VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Medusa - Changes in the works

Well, according to the recent ACE newsletter, it may be a DC related theme. It looks like there is a round of viral marketing this year as well:

Those keeping up on all things Six Flags know that two popular coasters in the Six Flags chain, both of which located in the North East, are set to receive major make-overs this spring. Those coasters include Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England and our very own 10 years young B&M floorless coaster, Medusa at Six Flags Great Adventure. Up in New England, a very cool viral marketing campaign involving a corporation known as Clawshun Industries, associated with the well known Superman villain, Lex Luthor, is responsible for the transformation taking place on Superman: Ride of Steel. Recent drive-bys have indicated that Superman's track had been painted purple. Similarly, Medusa's track has been painted dark blue keeping with the same blue/purple color combination as Superman, only in reverse (Medusa's new blue track and old purple supports). Back at the end of December, those who are Clawshun Industries "shareholders" or signed up on their website received Happy Holiday wishes from the company and a personal phone call from Lex himself when you input your phone number on the website. Concurrently, a letter from Lex Luthor would appear on your computer screen. Here is an excerpt from that letter:

"Harold, I've reviewed your status report on the current development of the "property" acquired in New England and while I agree with your theories on the potential growth opportunities in the area, it has never been in my nature to think small. Now that we have a foothold in the far Northeast, it's time we expand our operation in New Jersey as well. As is customary, any details relating to this acquisition must be kept strictly under wraps. I'm sure you're aware of the dire repercussions for any information leaked to the Daily Planet linking Clawshun's land development to LexCorp."

So it appears Medusa is headed for some sort of DC superhero theme but this is all we know for now. Stay tuned!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool for a DC Theme for Medusa, but in the Frontier Adventure section of the park? Kinda of like putting a square peg in a round hole, it just does not fit. I am still holding out for Deuce or Blackjack but it isin't looking good.

I think Lobo wore a Cowboy Hat sometimes. :huh: I'm not even sure if he was DC though, and either way, it just don't fit. If Medusa was anywhere in the park but the corner of the park it's in, a Villian or Superhero theme would be alright. But after walking by a giant Fort and Stagecoach the last thing I want to see is a Lex Luthor coaster.

it really doesn't make sence to put a DC theme in.

What else have they done that doesn't make sence? Superman being in a Boardwalk section, it would fit better in Movietown. What about Medusa being there in the first place other than the station saying Medusa mining company. Somethings they do dont make sence but doesn't mean it isnt imposible to have done.

What else have they done that doesn't make sence? Superman being in a Boardwalk section, it would fit better in Movietown. What about Medusa being there in the first place other than the station saying Medusa mining company. Somethings they do dont make sence but doesn't mean it isnt imposible to have done.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

• 2 weeks later...

A new Clawshun Industries Website has been launched with Exclusive Medusa and Superman pics. They are non-stop with anoouncement's and now the Viral Marketing Campaign is kicking in high gear. Thing's are looking really Great!!! :clap::clap:

see the ride

Edited by Railer