VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Medusa - Changes in the works

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...interesting. The blue looks very close to the color of Medusa's sister out at SFMM:

SCREAM1.jpg

I wonder if it will get the same color scheme?

Also interesting they have started working on it already. Hopefully it's because they want to get its paint done so the crew can paint a bunch of other things around the park that need it even more, like the Big Wheel and the Parachutes.

Wow.

I really hope we don't Scream's color scheme. It would make absolutely no sense if it was themed to some random thing like that.

If the park really does read these forums, take it from me; an employee who listens to guest's opinions every day, and has great ideas of his own:

Theme this ride western. And please don't half a** it. You have a real chance with this project, please, for your own sake, don't mess it up.

I think it is a Primer Coat so they can paint it a darker color. If you tried to go from Neon Green to a darker color, the Green would show thru. I really don't think they will stay with the Blue, it just doesen't fit the area at all, and they won't make the same mistake twice with Medusa. It would also explain why they have started painting so early also, they are going to do a couple of coat's of paint.

Have faith in the team Mark Kane has in place. Their track record since he took over is the best it's been in year's. They really haven't made any Boneheaded moves, since he took over the top spot with the park (yet, anyway). And after tommorrow it will be up to Flyin' Phil to keep us up to date on what's going on with it. Unless there is a way to see Medusa from the Road's behind GA, whitch I will investigate after the Season is over, and once all the Leaves drop from the Tree's.

Have faith in the team Mark Kane has in place. Their track record since he took over is the best it's been in year's. They really haven't made any Boneheaded moves, since he took over the top spot with the park (yet, anyway). And after tommorrow it will be up to Flyin' Phil to keep us up to date on what's going on with it. Unless there is a way to see Medusa from the Road's behind GA, whitch I will investigate after the Season is over, and once all the Leaves drop from the Tree's.

You can. All the trees looks like this during the winter...

129014.jpg

And you can even see the animals and stuff.

129012.jpg

129011.jpg

Edited by Josh Davidson

Wow.

I really hope we don't Scream's color scheme. It would make absolutely no sense if it was themed to some random thing like that.

If the park really does read these forums, take it from me; an employee who listens to guest's opinions every day, and has great ideas of his own:

Theme this ride western. And please don't half a** it. You have a real chance with this project, please, for your own sake, don't mess it up.

Well said Chris :thumbup1:

Luis L.

If they were going to use Scream's color scheme they wouldn't be painting all the Track Blue. They would not be painting the Rail's the same color as the lower portion of the Track. Don't worry about Scream. Our color's will be darker.

they're gonna have music on the ride... on the website it says they're doin it like the X2...but what kind of music do u have since its in a country western area? as far as the colors, it should match the area, but a brown n yellow coaster? i like it...but im sure a lot of people wouldnt like it... how about an orange?? lol well im goin on it tmrw (sunday nov 2) 1 last time.. i love this ride.. i sit in the back on all coaster but on medusa since im tall, i hit my legs on the seats in front of me when it goes thru the twists.. lol.. but this ride is soo smooth.. i go on it everytime i go.. its a must.. wonder it theyre gonna change any ride elements..

The "new" Medusa's track has been partially painted bright blue and has signs that say it will open May 15th!

Yup. It looks pretty cool, and it will undergo "Funstruction" soon. I have a feeling that it will be open for the beginning of the season, and those signs were only put up for reinforcement just in case. I think they just used the same signs as they did for Dark Knight, and that's why it says May 15. I can't see how anyone's foresight would be THAT good.

On another note, I have found the music used in Medusa's station, adding its sound effects to my memory bank. :)

Hmmm...interesting. The blue looks very close to the color of Medusa's sister out at SFMM:

SCREAM1.jpg

You have to wonder about the whole "Scream" theme. The official Medusa blurb on their website says:

The world’s first floorless coaster, Medusa, is getting a dramatic transformation in 2009. Get ready to scream all over again.
;)

I really hope this does not turn into a Clone of Scream. They have a good opportunity to turn Medusa into something great, and come up with a "never seen before" Theme. I am still holding out for Black Jack or Deuce, but with this Scream phrase on the Website, I am getting worried. With this news I would even be happy with a "Snake" Theme before Scream2. How about Rattler.

I also would rather not see Medusa turned into a Scream clone but it sure iss looking that way, there is a wise saying among gearheads that many park managements don't get, if it ain't broke don't fix it.