($7.5 Million on TDK and $2.5 on GITP)

I would have to imagine that would be it. Either that or something else going into a waterpark at one of their locations. Trademark applications can really be handy sometimes when looking at stuff like this because those have to be out of the way well before announcements are made sometimes. Then again some companies like to trademark names they never use to keep secrets so you never know.

Updated Update:

Six Flags Over Georgia - Monster Mansion - Monster Plantation dark ride rehab (confirmed)

Six Flags Great America (IL) - Buccaneer Battle - Mack Splash Battle (confirmed)

Six Flags New England (MA) - Revamp of Superman Ride of Steel

Six Flags St Louis (MO) - Glow in the Park Parade and Wahoo Racer (6-lane mat racer slides) (confirmed)

The Great Escape (NY) - Sasquatch Twin S&S tower ride (confirmed - relocated form SFNO)

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Wiggles World (confirmed)

La Ronde (Canada) - ???