VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Medusa - Changes in the works

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some thinking and what I think may be a clue from someone on this site, I think I have an idea for a re-theme. My guess is an Old West Poker Player. And for a name, how about Black Jack or Deuce. It would fit Frontier Adventures perfect, and with the popularity of Texas Hold Em' nowadays it doesen't seem too bad an idea. And it would be very original for a Coaster Theme. The pre-show could be a "Card game gone bad" with a Shootout, and you have to get out of town (on the Train) dodgeing bullet's along the way. Just an idea I had and I figured I'd throw it out there.

Evertone has a "Snake" Themed Roller Coaster. There's like 2 or 3 new one's opening in "09". Medusa would be a considerd a copy of one of those. I can picure on-ride audio of gunshot's with ricochet's, and water barrel's exploding around the Train. And to top it off, Dynamite blast's for the Fire Effect's. And this Theme open's up ALOT of story possibilities for a Pre-Show. Storytelling, is what I am thinking. TDK on a bigger and more elaborite scale.

Picture this for a BlackJack logo. Instead of Medusa's Head, picture the meanest looking Cowboy you can think of with four Ace's behind him. With Track twisted all thru the picture, and BlackJack across the bottom. The same shape and size of the current logo for the Ride (and basically every other Coaster Logo). I think it's more original than a Snake or Scorpion theme, because it hasn't been done yet. The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.

From the Medusa page on the national website:

Medusa will amaze you all over again when it's redesigned and enhanced in 2009. Prepare for a multi-sensory ride experience with all-new thematics and innovative, state-of-the-art visual, audio and sensory effects launching it into another dimension of thrills and excitement.

Fright Fest offers you three final days (October 31, November 1, 2) to experience the world's first floorless coaster before it's transformed. Don't miss your last chance to be spellbound by Medusa.

Now, this seems to contradict itself as far as the ride getting a name change.

First it says "Medusa will amaze you all over again"

Then it says

"Don't miss your last chance to be spellbound by Medusa"

Which to me is hinting that the name IS being changed. This is very confusing, IMHO.

If they retheme Medusa, they should have it as a mining theme. Here's what I would want it to look like.

Rename Suggestion: Gold Rusher

They should re-do the sign to have a crazy miner a pick ax and some nuggets of gold (the miner from Johnny Bravo is a perfect example). The queue should have mine carts and shovels placed all around. In the station, these speils shoud be played

Boarding

"YEEHAW!! Howdy! I here there is gold under this hear theme park. (does a wheezy laugh) And your gonna helps me find it!! When your mine vehicle comes to a stop, pull down on them shoulder harnesses and fasten them seat belts also. Hang on folks, this is gonna be some wild ride. YEEHAW!!

Exiting

"YEEHAW!!! I sees that you have survived this wild ride. When the mine vehicle comes to a stop, unbuckle them seat belts and also raise them shoulder harnesses. Y'all come back soon, ya hear. YEEHAW!!"

Also, they should play this music as part of its new soundtrack

Luis L.

Edited by Luis L