VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Medusa - Changes in the works

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't surprise me with the rest of the idiotic decisions this state likes to make while still making nothing better.

The laws in NJ regarding amusement rides are more stringent than in other states because of the unfortunate events that have occurred here, many of which were at our home park...

Imagine being stuck restrained in a tunnel when some goof gets out a lighter to see in the dark...

If that is the case though we are much more limited in what can even be done with plussing or upgrading one of our current rides. Besides tunnel can mean many different things, doesn't have to be anything super fancy. I'm not gonna get into grievances over the way things get run here, but it seems to me a little ridiculous the cost of living here coupled with how few things can be done compared to other places all around.

I seem to notice something about the spider. When ever it is on a ride that is already closed, the ride is removed. i.e. MTWE, Chiller, and Chaos. When it is placed on a ride that is still open, i.e Carosuel, the ride stays.

Edited by MarioSonic94

^ That picture in the link looks vaguely familiar.

I think the key word is "usually". Screamscape is the best for valid rumors but they are only as good as their sources. Many times we have heard about some rides being safe only to find concrete slabs when the gates open. Time will tell.

^^^Chiller would be a perfect example. It was supposed to re-open and one day it was decided to be taken down. I wouldn't say its not a possibility until I see the announcement.

^^^Chiller would be a perfect example. It was supposed to re-open and one day it was decided to be taken down. I wouldn't say its not a possibility until I see the announcement.

Mark Kane said Six Flags planned to finally address all of B&R:TC's problems. Of course after Kane emphatically stated B&R:TC wasn't going anywhere, corporate told him otherwise.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Screamscape boy also said that the Spider Of Doom rumor is the result of "People with too much time on their hands". It seems this Lance guy really doesen't like us or our park, because of comment's he has made in the past also. Should I start the Bashing, or does any one else wish to start?

I don't think the lower attendance problem is becuase the ride is unpopular. When I went on Medusa during Fright Fest '07, all the switchbacks were full and during the day, the line extended far from the switchbacks. Though I am hoping , no, praying that they don't remove it, I am hoping that they give it an upgrade. They should add tunnels and rename it Viper: The Revenge.

Luis L.

I like the way you think Luis L. with you'r viper returns idea. (IT'S GENIUS!) It would also be cool (and out of the way) if they could make a drop uder el toro's bridge. but it needs somewhat of a make over.

But they should defintly keep the color scheme. just a few touches, nothing huge that changes the whole ride.

p.s go ahead and start bashing the lance dude. Ask him if his park has the tallest and fastest coaster on earth, and ask hime if he has a dancing old guy as a mascot (hopfully he dosn't have a six flags park near him). Let's see what he thinks about that ^_^ .

Edited by JetzFan14

Screamscape boy also said that the Spider Of Doom rumor is the result of "People with too much time on their hands". It seems this Lance guy really doesen't like us or our park, because of comment's he has made in the past also. Should I start the Bashing, or does any one else wish to start?

No need to bash, Lance is right. Right now a lot of people are grasping for some sign of what's coming and they're speculating. Whenever these rumors pop up there's usually some grain of truth...it may have been an idea that was tossed around, or it may really be what's happening. Everyone will know what is happening soon enough.

And, just to throw this out there, some of the folks who decorate for Fright Fest do follow the various boards... and have talked in the past about putting the spider on something that wasn't going anywhere just to see the reactions online...

I specifically remember one supervisor pondering whether or not they'd be able to secure the spider on top of Ka...

:)

No need to bash, Lance is right. Right now a lot of people are grasping for some sign of what's coming and they're speculating. Whenever these rumors pop up there's usually some grain of truth...it may have been an idea that was tossed around, or it may really be what's happening. Everyone will know what is happening soon enough.

Oh, all right. I do really HATE all the Pop Up's though.

Oh, all right. I do really HATE all the Pop Up's though.

If you use firefox get the adblock add on extension and you won't see one ad :D (Sorry for the off topic) Anyway if they don't do anything to Medusa and that is true, I HOPE that the very least is that they will paint it. I can live w/o upgrades but please paint it at least.

I think Lance has a great site. Screamscape is my favorite source for rumors and speculation. The spider is simply that at this point - speculation. That is always a fun thing to do until we hear something official. Although I will admit the pop-ups aren't my favorite part of the site!

The spider has a history of going on doomed attractions, but what if this time, it's just they thought it would look good on the sign it's just being used for descoration. I don't think the Spider of Doom is really a bad omen, just most of the rides it's been on have been removed, but have been SBNO for a while before the spider came(chaos, chiller, water effect(for end of season) The spider is just so big, that the attractions just sitting there gathering dust seem to the most convenient location to place the huge spider. But if history repeats itself, 2007....Early September, were gonna fix Chiller no matter what it takes and open it for 2009, Early October, Chillers too hard to fix, we'll put the Dark Knight in instead.

I guess I'm in the minority here with Medusa. I have always loved the theme(or lack there of) and especially the colors. When those colors were brand new and unfaded, the track and supports just popped out at you. I have never had an issue with the minimal theming. The name and the theme always seemed to work for me. With this said, I don't disagree that they can find ways to plus the ride or re-work it. I do hope that atleast the name remains the same. Medusa was used during a time when it felt like Six Flags wasn't being too original with ride names.

Just some thoughts...

Pete

I agree with you 100%. The music in the station adds to the presentation, I love it, plus the name is just plain awesome.

I know it was true but It cxould of been fun <_<

I'm not a noob to forums.

With that said, I need to state another thing - I'm not sure this is being posted in the right thread... BUT

The Spider of Doom is now on the lawn of Northern Star Arena...

I saw it there today. (October 12th)

I asked someone who works there with Supervisor on her name tag about the "Spider of doom". She joked saying that there will be no more concerts in the arena and laughed.

She actually said it was moved there because of it's wide open space for the legs to spread out.