Medusa - Changes in the works

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw the "Resolve" commercial for GAdv and noticed what it said....

"Resolve to launch into a new dimension on the transformed Medusa."

Two words jump out at me; launch and dimension. Are they hinting at something? Obviously, a launched coaster or a 4th dimension coaster are seemingly impossible for an existing coaster. If those are meant to hint at something, I would guess it would be a new style train if anything. Let the speculation continue!

I just hope this makeover for Medusa will be more than just new paint and signs.

Yeah, first they tell us were going to get a new HH slide and a new GLOW float AND something for the park. Weve practically already eliminated 2 of those ideas, seeing it is VERY unlikely they will happen, if the park gives up on this MEdusa transformation, they'll be no reason for me to welcome the new 2009 season. I would love our park either way, but am I going to start counting down the days untill opening day to run throught the park to see a blue Medusa and maybe a new sign? I think not!

I'm getting the impression it's more than that, and MIGHT even be more than anyone expects for Medusa.

As for the new GITP float, I haven't heard anything about it being canceled. If you're saying that because there wasn't anything in Phil's flyover, you should realize you don't see ANY of the GITP floats since they are all kept in that big white building behind the Stunt Arena, and we still have about 5 months until GITP starts again anyway.

It would not be very bright of GAdv to leave floats outside all winter to get weather beaten. At this point I don't think they have given up on Medusa's makeover but we don't know how much of a rehab they are planning at this point.

Have faith people. I think medusa will be something really good after they are done with it. I know not everyone will be happy with whatever they do, not everyone is ever happy with the what the park does. I think they are going to refine and perfect what they did with X-2 with Medusa and Superman this year. I think they are going to do a pre-show, and the ride will compliment the story that they are going to tell in the pre-show, either as a "getaway" or just a wild ride on something out of control. I think the on-ride audio will be in sync with special effects along the course of the ride. The cobra roll and everything after the trim's are pretty low to the ground so they have alot of track to work with to add effect's and/or tunnel's. I think in a few month's we will all be surprised with what they do to our Medusa.

• 2 weeks later...